Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin 2 tilt drifts when remote is turned on.
8109 7 2018-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kurtisbadical
lvl.1

I’m on a job with the Ronin 2 and up until the halfway point, it has worked flawlessly. Here’s the issue:

When I turn the remote control that came with the Ronin 2 on, the pan starts to drift up. The issue goes away when I turn the remote off. If I toggle the “tilt” channel from “normal” to “reverse”, the drift changes directions so it tilts down. If I select “recenter” the issue goes away but then we can’t use the Ronin 2 in a handheld application.

FYI, I’m using an Android phone to change settings and I updated the firmware two nights ago.

Please let me know how to fix it.

Thanks,

-K
2018-8-20
Use props
proimages
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft

My guess is you'll need to calibrate RC and second RC.
cheers
Darrin
2018-8-20
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

yes ... you need to recalibrate the remote every time you shut down .... it doesn´t stick
2018-8-21
Use props
Kurtisbadical
lvl.1

Thanks for the replies! If anyone else is having a similar issue, here is what a rep at DJI sent me:
2018-8-22
Use props
Kurtisbadical
lvl.1

“Dear Kurt,  Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.  We are grateful to assist you with your concern. Regarding this issue, please try below operations.  1. Calibrate the Control Joystick and Roll Knob. Ensure the gimbal is powered off during calibration.  1). Press the C1 + C2 buttons once, then press them simultaneously and hold them until the long beeping changes to a continuously short beeping "DDD, DDD, …" sounds, which indicates the calibration has begun. Don't touch the joystick until calibration starts. Repeat step 1 if calibration fails to initiate.  2). Push the joystick to the endpoints in multiple directions (top, bottom, left, and right) multiple times and rotate the roll axis knob clockwise and counterclockwise to the end point, respectively.   3). Press and hold the C1 and C2 buttons at the same time again to exit the calibration. The remote controller will emit “DD” sounds if the calibration is successful. If no sound is heard, the calibration fails. If so, repeat the steps above.  2. Do system calibration  Looking forward to hearing from you soon.  Thanks for choosing DJI. Have a nice day!”
2018-8-22
Use props
Kurtisbadical
lvl.1

Thanks Blair!
2018-8-22
Use props
Kurtisbadical
lvl.1

Thanks again!
2018-8-22
Use props
djiuser_pugfjhQBgif9
New

Hi my Ronin 2 with Forcepro worked fine for 3 days but now I am unable to use tilt..it's not responding. Pl help
2018-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules