battery will not turn on.
923 21 2018-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bill jackson
lvl.1

United States

when turning on the battery. the lights act normal and when I let off the button when all the green lights come on. They stay lit for a second then goes to 1 green light then it goes out.
when charging...each gren light comes on one at a time till all green and the red light comes on then all lights go off.

any ideas ???

2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there. thank you for reaching out and sorry for some inconvenience. Regarding that may I ask if you are doing correctly the pressing combo like one press release then hold for sec of time then when lit up release. however, can you provide some quick video of the issue for better visualization? Thanks!
2018-8-21
Use props
bill jackson
lvl.1

United States

yes...push once the 2nd time holding. hope this vid loads

2018-8-21
Use props
bill jackson
lvl.1

United States

2018-8-21
Use props
WD9EON
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Has the battery been stored for a long period?
2018-8-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

2018-8-21
Use props
bill jackson
lvl.1

United States

yes that's how I turn it on.  except after I let go this time. the lights go to 1 green light and go off completely.

when charging the lights blink 1 at a time until all are lit the go off. repeats 5 to 10 seconds later.

Trying to load video
2018-8-21
Use props
bill jackson
lvl.1

United States

will not let me load the video
2018-8-21
Use props
bill jackson
lvl.1

United States

I haven't flown it for 3 months but flew it the other day. drained battery to 20% flying it and charged the battery after cooling it off
2018-8-21
Use props
bill jackson
lvl.1

United States

when I went to charge it is when the lights started acting up
2018-8-21
Use props
bill jackson
lvl.1

United States

2018-8-21
Use props
WD9EON
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

bill jackson Posted at 2018-8-21 14:39
when I went to charge it is when the lights started acting up

Try hooking to the charger and turning the battery on, according to some, you may have to do this repeatedly until it starts charging.   Just watched a youtube video showing this.  Good luck.
2018-8-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

bill jackson Posted at 2018-8-21 14:31
will not let me load the video

You can't load video clips to this site. Put them up on YouTube, then post a link to the YouTube clip.
2018-8-21
Use props
bill jackson
lvl.1

United States

this one is while its charging
2018-8-21
Use props
bill jackson
lvl.1

United States

this one is when trying to turn it on

thx for helping
2018-8-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Maybe this will help

https://phantompilots.com/thread ... hybernation.137933/
2018-8-21
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Nice to see my Hibernation text again !!

I'm a little confused though by why show the battery being IN the AC when he's switching on ... Post 15. If you keep dping that - the battery obviosuly pushed down into such low charge level - it WILL shut off to protect itself.Get it OUT of the AC ... plug in charger and leave it alone !! Don't mess about with pressing buttons etc.

Why ?

Nigel
2018-8-22
Use props
bill jackson
lvl.1

United States

I put the battery in the AC for an extra hand to hold the battery so I could film it with one hand and try to turn on with the other.

Im trying the ……..turn on....let sit for 5 minutes and plugging it in and letting it sit on the charger till something happens.

what can I expect to happen when it wakes up ?
2018-8-22
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

It will just start LED's ...

The trick is to resist the temptation to touch it ... leave it well alone ... don't touch that button at all .... it may take an hour ... it may take all day ... leave it alone !! If it does not wake up after a day on charge ... then most likely its ***** ! Other than opening up the pack and force charging it .... NOT a job for anyone who is not au fai with LiPo's ... I don't think there is much can be done.

Note : DJI batterys are designed to not power up if voltage drops to 3V or lower per cell ... its a safeguard mechanism. The only way to get the battery up then is an original DJI charger plugged into it.

Nigel
2018-8-22
Use props
bill jackson
lvl.1

United States

after plugging it in . The lights started blinking just like in post 14 of this thread. is this what it should e doing ?
2018-8-22
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

Charging battery is nearly  a waiting time.  Nothing more and nothing less. Do not disturb that process.
2018-8-22
Use props
bill jackson
lvl.1

United States

well after 24 hours of not touching the battery on the charger nothing has changed. lights still blinking like in post 14 of this thread.
2018-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules