New drone
1530 19 2018-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans44441017
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74403 ft
United States

Hey everyone! It’s my first time on here. I just got my drone today. I can’t wait to start using it. Any tips would be great. Thanks
2018-8-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Ignore the above post, it's spam.

Welcome to the site!

Read the manual from page 1 to the end.  Then read it again.  

Good luck
2018-8-20
Use props
Ryan Olivas
lvl.4

United States

Is that your first drone or you have a toy drone before? If it is your first drone, you might as well check for simulations for your drone. You can search the internet for those and try to practice for awhile before you actually fly your drone.
2018-8-20
Use props
Chris Di Palma 23
lvl.1
United States

Ryan Olivas Posted at 2018-8-20 18:38
Is that your first drone or you have a toy drone before? If it is your first drone, you might as well check for simulations for your drone. You can search the internet for those and try to practice for awhile before you actually fly your drone.

First drone. How is the phantom 4 pro 2.0
2018-8-20
Use props
Ryan Olivas
lvl.4

United States

Chris Di Palma 23 Posted at 2018-8-20 18:42

I've never flown that one actually. I've flown P3S, P3 and P4 (which all are not mine cause I only have tello and spark). Still I would advise you try the simulator for that drone.
2018-8-20
Use props
Chris Di Palma 23
lvl.1
United States

Ryan Olivas Posted at 2018-8-20 18:58
I've never flown that one actually. I've flown P3S, P3 and P4 (which all are not mine cause I only have tello and spark). Still I would advise you try the simulator for that drone.

Ok thanks.
2018-8-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chris Di Palma 23 Posted at 2018-8-20 18:42

Aloha Chris,

Welcome to the Forum!  Do as Mark says in Post #3.  You will be glad you did.  After reading it the first time, you will have plenty questions and know how to phrase your questions so we can help.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-20
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All good advice above. Just take it easy in a large open area. Do all your pre flight checks and importantly make sure the home point is recorded and you have enough satellites locked. Make sure your props are on correctly and the battery is locked in place. Don't take off near metal and areas of interference. Enjoy your great machine.
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello. Congratulations on getting one and thank you for choosing DJI. We highly recommend checking some tutorial videos we have on youtube and user manuals on official DJI website.
2018-8-21
Use props
Chris Di Palma 23
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-21 01:27
Hello. Congratulations on getting one and thank you for choosing DJI. We highly recommend checking some tutorial videos we have on youtube and user manuals on official DJI website.

I will do that. Thank and have a great day.
2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Chris Di Palma 23 Posted at 2018-8-21 01:32

You're welcome. You too. Have fun and have a safe flight.
2018-8-21
Use props
Airport Dog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

My tip: If you got the built in screen, make sure the controller is booted up fully before you start the bird, or they won't connect.
2018-8-21
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Welcome to the forum mate
2018-8-21
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the forum!

Here are some items you might find useful:

2018-8-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Enjoy that drone, and time well spent while in the forum...

RedHotPoker
2018-8-21
Use props
Siambuddhas Group
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft

welcome aboard ......... do always read up the manual and the dos and donts........... safety first...safe flight palz..............
2018-8-21
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft

Chris Di Palma 23 Posted at 2018-8-21 01:32

Hello, I’m pretty new as well to this forum and DJI family, I’ve flown a lot of different ac over the years but none as exspensive as these are so not sure about you but the fear of crashing said bird really keeps me on my toes . like everyone has said read read read watch the videos turtoreals (sorry can’t spell worth a poop) anyway take your time and find a very wide open area away from any water and metal buildings . And do the IMU and compass calibration and if you carry a cell phone make sure it’s in your car or away from said ac . I’m not sure if the cell phone effects all the drone compass calibrations but it does bother the V2.0 . Put it in beginner mode for a while unless you’ve got the experience already.. I flew my bird a couple days before I moved on to the P mode. If ya have blade guards use them. I have a very wooded back yard with over 350 cherry trees and it’s fun as hell to maneuver around said trees.... not saying you should try that just saying if ya got them use them
2018-8-21
Use props
GaryNash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

read the manual cover to cover... go and watch plenty of "setup and first flight" vids on you tube …. you have the drone now dont rush yourself..... enjoy ….
2018-8-21
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-21 10:48
Hello, I’m pretty new as well to this forum and DJI family, I’ve flown a lot of different ac over the years but none as exspensive as these are so not sure about you but the fear of crashing said bird really keeps me on my toes . like everyone has said read read read watch the videos turtoreals (sorry can’t spell worth a poop) anyway take your time and find a very wide open area away from any water and metal buildings . And do the IMU and compass calibration and if you carry a cell phone make sure it’s in your car or away from said ac . I’m not sure if the cell phone effects all the drone compass calibrations but it does bother the V2.0 . Put it in beginner mode for a while unless you’ve got the experience already.. I flew my bird a couple days before I moved on to the P mode. If ya have blade guards use them. I have a very wooded back yard with over 350 cherry trees and it’s fun as hell to maneuver around said trees.... not saying you should try that just saying if ya got them use them

Sorry pushed the wrong button before I ended my novel.lol. Have fun and if you need any help this forum is full of nice peeps that are very helpful... take care ttul and keep the sun on your back.
2018-8-21
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531640 ft
Singapore

Enjoy and like others told read the manual good and watch the DJI tutorials besides of that on youtube there are lots of other extra great tutorials on practicing flying a drone.

Have fun and safe flying
2018-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules