ADMIN I'M EXTREMELY CONCERNED!
913 17 2018-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aaron Avila
First Officer

I just had a fellow pilot here in the Forum tell me my show intro may be a copyright infringement! I will not use if it's an issue! A pilot in this forum made it for me. Say the word and I will delete and stop use imitatey! I am a totaly broke stroke survivor and can't afford any trouble.
Here's the video in question
2018-8-19
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

What part of the Into?... The Flying Spark?...  
2018-8-19
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

Greg F Posted at 2018-8-19 16:03
What part of the Into?... The Flying Spark?...

Absolute beginning is 100% [/url]
2018-8-19
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

This is one of those things that will defy any use of common sense.
I can plainly see in this context no commercial, profit producing intent was there for the one who posted it.
If anything at all DJI might even benefit from it. Free advertising?
However, you can never tell how an over zealous corporate lawyer will interpret it.
2018-8-19
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Australia

Chuck101 Posted at 2018-8-19 16:11
This is one of those things that will defy any use of common sense.
I can plainly see in this context no commercial, profit producing intent was there for the one who posted it.
If anything at all DJI might even benefit from it. Free advertising?

Agree Chuck ...   If it's for commercial purposes then they might have an issue.    I can't see your non - profit usage of it Aaron to be a major issue.   Then again I'm not DJI..  
2018-8-19
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Australia

Aaron Avila Posted at 2018-8-19 16:08
Absolute beginning is 100% DJI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHl5XNl2AH4[/url]

Like Chuck said if it's not for commercial usage it should be fine.  Hopefully DJI respond with the same answer
2018-8-19
Use props
Jack-O
lvl.1

United States

I think that's fair use. Shouldn't be a problem.
2018-8-19
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Contact dji directly, admins inhere, hmm read some, and copy paste their standart answers
2018-8-19
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-8-19 20:20
Contact dji directly, admins inhere, hmm read some, and copy paste their standart answers

Okay thanks
2018-8-20
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Because it includes a picture of your spark? That would fall under "fair use." You can, of course, publish photos of your drone.

The only complaint I had with your video was your intro seemed too long. Nothing illegal about long introductions.
2018-8-20
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

Tentoes Posted at 2018-8-20 07:28
Because it includes a picture of your spark? That would fall under "fair use." You can, of course, publish photos of your drone.

The only complaint I had with your video was your intro seemed too long. Nothing illegal about long introductions.

Agree! But it's the very beginning DJI Spark opener that's in question. It's 100% DJI. If it's an issue I'll just clip out the video but keep the rest. Really no big deal. We'll see what DJI says. It's really up to them?
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum for this. Are you referring to the videos you're posting here? As I can see so far, there's nothing wrong with it since you're posting it here also in DJI Forum. I can see that you don't have any bad intentions on posting those videos and I believe there is no implemented rule in our rules and regulations here in DJI Forum about this issue. So you're good, Aaron. Thank you for reaching this again.
2018-8-20
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-20 09:44
Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum for this. Are you referring to the videos you're posting here? As I can see so far, there's nothing wrong with it since you're posting it here also in DJI Forum. I can see that you don't have any bad intentions on posting those videos and I believe there is no implemented rule in our rules and regulations here in DJI Forum about this issue. So you're good, Aaron. Thank you for reaching this again.

Thank you but I want to use this show intro another forum made me outside of this forum. Will you ask the appropriate person please?

2018-8-20
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

For real copyright? it is a free adverting for dji, it is ok to use I think
2018-8-21
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

jacksonnai Posted at 2018-8-21 05:14
For real copyright? it is a free adverting for dji, it is ok to use I think

I appreciate that bro but corporate sees the world much different than us folk!
Just playing! Pic is just joking.

2018-8-21
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Aaron Avila Posted at 2018-8-21 07:27
I appreciate that bro but corporate sees the world much different than us folk![view_image]
Just playing! Pic is just joking.

2018-8-21
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Na. I think I'd drop the first part: the DJI video. A picture or video of your spark is no problem. Of course, you have a dji representative saying using their footage there is no problem.
2018-8-23
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Maybe that Guy is a Hater, if I remeber well you didn't do the Intro Aaron, but some guy from Spain gave it to you.

So don't worry.

2018-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules