Phone completely shutting down with using DJI app
877 13 2018-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrpenguin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 403875 ft

I just got a Spark, and since I can't fit my phone in the radio without taking off the case, I would use my older phone. The problem is the phone gets quite warm and just randomly shuts off when using the Spark. I had reset the phone, set up the basics, turned on airplane mode (hehe), and connected to the Spark's Wifi. I am thinking it is likely the phone itself, but has anyone else had this issue?
2018-8-18
Use props
Greg F
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Probably due to your phone struggling with outdated CPU and graphics..    Older phones will crash when over heating or the apps will randomly fail and close.    I personally would fly with the newer phone so I wouldn't have issues mid flight.    What phone is it?
2018-8-18
Use props
mrpenguin
lvl.2

Greg, thanks for the reply. While the phone isn't that old, it was a budget device. It is a Motorola G4, running Android 7, with a quad core CPU and 2GB of RAM. I do suspect it is the phone, but wanted to make sure before I go nuts.
2018-8-18
Use props
Greg F
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Try with your other phone..  That should tell you if it is or not.
2018-8-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. I'd like to know the mobile device you used where you downloaded the app? There are some devices that are not listed on our website. I will be posting some of them below for your reference. We're here to help you with this. Thank you.

2018-8-19
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

mrpenguin, the Dji go 4 app is a heavy app unlike others so in order to avoid crash you need a 4 GB ram cash memory mobile to be reponnsive even in the future when the app becomes heavier!
2018-8-19
Use props
mrpenguin
lvl.2

It is a Motorola G4, I am just going to use my iPad, even if it doesn't fit in the remote, and see if I can find a friend who has an older iPhone. Thanks.
2018-8-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mrpenguin Posted at 2018-8-19 14:10
It is a Motorola G4, I am just going to use my iPad, even if it doesn't fit in the remote, and see if I can find a friend who has an older iPhone. Thanks.

Hi, thanks for the updates. Please let us know on the latest progress. Kindly keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-20
Use props
mrpenguin
lvl.2
United States

I was able to get a broken screen Samsung S8 that is working well. Screen may be cracked but it works!
2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mrpenguin Posted at 2018-8-21 14:58
I was able to get a broken screen Samsung S8 that is working well. Screen may be cracked but it works!

Hi, Thanks for the updates, sorry that some devices are not yet tested with our R&D engineers due to lots of devices that are released in the market. Thank you for understanding.
2018-8-22
Use props
mrpenguin
lvl.2

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-22 13:41
Hi, Thanks for the updates, sorry that some devices are not yet tested with our R&D engineers due to lots of devices that are released in the market. Thank you for understanding.

Having some issues with the S8 so using iPad. I just put the iPad on table in front of me.
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mrpenguin Posted at 2018-8-25 08:32
Having some issues with the S8 so using iPad. I just put the iPad on table in front of me.

Hi, sorry for the late response. May I know what seems to be the problem while using the Samsung S8?
2018-8-26
Use props
mrpenguin
lvl.2

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-26 09:21
Hi, sorry for the late response. May I know what seems to be the problem while using the Samsung S8?

It said it disconnected, but was still connected. Also, the programable buttons were not working.
2018-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules