Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 - Remote failed - GL300L
3698 8 2018-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kostanev
lvl.2
Bulgaria

Hello,

Few days ago I received my brand new Phantom 4 Pro v2.0. I started it at home and everything was fine until the DJI GO 4 App offered me to update the firmware and I accepted. So far so good. The update started and then a message appeared on the screen saying something like "drone battery is less than 50% so the drone update will be skipped". I clicked OK. Of course I put the drone battery to the charger to charge it up. Then I realised the remote (GL300L) and the drone are no longer linked. I connected them (one after another) via USB cable to my computer, using the latest DJI Assistant from P4P V2.0 download's page. I successfully updated the drone from there.

Unfortunately I cannot update|reset the remote controller. The assistant app says it is with version: "V01.00.1500-" (notice the minus sign).
Pressing the "UPGRADE" button starts the process with passing the "downloading" and "transmitting" steps and fails on the "updating" step on 46% with error message: undefined 0x040603.

Also tried:
- to connect the remote to the DJI GO 4 app and pressing+holding the menu button to get the downgrade page, unfortunately it is saying - Equipment: N/A, Firmware Version: N/A - so the firmware dropdown is disabled (looks like the remote is not connected)
- enter the device and calibrate the remote, unfortunately it always says the "disconnected"
- to reset the remote by using key combinations - doesn't work

Note #1: tried 3 android and 1 ios devices, always N/A or Unknown
Note #2: tried with different USB cables
Note #3: sometimes, when I power it up, it starts beeping and the red light blinking.

Contacted the DJI support, but they are currently offline.

I appreciate any help. Thanks.
1. RC Update available.png
2. RC Downloading - OK.png
3. RC Transmitting - OK.png
4. RC Updating - 46 percent.png
5. RC Updating - DISCONNECTED.png
6. RC Updating - RECONNECTED.png
7. RC Update - FAILED - 0x040603.png
DJI GO 4 - RC always disconnected.jpg
DJI GO 4 - RC downgrade - N_A.jpg
2018-8-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had updating the firmware of your remote controller. I will inform our engineers about this and certainly, we will help you with this. Thank you.
2018-8-19
Use props
kostanev
lvl.2
Bulgaria

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-19 04:52
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had updating the firmware of your remote controller. I will inform our engineers about this and certainly, we will help you with this. Thank you.

Hi and thank you for the reply. I'm waiting for your further instructions... However, I'm still trying to find a way to reset/restore the remote controller myself. Really want to avoid sending it back to DJI as the drone arrived just few days ago. I read somewhere that it is possible to recover some remotes by adding firmware .bin file in the root directory of an usb memory stick. Would it help with this one?
2018-8-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kostanev Posted at 2018-8-19 23:00
Hi and thank you for the reply. I'm waiting for your further instructions... However, I'm still trying to find a way to reset/restore the remote controller myself. Really want to avoid sending it back to DJI as the drone arrived just few days ago. I read somewhere that it is possible to recover some remotes by adding firmware .bin file in the root directory of an usb memory stick. Would it help with this one?

Hi kostanev, sorry for keeping you waiting. I just got an update from the engineers that it looks like the hardware issue and cannot be figured out remotely, please kindly contact support@dji.com to start a case and send it in for diagnosis. If you encounter any difficulties during the progress, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'd like to help.
2018-8-23
Use props
kostanev
lvl.2
Bulgaria

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-23 03:54
Hi kostanev, sorry for keeping you waiting. I just got an update from the engineers that it looks like the hardware issue and cannot be figured out remotely, please kindly contact  to start a case and send it in for diagnosis. If you encounter any difficulties during the progress, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'd like to help.

Thanks again. It's strange that a hardware issue may be caused by official firmware update. Anyway, I already sent the unit back to DJI and also the most recent failure log.
2018-8-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kostanev Posted at 2018-8-23 04:25
Thanks again. It's strange that a hardware issue may be caused by official firmware update. Anyway, I already sent the unit back to DJI and also the most recent failure log.

That's all right. Do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything else we can help.
2018-8-24
Use props
neverfading09
New
Flight distance : 14295 ft
United States

Hey there. I have a P4ProV2 as well and my remote GL300L is flashing red and beeping and not wanting to connect. I have tried all the steps kostanev also tried and have had the same result. I opened a repair case and I'm preparing to send the remote in. I just wanted to chime in that I'm having almost exactly the same issue after firmware update.
2018-11-27
Use props
dani2013
lvl.3
Flight distance : 536017 ft
  • >>>
Armenia

GL300L also dead after firmware update , no any power lights any more , even when connected charger no any lights,  battery voltage is okay we confirmed by voltmeter,

2019-1-25
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Time for both to make the trip.
2019-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules