How many satellites fixed would be safe for the Mavic air?
5087 10 2018-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_3jPJpGMEU6D6
New
India

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie. I just wanted to know what's the minimum number of satellites locked for a safe flight of the mavic air?
2018-8-19
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

11 is what you should bee looking at.
2018-8-19
Use props
djiuser_3jPJpGMEU6D6
New
India

Oh! Thanks buddy. Will test that out.

Can anyone from India respond? It would be helpful.
2018-8-19
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

djiuser_3jPJpGMEU6D6 Posted at 2018-8-19 12:52
Oh! Thanks buddy. Will test that out.

Can anyone from India respond? It would be helpful.

I would agree with G_Sig about the number, I don't think the location matters, if thats what you are looking for when you need answers from India.

Happy flying with your new Drone
2018-8-19
Use props
djiuser_3jPJpGMEU6D6
New
India

Thank you!

Yeah that's what I meant. I've heard that max we get here is about 7. Wanted to check that out, but it's raining like crazy. Waiting for the rain to stop.
2018-8-19
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

djiuser_3jPJpGMEU6D6 Posted at 2018-8-19 13:00
Thank you!

Yeah that's what I meant. I've heard that max we get here is about 7. Wanted to check that out, but it's raining like crazy. Waiting for the rain to stop.

I think the Air have "access" to two sat systems so I think you will be able to get more then 7.
Try to start it up under some cover and see how many you get, don't mean that you have to fly.

google sat coverage for india, and see what the maps say, Don't know where in India you are located and it is a HUGE country so.....

Best of luck.
2018-8-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding your question just like what the previous post yes 11 or more and also make sure there will be no source of interference on the area for you to have a smooth flight with your Aircraft.
2018-8-19
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50915 ft

Hi
In trigonometry you got to have at least 3 points of reference to actual find your position with accuracy.
In theory this is enough. But never rely on that when flying.
So to answer to your question, the minimum number of satellite signals for a safe flight is 8. Normally in most  places of the world you got to have 10 to 18.
The major problem of the satellite receiving signals is around equator in which the usual number is about 7 to 12.
You must lock at least 8 signals because it is possible during flight to loss signal from a satellite that is going to move under horizon  ("satellite sunset") or to face some signal separation issue, caused by a very close satellite line of sight trace, witch does not giving a clear signal to your receiver. Even an atmosphere electric anomaly (caused by ionosphere influence)  may infect satellite receiving on the system.
So with 8 satellites you can fly safely. Les than that I personally prefer not to.
2019-9-25
Use props
selo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 715807 ft
Turkey

Turkey 20 GPS sattalite
2019-10-27
Use props
morrisdl
New
Flight distance : 64524 ft
United States

I like to see at least 9.  The GPS sats are at Medium Earth Orbit (MEO) about 12,000miles / 20000km.   They all circle the earth about twice per day, so it good to have more that 3.  If one or two drop over the horizon, you want to have sufficient backups.
2019-10-30
Use props
Aviationman123
New
United States

12 Satellites is the minimum that I used
2019-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules