OTG Spark and LG V20
1657 13 2018-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
idealhobbies1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61089 ft
United States

I just got my Spark and I am having a heck of a time getting it to otg with my phone. It’s a V20 that I intend to dedicate to the Spark. It’s deactivated and I have removed the SIM card. It’s running Android v8. Controller and Spark are up to date, as well as DJI Go.

When I plug in the phone to the controller, it vibrates over and over and the chose program to run keeps popping up, as well as, the “charging phone” pop up. I have tried 5 different cable combos and still can’t get the darn thing to connect consistently. It will on occasion and the happy “go fly” comes up, but it’s rare. I have researched and researched but I have not had success. Yes, I have searched this forum, as well as Sparkpilots and followed every suggestion that I could find. I have followed people’s “startup order” and still no joy. I have run startups that worked once, then never worked again when I did them the exact same way.

Phone has been factory reset and every toy app has been killed.

I have turned on USB debugging in the developers options... no help... just pop up after pop up...Airplane mode is on...

It works just fine with my IPad Pro, but I don’t want to lug it around, plus it cost significantly more than the phone. The LG V20 is on the support list, that’s WHY I bought the darn thing.

If you don’t mind.... ideas. I’m ready to throw this thing across the room....

2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DIJ Forum. We do apologize for the troubles. I'd like to ask if you already updated the firmware of your aircraft and the remote? We're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-8-20
Use props
idealhobbies1
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-20 08:44
Hi, thanks for reaching DIJ Forum. We do apologize for the troubles. I'd like to ask if you already updated the firmware of your aircraft and the remote? We're here to help you. Thank you.

Yes... all up to date with current firmware. As well as most resent Go.
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

idealhobbies1 Posted at 2018-8-20 08:48
Yes... all up to date with current firmware. As well as most resent Go.

Hi, thank you for fast response, I'd like to clarify you downloaded DJI Go or DJI Go 4? If its the GO 4 kindly connect the phone but make sure the app is launched already before turning on the remote controller.  Hope this helps. Thank you.
2018-8-20
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

did you have the correct usb connector? OTG cABle MICRO-USB B to USB-A (FEMALE)
2018-8-21
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

read https://forum.dji.com/thread-118707-1-1.html
2018-8-21
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Welcome to the forum mate
2018-8-22
Use props
djiuser_2UFzdRhbDJaW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10394 ft
  • >>>

Did you resolve this?

Same issue with V20. Sent my Mavic 2 back for a refresh after a crash. It worked great with my V20 before. Updated to Android 8.0 on 19Sep. Got my Mavic back on 20Seo. Struggled for several days with a temporary NFZ due to an airshow. Thought my intermittent connection problems were because of that. Tried different cables. Tried my Amazon Fire. Rebooted. Reloaded firmware Reloaded the app. I finally used the awkward side connector on the Fire and it worked. After that the USB connector on the bottom worked. I even got it to work with the V20, but only once. Now the V20 DJI GO app gives me a "remote controller connection problem." I think it's most probably the Android 8.0 upgrade. I'd love to know the solution.
2018-9-24
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

The problem is that the " choose program for connection" banner is flashing too fast to actually " click" on it...It has to do with the charging of the phone from the controller with the OTG connected. I have found that it "cycles" very fast on some phones and is related to the draw on the controller cycling because of battery settings on the phone. I corrected it by changing a "battery optimization" setting in the phone. You might have to dig into the battery settings to find it. This was probably added or changed after an update on the phone since I assume it did work?
2018-9-24
Use props
idealhobbies1
lvl.1
United States

Nope, I never fixed the issue. I went Apple. Absolutely NO issues at all with IOS. I hated to shell out the money, but it works.
2018-9-24
Use props
idealhobbies1
lvl.1
United States

What setting did you change? I can’t figure it out.
2018-9-24
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

I usually find it in the battery/power section of settings...Look for advanced settings or the "hamburger" icon in the upper corner ( 3 lines stacked) to open additional menus? Not sure of the exact location because LG might have its own process running a battery "optimization function" also... besides/instead of the  Android process.
2018-9-25
Use props
idealhobbies1
lvl.1
United States

No advanced options. Battery saver and exemptions are all that I get. Guess that I am using the iPad. Would love to have the phone working for portability, but looks like it’s not going to happen.
2018-9-25
Use props
Mirage711
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1206969 ft
United States

djiuser_2UFzdRhbDJaW Posted at 2018-9-24 03:20
Did you resolve this?

Same issue with V20. Sent my Mavic 2 back for a refresh after a crash. It worked great with my V20 before. Updated to Android 8.0 on 19Sep. Got my Mavic back on 20Seo. Struggled for several days with a temporary NFZ due to an airshow. Thought my intermittent connection problems were because of that. Tried different cables. Tried my Amazon Fire. Rebooted. Reloaded firmware Reloaded the app. I finally used the awkward side connector on the Fire and it worked. After that the USB connector on the bottom worked. I even got it to work with the V20, but only once. Now the V20 DJI GO app gives me a "remote controller connection problem." I think it's most probably the Android 8.0 upgrade. I'd love to know the solution.

Same problem here it is the 8.0 update I have try so many cables. It works great with my new Note 8 with 8.0 but not the LG v20.
2018-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules