Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bought a used DJI Spark. How do I make it "mine"?
9290 14 2018-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mcguyvertwo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20954875 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,
Just bought a DJI Spark from a local RC shop, they are not really into drones but, how do I register the drone to me and have it show as a part of my aircraft inventory?  Called the DJI support line and all they were able to tell me is that it would fly since it was previously registered.  Is there another process?  Thanks  M2
2018-8-18
Use props
Greg F
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

I've never owned a used Drone b4 so I'm just guessing here.    If the normal Registration process doesn't work as like a brand new drone.   I would Imagine you would need to provide all the details of the Drone to DJI so they can register it.     I'm sure a DJI Admin will comment soon.
2018-8-18
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

As long you are signed in to djigo4 app, it will show, flighttime distance etc...your user login registers whatever drone you control
2018-8-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding with your concern, Unfortunately, the only way for the Aircraft to be registered under your account is the email that you used here should be the one you use as well activating the Aircraft since the unit that you've purchased already activated it will be reflected to the  Email that being used when activating.
2018-8-18
Use props
mcguyvertwo
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Stephen,
I think I understand but the last part of your message is not clear.  I will make an assumption on it.   
New question, how do I stop someone I do not know that has the email address the drone was originally activated with from being involved with any activity I do with this drone?  Since I cannot show it in my ownership what is to prevent someone who buys a DJI drone from doing something they are not supposed to and the original owner getting the blame?   Pardon the geography but living in the USA here.  Another, what about warranty, DJI Care and other benefits if it is new, unwanted and sold to me right away as claimed?  Is any of this transferrable or what is the deal? Do I need to find out the email address of the previous owner or am I as the second owner simply OOL.
M2
2018-8-18
Use props
mcguyvertwo
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Greg F Posted at 2018-8-18 13:58
I've never owned a used Drone b4 so I'm just guessing here.    If the normal Registration process doesn't work as like a brand new drone.   I would Imagine you would need to provide all the details of the Drone to DJI so they can register it.     I'm sure a DJI Admin will comment soon.

Hi Greg,
This is my first time buying a used DJI drone so not sure of the process.  Sounds like from our DJI Admin that this is a one time connection between the original owner and DJI.  Hmm.. guess it is not like the relationship folks have with the sale of anything from homes, automobiles and other tangible property you pass to your kids when you die.  I really must belong to the one that paid for it, who was not into drones and decided to discard it. This does not make sense to me as there seems to be no transfer of ownership process.  What does corporate America and China do with serious commercial DJI drones they buy and sell as another asset with the movement of their company stock and acquisition desires?  There must be  process somewhere that is scalable
2018-8-18
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

Am I reading this correctly? The first email address used to register/activate the drone is forever locked to said drone and can never be changed to another email address? I really hope not as I used my general email account to activate the Spark. I guess I should've created an email account to be used exclusively for the Spark.
2018-8-18
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

mcguyvertwo Posted at 2018-8-18 16:15
Hi Greg,
This is my first time buying a used DJI drone so not sure of the process.  Sounds like from our DJI Admin that this is a one time connection between the original owner and DJI.  Hmm.. guess it is not like the relationship folks have with the sale of anything from homes, automobiles and other tangible property you pass to your kids when you die.  I really must belong to the one that paid for it, who was not into drones and decided to discard it. This does not make sense to me as there seems to be no transfer of ownership process.  What does corporate America and China do with serious commercial DJI drones they buy and sell as another asset with the movement of their company stock and acquisition desires?  There must be  process somewhere that is scalable

The app is registered by the email account you give them.  You fill in the rest of the registration of your account with your information.  The app, and the drone it flies/controls, is linked to the registered account.  

My account uses your name as my alias so I don't have to worry if my drone is shot down by local FAA secret agents.  They might be able to link to me through the credit card used to buy the Care Refresh for the drone but that card was lost years ago,...I claim.

I stored the credit card in my model airplane when I was first learning to fly.  Naturally my first flight was far out over the ocean and the plane failed to fly itself back to me  
2018-8-18
Use props
mcguyvertwo
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Pappy3 Posted at 2018-8-18 16:32
Am I reading this correctly? The first email address used to register/activate the drone is forever locked to said drone and can never be changed to another email address? I really hope not as I used my general email account to activate the Spark. I guess I should've created an email account to be used exclusively for the Spark.

Hi Pappy3,
Note sure but we have "experts": weighing in so it must be so.
2018-8-18
Use props
Greg F
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

mcguyvertwo Posted at 2018-8-18 16:15
Hi Greg,
This is my first time buying a used DJI drone so not sure of the process.  Sounds like from our DJI Admin that this is a one time connection between the original owner and DJI.  Hmm.. guess it is not like the relationship folks have with the sale of anything from homes, automobiles and other tangible property you pass to your kids when you die.  I really must belong to the one that paid for it, who was not into drones and decided to discard it. This does not make sense to me as there seems to be no transfer of ownership process.  What does corporate America and China do with serious commercial DJI drones they buy and sell as another asset with the movement of their company stock and acquisition desires?  There must be  process somewhere that is scalable

Yeah it does sound weird.    I'm sure DJI can do something...  Surely?...
2018-8-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mcguyvertwo Posted at 2018-8-18 16:03
Stephen,
I think I understand but the last part of your message is not clear.  I will make an assumption on it.   
New question, how do I stop someone I do not know that has the email address the drone was originally activated with from being involved with any activity I do with this drone?  Since I cannot show it in my ownership what is to prevent someone who buys a DJI drone from doing something they are not supposed to and the original owner getting the blame?   Pardon the geography but living in the USA here.  Another, what about warranty, DJI Care and other benefits if it is new, unwanted and sold to me right away as claimed?  Is any of this transferrable or what is the deal? Do I need to find out the email address of the previous owner or am I as the second owner simply OOL.

Hi, for DJI Stephen means that once the drone is activated, it cannot be changed with another email, however, you can use the drone with our own account and the previous owner has no longer connected to the drone. Regarding the warranty and DJI Care refresh, the warranty will start upon receiving the unit and if ever the drone has a DJI care refresh, you can check it on our website for you to determine if the drone has a refresh plan. You have to have the agreement number in any case you need to use the DJI care refresh and also for the warranty, you need a proof of purchase as well. Note: The DJI care refresh is a one-time purchase only. Please let us know if you need our help. Thank you.
2018-8-19
Use props
djiuser_9X40F7vMSsko
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-19 09:19
Hi, for DJI Stephen means that once the drone is activated, it cannot be changed with another email, however, you can use the drone with our own account and the previous owner has no longer connected to the drone. Regarding the warranty and DJI Care refresh, the warranty will start upon receiving the unit and if ever the drone has a DJI care refresh, you can check it on our website for you to determine if the drone has a refresh plan. You have to have the agreement number in any case you need to use the DJI care refresh and also for the warranty, you need a proof of purchase as well. Note: The DJI care refresh is a one-time purchase only. Please let us know if you need our help. Thank you.

Hello i just purchased a dji inspire 2 from a person who registered the drone to him, i would like to purchase a dji refresh incase anything happens in the future. Is this posible?
2020-10-7
Use props
Ruzhye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795640 ft
United States

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-8-18 14:35
As long you are signed in to djigo4 app, it will show, flighttime distance etc...your user login registers whatever drone you control

Several of my early flights were using my brother's Spark and my own DJI Go 4 login.  The drone name is still displayed as how he named it, but the flights counted towards my log in.
2020-10-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can't 'reactivate' a used drone. Just fly it with your own phone and DJI account
2020-10-23
Use props
DJISpark_E.D.I.T.H
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3458 ft

India

even i want to know how to do it. bcoz i am using my account but still my spark is not showing up in my profile
2020-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules