BLACKOUT / DIVEBOMB INTO OCEAN
483 3 2018-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
freshbruin2021
lvl.1

I bought the spark fly-more combo from dji several months ago and have logged over 30 flights thus far. I was flying like all other times and1.) I was "GPS ready to go"
2.) There were no obstacles in between me and the drone.
3.) The drone was only 200 meters away
when all of a sudden my spark "loses transmission signal" as in the screen blacks out. Then i wait to regain an image, it never comes back, so I return home. Well, of course the drone flies past me and then lands into the ocean because by then the battery was so low that it had to do an emergency landing. It was recovered but is obviously no longer functioning.

Just BE WARNED. The spark, or atleast mine, is not as reliable as professional grade drones and cannot be trusted over water or anymore than 1/4 of a mile from you. I'm extremely disappointed with the software of this drone, and having read through other posts, I don't feel like customer service with even give a look to the claim I submitted

2018-8-18
Use props
freshbruin2021
lvl.1

BLACKOUT / DIVEBOMB INTO OCEAN

I bought the spark fly-more combo from dji several months ago and have logged over 30 flights thus far. I was flying like all other times and1.) I was "GPS ready to go"
2.) There were no obstacles in between me and the drone.
3.) The drone was only 200 meters away
when all of a sudden my spark "loses transmission signal" as in the screen blacks out. Then i wait to regain an image, it never comes back, so I return home. Well, of course the drone flies past me and then lands into the ocean because by then the battery was so low that it had to do an emergency landing. It was recovered but is obviously no longer functioning.

Just BE WARNED. The spark, or atleast mine, is not as reliable as professional grade drones and cannot be trusted over water or anymore than 1/4 of a mile from you. I'm extremely disappointed with the software of this drone, and having read through other posts, I don't feel like customer service with even give a look to the claim I submitted

2018-8-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, we're sorry to read the accident. Please kindly contact our support and report the accident: https://www.dji.com/support If the unit is under warranty period, we'll arrange data analysis and offer you a proper solution. If you encounter any difficulties during the progress, feel free to contact us.

BTW, it seems that you started two posts at the similar time, we're sorry that it violates the forum regulations and we'll merge them here for better assistance, appreciate your understanding.
2018-8-18
Use props
carlpfranger
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765151 ft

2.4 or 5.8 video?  How busy did the the channels look?
2018-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules