New P4P V2.0 WOW !
1760 21 2018-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft

Hello everyone ! So I bought me the new P4P V2.0 and I have to say this ac is amazing right from the box wow.... The firmware update went smooth but I did have a issue with the battery moving just enough to set off the warning but thanks to this forum and all that replied that has gone away and this bird so far is doing a awesome job. I’m so happy with this ac I could kick the dog and slap the cat.... lol. I would never do that I love my critters... I work so much I’ve yet to have time to go anywhere and take some pics and or videos . I have a few of my neighborhood but that’s it. I am disappointed with the battery life as it clearly states 30 min flight time . I do understand that’s in perfect flying conditions but I get less then 15 mins and most of that is hovering with NO wind and maybe 200 feet from home point , over my cherry orchard . Any ideas anyone ? Thanks again for reading my what should have been a simple question turned into a short story. Lol ... ttul...
2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. For the battery life, the 30 mins flight time is only the approximate time. It will still depend on how you will use the aircraft. As for the home point, if you think that it drains your battery, you can manually return the aircraft.
2018-8-21
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glad you are enjoying your new Phantom. I certainly do not get 30 mins, but get around 24 minutes.
2018-8-21
Use props
P4P+_Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

Yes, it is a great drone , I get around 25min flying.
2018-8-21
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

At what percentage do you stop?
2018-8-21
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

Mullheliflier Posted at 2018-8-21 02:59
Glad you are enjoying your new Phantom. I certainly do not get 30 mins, but get around 24 minutes.

I’ve had it for 4 days now and on the first day I basically hovered and moved around the back yard until battery warning went on. 16 mins, no wind what so ever and did not get over 30 feet high or more then 50 feet from me. Charged the battery flew it again 15 mins same place and this time 90% hover while I was messing with camera settings. Yesterday I got 12 mins... I kind of think the battery is no good well maybe it’s good but something is wrong . I have another battery same size just older and I get 20 to 26 mins all day everyday.. this battery has 3 charges on it and 15 mins... just thinking. But all in all I’m very happy with this bird. VERY !
2018-8-21
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-21 03:16
I’ve had it for 4 days now and on the first day I basically hovered and moved around the back yard until battery warning went on. 16 mins, no wind what so ever and did not get over 30 feet high or more then 50 feet from me. Charged the battery flew it again 15 mins same place and this time 90% hover while I was messing with camera settings. Yesterday I got 12 mins... I kind of think the battery is no good well maybe it’s good but something is wrong . I have another battery same size just older and I get 20 to 26 mins all day everyday.. this battery has 3 charges on it and 15 mins... just thinking. But all in all I’m very happy with this bird. VERY !

I would check the cell voltages and see if maybe one is out. I would be thinking about returning it and asking for a replacement.
2018-8-21
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mullheliflier Posted at 2018-8-21 04:45
I would check the cell voltages and see if maybe one is out. I would be thinking about returning it and asking for a replacement.

Brand New Lithium Batteries take a few cycles to come into their full capacity.

Give them some love, and land at or near 25 to 30%....let them cool completely before recharging.

After 3 to 5 cycles they should be giving you about 22 to 27 min flight time down to about 20%

ALWAYS FLY FULLY CHARGED BATTERIES.......Once you learn more about the systems and how to monitor your cells in your battery...then you might try staying in close and low with short term partially charged batteries.  Read up on this subject to come to your own conclusion

Randy
2018-8-21
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

I’ve had it for 4 days now and on the first day I basically hovered and moved around the back yard until battery warning went on. 16 mins, no wind what so ever and did not get over 30 feet high or more then 50 feet from me. Charged the battery flew it again 15 mins same place and this time 90% hover while I was messing with camera settings. Yesterday I got 12 mins... I kind of think the battery is no good well maybe it’s good but something is wrong . I have another battery same size just older and I get 20 to 26 mins all day everyday.. this battery has 3 charges on it and 15 mins... just thinking. But all in all I’m very happy with this bird. VERY !

If you are worried about the battery, you could upload a flight log to: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/upload/   (instructions on the page)
and give us a link to the page.  Then we can see what is actually happening and give advice...
2018-8-21
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mullheliflier Posted at 2018-8-21 02:59

No one does. If you turn it on and never take off you might get 30
2018-8-21
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531640 ft
Singapore

Enjoy your new AC

Happy and safe flying
2018-8-21
Use props
KarmaMechanic
lvl.1

You may want to check the noted mAh on the side of the battery, I've seen a few listings where a lower capacity battery like those of the original Phantom 4 was included with one of the newer models of Phantom 4. Out of curiosity what model device are you using to run the DJI GO 4 app?
2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. I would like to clarify, may I know where did you purchase your drone? Thanks.
2018-8-22
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-8-21 10:51
Brand New Lithium Batteries take a few cycles to come into their full capacity.

Give them some love, and land at or near 25 to 30%....let them cool completely before recharging.

Thanks Randy and you are right ! It seems that after a few drains and charges . I know get better time.  i have the critical at 10% and warning at 20% . should i change it to 20 and 30 ?
2018-8-23
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Split the diff....... 15%  and initial at 25%

That way if you are in mission.....you can feel safe going below 25%.....complete what you are doing, then head home.

IMHO you should be landing at Home Point near 25%   MOST of the time.

Randy
2018-8-23
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-8-23 08:34

That way if you are in mission.....you can feel safe going below 25%.....complete what you are doing, then head home.

Thanks you are a world of info and help... I will do just that... DJI has just informed me that my 3 week old P4 I bought from them is now repaired and on its way to me via ups. So now I will have 2 DJI drones. 1 P4 and 1 P4P V2.0 ...lmao... I started this quest not being able to afford much of anything and now I’m drone rich. Lol... I’m curious to see how the repair went because in the repair log pics they sent me nothing was mentioned about the VPS error issues that started this whole mess. They said they replaced the RC and broken charger cord . That’s awesome... I’m sure hoping they tested it out by flying it because that’s when it shows the downward sensor error message... anyway thanks again for sharing your wisdom with this newbe type old guy. Ttul!
2018-8-23
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-8-23 08:34

Thanks you are a world of info and help... I will do just that... DJI has just informed me that my 3 week old P4 I bought from them is now repaired and on its way to me via ups. So now I will have 2 DJI drones. 1 P4 and 1 P4P V2.0 ...lmao... I started this quest not being able to afford much of anything and now I’m drone rich. Lol... I’m curious to see how the repair went because in the repair log pics they sent me nothing was mentioned about the VPS error issues that started this whole mess. They said they replaced the RC and broken charger cord . That’s awesome... I’m sure hoping they tested it out by flying it because that’s when it shows the downward sensor error message... anyway thanks again for sharing your wisdom with this newbe type old guy. Ttul!
2018-8-23
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Forgot to mention....... If you start a flight with less than a fully charged battery......your percentage reading will be incorrect, and this can get you in BIG trouble.

Starting with a fully charged battery, jot down the cell readings at 100%,  80%,  60%,  40%,  and 25%

Once you know what these are......you can be in flight, see a reading of 35% and know your cells should be around 3.75 to 3.8vdc per cell

If your percentage reads 40% and your cells are reading 3.45vdc then you need to land immediately!!!   That's when someone posts and says I LOST MY DRONE, 40% to zero% in 2 seconds!!!

Randy
2018-8-23
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
United States

KarmaMechanic Posted at 2018-8-22 13:05
You may want to check the noted mAh on the side of the battery, I've seen a few listings where a lower capacity battery like those of the original Phantom 4 was included with one of the newer models of Phantom 4. Out of curiosity what model device are you using to run the DJI GO 4 app?

Mini Ipad 9.7 . new one and it is a dedicated ipad only used for my dji.
2018-8-24
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-8-23 14:00
Forgot to mention....... If you start a flight with less than a fully charged battery......your percentage reading will be incorrect, and this can get you in BIG trouble.

Starting with a fully charged battery, jot down the cell readings at 100%,  80%,  60%,  40%,  and 25%

Thanks again Randy.. I guess i need to invest in a log book of some kind.. I've been kicking the idea around now for a few days but haven't really found anything that fits the bill right just yet.. Have any ideas on what type of book and where a guy can acquire one.?  
2018-8-24
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-24 04:04
Thanks again Randy.. I guess i need to invest in a log book of some kind.. I've been kicking the idea around now for a few days but haven't really found anything that fits the bill right just yet.. Have any ideas on what type of book and where a guy can acquire one.?

Sure

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works for me,  as detailed or not as you see fit.

Randy
2018-8-24
Use props
djiuser_xjJWyqAQ2HAO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33343 ft
United States

Hovering actually eats more battery than level steady flight
2022-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now