Any of you guys have multiple P3's?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scott7161
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I just bought my second Phantom 3 Pro today after being so impressed with my first.  I went out last night with a P2/GoPro Hero 4 and FPV kit and my P3P and I love the lightbridge and the ability to adjust camera settings on the P3.  I sold all my Phantom 2 gear.  

There is one situation where I think a non lightbridge FPV might be better and that's if you're flying low around trees or obstacles and need absolutely no lag time between where the Phantom is and what you see on your screen.  Sometimes I fly in canyons or up the sides of hills or mountains and it's a little scarey when the lightbridge loses connection so quickly.  With a 5.8Ghz connection you get a little warning fuzz to know you better start increasing throttle before you lose FPV.  I do notice that when you lose your FPV but with lightbridge, you lose it fast!  It's similar to the difference between the old analog cell phones where you could hear the static and move to a better location and now that everything is digital, the sound gets garbled and then bam, you lose connection.

I also think that working on the Phantom 3 may be more difficult than doing your own repairs on the Phantom 2.  It seems like it's harder to open the case and the ESC's are integrated into the motherboard.  I wonder if anyone has been able to remove the flight controller from the motherboard.  When I crashed my P2's, I liked being able to open them up and replace an ESC or motor or buy a new shell and be back in action.  I guess we'll find out how easy that will be.

Scott

Here's a link to my youtube channel with some videos from here in Hawaii and also in Iceland and Hungary.  Fly Safe!

http://youtube.com/doctorrennie

2015-5-26
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Sheesh, my Phantom 3 makes it the 5th Phantom in my "hanger"... (so far)  The Phantom 1 that started this whole hobby (obsession?) was only back in Feb of 2014!

I've noticed the same thing about the Phantom 3 shell when a friend tried to crack one open.  They've added 12 locking tabs that go all around the case and some of the screw type and locations have changed.

By the way, you can adjust the Image Transmission Setting to increase the range by changing to the "custom" setting.
ImageTransmissionSettings(custom).jpg
2015-5-27
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Nice Videos!!
2015-5-27
Use props
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

Yes. I have two p3 advance, two p2v+ v3, two phantom 1 fc40, and a phantom 1. All purchased starting in October 2014.
2015-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules