Lost signal? Pay 200 euros
1159 15 2018-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rusterdrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34478 ft
Italy

Hello everyone, I speak to you about my case.
Like many of you, I updated my P3S firmware and since then my drone has had lost signal problems. Over 30 meters in height and 35 meters away, the drone automatically returns to the starting point.
I tried in all ways to downgrade the firmware but the drone
it was unusable. I then reported it to the latest firmware.
I decided to send it for repair, thinking it was under warranty (the drone is only one year old and has never had an accident).
I spent about 50 euros to send it to the Netherlands repair point.
After a couple of days I got the bill: 203 euros !!!

Apart  from reading about other users who have had their regenerated or even  replaced drone back, it does not seem acceptable to pay such a fee for a  repair. The drone cost me a little more than double. What need is there to replace all those pieces? At this point I think I will send the drone back.
If only I had known I would not have made that update, my drone worked very well. Why do I have to pay for a fault that is not mine?
I am very disappointed with this behavior.

Bill

Bill
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. I will be coordinating with the correct department for us to assist you with this. Kindly provide the case (CAS) number thru PM. We're here to help you with this. Thank you.
2018-8-20
Use props
Rusterdrone
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-20 02:34
Hi, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. I will be coordinating with the correct department for us to assist you with this. Kindly provide the case (CAS) number thru PM. We're here to help you with this. Thank you.

Hi Gamora,
my case is CAS-2064792-Y9Q5S0 (and CRM:0001003655045).
Thank you.
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Rusterdrone Posted at 2018-8-20 06:36
Hi Gamora,
my case is CAS-2064792-Y9Q5S0 (and CRM:0001003655045).
Thank you.

Hi Stefano, thank you for providing us your case number. Upon checking the status of the case, the main reason you have been quoted is because your drone was found purchased or originally from China. We are very sorry about your case, but your drone must be sent to the designated repair center assigned to your drone's origin. Since DJI has no global warranty, you have to settle the invoice to continue the repair process.
2018-8-20
Use props
Rusterdrone
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-8-20 07:22
Hi Stefano, thank you for providing us your case number. Upon checking the status of the case, the main reason you have been quoted is because your drone was found purchased or originally from China. We are very sorry about your case, but your drone must be sent to the designated repair center assigned to your drone's origin. Since DJI has no global warranty, you have to settle the invoice to continue the repair process.

I repeat: the drone worked very well before updating the firmware. What need is there for all those repairs? Return the drone to the previous firmware. Or replace the piece that contains the firmware. This is enough to get the drone to work.

Another user has solved the problem like this:

Look at this comment:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 7671&pid=364534
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Hi Stefano. As mentioned above, since DJI has no global warranty,  your drone must be sent to the designated repair center assigned to your drone's origin to take advantage of the warranty coverage. Our repair center in  Barendrecht, Netherlands will not provide service after they detected that your drone must be sent to Mainland China where the origin of your drone is.
2018-8-20
Use props
Rusterdrone
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-8-20 09:55
Hi Stefano. As mentioned above, since DJI has no global warranty,  your drone must be sent to the designated repair center assigned to your drone's origin to take advantage of the warranty coverage. Our repair center in  Barendrecht, Netherlands will not provide service after they detected that your drone must be sent to Mainland China where the origin of your drone is.

Maybe we did not understand each other: 200 euros to repair the drome is a enormous quantity.
It's not worth it. At this point I ask you to send me my drone.
I am very disappointed.
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Rusterdrone Posted at 2018-8-20 11:33
Maybe we did not understand each other: 200 euros to repair the drome is a enormous quantity.
It's not worth it. At this point I ask you to send me my drone.
I am very disappointed.

We're sorry to hear about this, Stefano. We understand that you don't agree with the quotation sent to you and that you're claiming it's a malfunction on the drone. But, please understand that After-Sales Policy needs to be followed, DJI's warranty only works in one region where the drone has originated. If it's a malfunction but you sent it to the repair center that doesn't have the unit warranty, Our repair facility will not repair it under warranty. You'll have to shoulder the repair cost based on the damage evaluation we conducted. However, to further assist you with your request, I forwarded it to our higher department. Please keep your line accessible, we'll contact you within 48 business hours for update. Thank you.
2018-8-20
Use props
Rusterdrone
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-8-20 15:02
We're sorry to hear about this, Stefano. We understand that you don't agree with the quotation sent to you and that you're claiming it's a malfunction on the drone. But, please understand that After-Sales Policy needs to be followed, DJI's warranty only works in one region where the drone has originated. If it's a malfunction but you sent it to the repair center that doesn't have the unit warranty, Our repair facility will not repair it under warranty. You'll have to shoulder the repair cost based on the damage evaluation we conducted. However, to further assist you with your request, I forwarded it to our higher department. Please keep your line accessible, we'll contact you within 48 business hours for update. Thank you.

Ok. I’ll wait.
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Rusterdrone, we see our manager has contacted you, hope the issue will get addressed soon.
2018-8-21
Use props
Rusterdrone
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-21 00:53
Hi Rusterdrone, we see our manager has contacted you, hope the issue will get addressed soon.

Hello.
Unfortunately, despite the money spent and your assurance that my problem was solved, today I sent my P3S flying for the first time after your "repair". Well, the signal problem lost was not solved at all. I uploaded a video on Youtube that shows the situation:

2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rusterdrone Posted at 2018-9-11 09:18
Hello.
Unfortunately, despite the money spent and your assurance that my problem was solved, today I sent my P3S flying for the first time after your "repair". Well, the signal problem lost was not solved at all. I uploaded a video on Youtube that shows the situation:
Lost signal (7m)

Hi Rusterdrone, sorry for the troubles. May I know what's the current firmware of the drone? Please try to link RC and adjust the antenna direction to see whether it helps. If the issue persists, please kindly advise, we'll arrange the next step for you.
2018-9-12
Use props
Rusterdrone
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-12 01:13
Hi Rusterdrone, sorry for the troubles. May I know what's the current firmware of the drone? Please try to link RC and adjust the antenna direction to see whether it helps. If the issue persists, please kindly advise, we'll arrange the next step for you.

The drone is linked (led green, front lights solid red, rear lights yellow blinking slowly).
Aircraft Version 1.9.20
App version 3.1.34
2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rusterdrone Posted at 2018-9-12 23:33
The drone is linked (led green, front lights solid red, rear lights yellow blinking slowly).
Aircraft Version 1.9.20
App version 3.1.34

Rusterdrone, we apologize again that the issue was not solved, your case has been escalated to the appropriate department to follow up, we will have someone to contact you about the next resolution, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-9-13
Use props
Rusterdrone
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-13 00:43
Rusterdrone, we apologize again that the issue was not solved, your case has been escalated to the appropriate department to follow up, we will have someone to contact you about the next resolution, please wait patiently, thank you.

You had assured me that you had solved the problem of the lost signal. I can not spend a lot of money every time.
2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rusterdrone Posted at 2018-9-13 01:15
You had assured me that you had solved the problem of the lost signal. I can not spend a lot of money every time.

This is not what we want our customers to experience either, we will have someone to contact you soon about the further resolution, sorry again for all the trouble caused.
2018-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules