4764 16 2018-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zupi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152651 ft
Belgium

Hello, My spark has never crash.
Altitude on my IPhone is correct up to 4-5 meters. After, it is completely crazy, the information is block or no correct.
Sometimes when I release the stick of my remote, it continues to elevate, I have to go down to stop it.
This is the same thing when I want to go down.
When I land at the same point, the alitude is sometime negative.
It seems that I have this problem since the last 2 upgrades.
Do you have an idea?
NB : I have already try to re calibrate, but without result.

Thank you.
2018-8-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the inconvenience. Regarding your concern may I ask what mobile device are you using? have you tried to use a different mobile device just to isolate the issue? and as you mention I assume that you've calibrated the IMU?
2018-8-19
Use props
Zupi
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-19 11:38
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the inconvenience. Regarding your concern may I ask what mobile device are you using? have you tried to use a different mobile device just to isolate the issue? and as you mention I assume that you've calibrated the IMU?

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for your answer.
I use an IPhone 8, IOS 11.4.1 and the last version of DJ Go4.
I have upgraded this W-E my spark and my remote controler with the computer.
I set my IPhone in fly mode and use an otg cable. I have already replaced it.
All the other informations seems correct. I Don't loose the video signal.
There is something Strange and it seems new since some upgrades : altitude info on the left distance info
It seems swapping between 2 informations one with a small icon (greater/equal + number maybe the altitude Under 5 meters?) and the altitude.
But I cannot get the right altitude since june. Before (for september 2017 to june 2018) I used the same configuration and everything was fine
Note that my drone is like a new, no crash ;-)
2018-8-19
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

I get the same issue with mine and the Height sometimes is wrong and sometimes shows up in Red (Negative).    When that happens I re calibrate IMU and Compass again..   Usually solves the problem for me..
2018-8-19
Use props
Zupi
lvl.1
Belgium

Greg F Posted at 2018-8-19 22:11
I get the same issue with mine and the Height sometimes is wrong and sometimes shows up in Red (Negative).    When that happens I re calibrate IMU and Compass again..   Usually solves the problem for me..

Ok maybe I haven't understood Something.
I will read the difference of IMU and compass
I will let you my result.
2018-8-19
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Australia

Zupi Posted at 2018-8-19 22:48
Ok maybe I haven't understood Something.
I will read the difference of IMU and compass
I will let you my result.

Watch this Video.   It explains what you need to do to Calibrate IMU and Compass..    Good Luck.  
2018-8-19
Use props
Zupi
lvl.1
Belgium

Greg F Posted at 2018-8-19 23:22
Watch this Video.   It explains what you need to do to Calibrate IMU and Compass..    Good Luck.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXjzmC1CtMw

Thank you for the link.
I've done both : IMU + COMPASS
Always the same, wrong altitude.
When I use An iPhone I have swapping 2 values at the position of the altitude :
one with a H and the meters and an other like a pointer symbol with 2 small arcs Under it.
When I use a Samsung phone I have only the H and the meter (wrong) at this position on the screen
But Always the same problem, altitude is wrong over 4-4.5meters
I have tried to elevate very high and when I go down the altitude is negative.
Note : I stay a the same place ;=)
2018-8-20
Use props
Zupi
lvl.1
Belgium

Zupi Posted at 2018-8-20 08:22
Thank you for the link.

Other strange thing, the red pointer on the map Always show the opposite direction,
the red pointer was upside down, the tip indicated the back with the version 1.00.10000
When I downgrade to ver 1.00.08000 the direction of the pointer is OK???
I have also tried with the version 1.00.0701, really Strange, I can get up to 33m on my screen but I'm not a 33m.
I seems that the older version gives me more 'precision' than the newer.
Do you have an idea?

symbol

symbol

H

H
2018-8-20
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Australia

Zupi Posted at 2018-8-20 08:22
Thank you for the link.

I would check all your firmware is upto date.   As well as the latest version of the app..  If you have done Calibrations and it is still out.  I would let DJI know as there might be something else you can do.   This could be a possible fault in your drones sensors or internal Hardware.
2018-8-20
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Australia

Zupi Posted at 2018-8-20 09:08
Other strange thing, the red pointer on the map Always show the opposite direction,
the red pointer was upside down, the tip indicated the back with the version 1.00.10000
When I downgrade to ver 1.00.08000 the direction of the pointer is OK???

Yeah seems like something is not right if the arrow is pointing in the wrong direction..  Usually a Compass and IMU fixes that..  I would message DJI.  
2018-8-20
Use props
Zupi
lvl.1
Belgium

Greg F Posted at 2018-8-20 15:47
I would check all your firmware is upto date.   As well as the latest version of the app..  If you have done Calibrations and it is still out.  I would let DJI know as there might be something else you can do.   This could be a possible fault in your drones sensors or internal Hardware.

Hello,

I have bought my spark in 2017, middle of september.
I Don't know the version of the remote controler, but the last update were done last Week-end
The version of the drone is 1.00.10000 and DJ Go4 V4.2.21(3176)

2018-8-20
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Australia

Zupi Posted at 2018-8-20 21:56
Hello,

My version of the app is 4.2.24  maybe try updating app..  Before you do that make sure you save any files and Sync all your flight Data.
2018-8-20
Use props
Zupi
lvl.1
Belgium

Greg F Posted at 2018-8-20 22:52
My version of the app is 4.2.24  maybe try updating app..  Before you do that make sure you save any files and Sync all your flight Data.

It is the last on my IPhone but I had the same problem with the previous.
When I read some topics it is like the barometer system is in fault.
Is there any Tools to 'reset' it?
2018-8-20
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Australia

Zupi Posted at 2018-8-20 23:14
It is the last on my IPhone but I had the same problem with the previous.
When I read some topics it is like the barometer system is in fault.
Is there any Tools to 'reset' it?

Not that I know of... Other than doing Calibration and Firmware updates.    I guess you will have to ask DJI for some assistance..
2018-8-20
Use props
djiuser_bxcab3eXYAux
New
Turkey

hi. finally have you solved the problem? because i guess i have the same problem. need an assistance if any solution.
2019-2-18
Use props
Zupi
lvl.1
Belgium

djiuser_bxcab3eXYAux Posted at 2-18 05:58
hi. finally have you solved the problem? because i guess i have the same problem. need an assistance if any solution.

My supplier took back the Spark from me and paid me back. I bought the Mavic Air which works perfectly with the same mobile phone
2019-2-18
Use props
Flyingstoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 123944 ft

United Kingdom

I have been having the same problems of incorrect altitude reporting. What is worse is that if a return to home is initiated the spark thinks it is very low when it isn't and will climb up another 30 m
2020-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules