2101 12 2018-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJS78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83386 ft
Netherlands

Dear all,

I'm wondering if my fellow Spark users can have a look at this and can clarify what happened. I Already have created a DJI support case.

I did 2 flights (2 batteries, around 60%) with my Spark + RC and Samsung S8 (flight mode, only RC wifi connection). Before take off I had to do a IMU and Compass calibration, which I did both succesfully. The software of the app, RC , battery and Drone were up to date.
The first flight went fine. Slowly taken off. Home point created. Acknowledge my attitude restrictions. Flew around a little bit, within the flight I lost my connection, it went to RTH mode, picked up the connection and continued twice. With the low battery indication I landed the drone next to me. Everything worked as expected.
The second flight same starting procedure, but this time when I lost my connection, it didn't RTH point. The Drone was not far away (100 m. Height, 60 m. Distance), I couldn't see it visually (I was looking at my screen), but I could hear it. Unfortunately the sound dissappeard as did my drone. I walked in the direction of the last known location of the drone, but my RC didn't picked up any signal. The location of the Lost my Drone function was not accurate, at least I couldn't fine it. So now my Drone is still lost.

Here is my first flight:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/X93KU3B6SLWASSVWEIKO/

Here is my flight log where I lost the drone:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/D7M390UP8IFT8PEFTF27/

Any idea what happened?

Kind regards,

JJS

2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. Is it possible to provide the case (CAS) number thru PM? I will coordinate the correct department for us to assist you with this. We're here to help you with this. Thank you.
2018-8-20
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

I think DJI has to release another firmware for the RC and SPARK. It definitely has to do with the latest firmwares
2018-8-20
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Looking at the second set of Logs..  You had Weak GPS at the start with not many Satelites.   

8 seconds into the flight you had a Weak GPS Signal show up..
Would be wise to have return the drone after you see Weak GPS messages on your phone.
Did you do a IMU and Compass Calibration after the first flight??..
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Jan, thank you for providing your case number. I managed to get it from DJI Gamora and we have already reviewed your case. Upon checking, the case is being handle by the proper department who will conduct investigation with all the information and data we have received from you. We will send you an email notification once the analysis has the result. We hope for your patience.
2018-8-20
Use props
JJS78
lvl.1
Netherlands

Greg F Posted at 2018-8-20 06:23
Looking at the second set of Logs..  You had Weak GPS at the start with not many Satelites.   

8 seconds into the flight you had a Weak GPS Signal show up..

I did the (required) calibration before the first flight.
2018-8-20
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

JJS78 Posted at 2018-8-20 06:45
I did the (required) calibration before the first flight.

Might have been a good idea to do it again b4 the second flight as you had GPS Errors on it.   Regardless I hope DJI can help you out
2018-8-20
Use props
JJS78
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Closing update:

DJI support acknowledged an error on their side, 'a possible GPS module issue that lead to the incident'. They offered me a coupon for a replacement, which I used and now I have a new Spark that flies perfectly again.
Thank you for your help and a special thanks to the DJI support team in resolving this issue.
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JJS78 Posted at 2018-9-11 23:21
Closing update:

DJI support acknowledged an error on their side, 'a possible GPS module issue that lead to the incident'. They offered me a coupon for a replacement, which I used and now I have a new Spark that flies perfectly again.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Glad to hear it is a warranty case. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us. Wish you receive the new drone soon.
2018-9-12
Use props
Jstclair360
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11394 ft
United States

same exact thing happened to me today...
2019-2-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jstclair360 Posted at 2-9 15:33
same exact thing happened to me today...

Hi Jstclair360, we are so sorry to hear that, did you retrieve the drone in the end? If not, please use the Find My Drone to search the drone, if there is no luck, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the data analysis if the drone is still within the warranty period.
2019-2-9
Use props
Jstclair360
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11394 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-9 18:03
Hi Jstclair360, we are so sorry to hear that, did you retrieve the drone in the end? If not, please use the Find My Drone to search the drone, if there is no luck, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the data analysis if the drone is still within the warranty period.

I did not find the drone. I was talking to a customer service rep on facebook who started the service ticket. And i sent in my flight logs
2019-2-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jstclair360 Posted at 2-9 19:04
I did not find the drone. I was talking to a customer service rep on facebook who started the service ticket. And i sent in my flight logs

Alright, if you need any assistance, please keep us updated with the case number.
2019-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules