Focus Wheel, RSS Cable and Camera Control Button on Nikon D5200
8549 17 2018-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aaron Fadallan
lvl.1
Philippines

I have a Nikon D5200 and bought a Ronin S this week. Unfortunately, RSS cables doesn't fit to any of my camera ports. Another problem is that, When I use the IR Cable and try to press the Camera Control Button / Record Button all it do is take a picture. I've done anything on my camera but it still takes pictures instead of video. I also can't use my Focus Wheel, I tried to use it with the IR Cable but it doesn't work. Is the problem because my camera lens is not on the compatibility list of lenses that the Ronin S supports (Using a kit lens 18-55mm) or I just really need to have a RSS cable that can fit to one of my camera ports?

I've indicated a picture of the camera ports. I just took it from google, photo not really mine. ctto
PORTS.JPG
2018-8-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Aaron, sorry for the troubles with Nikon D5200, please note at the moment, Nikon D5200 can be physically balanced and stabilized on the Ronin-S, some features are not available, we will continuously look into possibilities of bringing more features to more camera models, and we will keep developing IR shutter control, sorry for the inconvenience caused. GTScreenshot_20180820_162820.png
2018-8-20
Use props
Caribbean
lvl.1
Curaçao

Dear Admin, when do you expect to have this, IR shutter controle,  in a time frame, just opened the Ronin S box and this was my first negative experience. communication cable with the D5500.
2018-8-22
Use props
Aaron Fadallan
lvl.1
Philippines

Well do you guys any have a timeline or clue for its release date? Hope it'll be this year or early next year
2018-8-23
Use props
Caribbean
lvl.1
Netherlands

Dear DJI, any response would be decent. I bought the ronin s for the panorama, ,360 etc. ,....,....
2018-9-6
Use props
Backlash
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42749 ft
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-20 00:28
Hi Aaron, sorry for the troubles with Nikon D5200, please note at the moment, Nikon D5200 can be physically balanced and stabilized on the Ronin-S, some features are not available, we will continuously look into possibilities of bringing more features to more camera models, and we will keep developing IR shutter control, sorry for the inconvenience caused.[view_image]

When i use the Ronin IR cable with the nikon d5200 and press the record button is take a photo instead of start video recording. Any suggestions?
2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Backlash Posted at 2018-9-7 15:07
When i use the Ronin IR cable with the nikon d5200 and press the record button is take a photo instead of start video recording. Any suggestions?

Hi Backlash, did you try to press the record button to the bottom to see if video recording can be triggered?
2018-9-9
Use props
Backlash
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42749 ft
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-9 21:25
Hi Backlash, did you try to press the record button to the bottom to see if video recording can be triggered?

Sorry for my late reply.

Yes i pressed the record button to the bottom, i only took a picture.
Now i have upgraded to the latest firmware even that doesn't work anymore.

Now the record button and IR cable are useless.
2018-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Backlash Posted at 11-13 11:59
Sorry for my late reply.

Yes i pressed the record button to the bottom, i only took a picture.

Thanks for getting back to us, at the moment, Nikon D5200 can only be physically balanced and stabilized on the Ronin-S, the control features may be not available, we are working on developing the IR shutter control, please wait for the future update, thank you.
2018-11-15
Use props
Crius Digital
lvl.3
Greece

Hi! I just bought an essentials kit to pair with my Nikon D5200!! Is the IR cable issue resolved? What cables do I need to use Panorama and timelapse?Ty in advance!
2019-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Crius Digital Posted at 4-18 09:15
Hi! I just bought an essentials kit to pair with my Nikon D5200!!  Is the IR cable issue resolved? What cables do I need to use Panorama and timelapse?Ty in advance!

Hi Crius Digital, we are still working on developing the IR control for Nikon D5200. It can be stabilized by Ronin-S but the control features may not available. Please note our website of the future update, sorry for the inconvenience caused. GTScreenshot_20190419_143240.png
2019-4-18
Use props
Crius Digital
lvl.3
Greece

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-18 22:35
Hi Crius Digital, we are still working on developing the IR control for Nikon D5200. It can be stabilized by Ronin-S but the control features may not available. Please note our website of the future update, sorry for the inconvenience caused.[view_image]

Thak you for your help!
Meanwhile I found a way to connect it with my camera(functions also working) and I'm planning on creating a youtube tip video to help the users of the Nikon D5200.
  I'm also intrested in testing the dji osmo actioncam for my youtube channel but I can't afford to buy it because I bought a gopro hero7black last week :/  and I was hoping to do a comparison somehow!
Can you help me with that?
My youtube channel name is "Crius Digital" and this is the link to it :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z4Mrcp4bhWcz487jCLFFA
(I also did a video review in Greek for the Ronin S  Essentials Kit)

2019-5-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Crius Digital Posted at 5-17 09:32
Thak you for your help!
Meanwhile I found a way to connect it with my camera(functions also working) and I'm planning on creating a youtube tip video to help the users of the Nikon D5200.
  I'm also intrested in testing the dji osmo actioncam for my youtube channel but I can't afford to buy it because I bought a gopro hero7black last week :/  and I was hoping to do a comparison somehow!

That would be great if you could share with us how to connect to Nikon 5200 with Ronin-S since we are still working it.
We are unable to send you a free Osmo Action for the comparison review, you may contact marketing@dji.com to see if it is possible, thanks for your support.
2019-5-20
Use props
Crius Digital
lvl.3
Greece

I made this video to sow how you can balance a gopro camera to the RONIN-S
https://youtu.be/RZ0q_g-H_d4
and at 11:23 I begin to show how I solved the connectivity issu with the NIKON D5200!!
I hope this was helpful!!
if you want to support me to keep uploading tech videos please subscribe to my Youtube channel :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z4Mrcp4bhWcz487jCLFFA
CRIUS DIGITAL STUDIO
2019-6-1
Use props
Crius Digital
lvl.3
Greece

RONIN-S & NIKON D5200 SOLVED!!!!
2019-6-1
Use props
Crius Digital
lvl.3
Greece

RONIN-S & NIKON D5200 SOLVED!!!!
fff.jpg
2019-6-1
Use props
Crius Digital
lvl.3
Greece

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-20 00:50
That would be great if you could share with us how to connect to Nikon 5200 with Ronin-S since we are still working it.
We are unable to send you a free Osmo Action for the comparison review, you may contact  to see if it is possible, thanks for your support.

I uploaded this video https://youtu.be/RZ0q_g-H_d4 where at 11:23  I show the solution to the connectivity issue which in my case was to connect the multi camera control Type B with an adapter to the Original provided Usb cable from NIKON. As you can see from the video it works perfect!!(please if you can delete my past 3 messages to this forum)Thanks in advance!

fff.jpg
2019-6-3
Use props
Carlo Pablo
New

Canada

Hi Im Carlo and i just purchased the Ronin S and im trying to find a rss cable that will fit my Nikon D750 and D800 and is there any chance the focus wheeel will work on them? Thanks a lot
2020-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules