Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why does my video quality look poor...
1740 21 2018-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
itslimits
lvl.1

United Kingdom

My videos from my drone looks so grainy and awful, message me on instagram so i can show you and we can talk about it - @dylclarkephotography
2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask if this file is on the SD card or cache file only? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2018-8-21
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I would rather suggest you read the manual of your aircraft (which one is it?) and use the original footage that is stored on the SD card of your aircraft and not the cached pictures or videos on your mobile device. No matter which DJI drone you own, it is a highly sophisticated piece of technology that you have to invest some time for to really learn about all of its capabilities. No offense intended!
2018-8-21
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Many of the people here that could offer you some insight do not have IG.. how about using this thread.......
2018-8-21
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Might put one of the videos up on YouTube and paste a link here. Also tell us which drone you have and I'm sure folks will point you to some tutorials on how to set up your drone's video settings for better quality.
2018-8-21
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.3

nice try. get views on your social media some other way.
2018-8-21
Use props
DJKOR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2035676 ft
Australia

LordoftheFlies Posted at 2018-8-21 19:14
nice try. get views on your social media some other way.

With an Instagram profile stating:

Canon80D//Mavic Pro
Photographer
Videographer
Editor

I'm not sure my amateur advice is going to be of any use.
2018-8-21
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why not have conversation on here eh? Post some examples of the issue you are having. Nothing personal but you claim you are a photographer and videographer. Grain and noise are something you really should know all about. Just because you own the kit, doesnt mean you have the skills. What I'm trying to say is, I own a spanner, I can use the spanner. That doesn't make me a mechanic!
2018-8-22
Use props
Atlas_Aus
lvl.4

Thailand

DJKOR Posted at 2018-8-21 20:35
With an Instagram profile stating:

Canon80D//Mavic Pro

hahahahahah
2018-8-22
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

nice try. get views on your social media some other way.

I was thinking the same
2018-8-22
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

You'll need to post some pictures here to get some guidance.  You need to provide lots of info about your equipment, software, firmware, settings, etc.  Otherwise none of us are going to head to your social media account.  We'd rather share our knowledge here.... with other like minded pilots and photographers.
2018-8-22
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

click bait much...
2018-8-22
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

nice try. get views on your social media some other way.

Agree.  
Share it here if you want help from this forum.
2018-8-22
Use props
itslimits
lvl.1

hello to everyone... no, I'm not trying to promote, I just don't use this forum I thought id ask for some advice, but my instagram is the only real social media i use. I couldn't care less if you guys don't look at it but I was asking some advice. i use a mavic pro, my SD card is SanDisk Extreme plus 64GB. i honestly forgot i posed to it on here so sorry for not getting back to you guys.

Also to the guy saying "you may have the gear but not the skill" im currently studying at university so yes I'm learning, yes I'm an amateur, however, I do have basic knowledge but I am a newish drone owner. i simply asked why the footage was grainy (which i would imagine would be due to the wrong camera settings) so was looking for some tips on the picture profile...

Anyway, lordofthefiles sorry I'm new to the forums just thought it would be easier to speak on... I'm on the latest firmware using a Mavic pro (first one) I've been using +1,0,0 and shooting in D-Log I hope this is enough information...

i apologies for not using the thread
2018-8-24
Use props
itslimits
lvl.1

I meant WebParrot***
2018-8-24
Use props
itslimits
lvl.1

anyway, thank you all for your replies, positive and negative.
2018-8-24
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

There is a little "problem" with sharpness and Grain with the MP. DJI have "included" the NR function in the sharpness setting somehow.

Try to shot in D-Cinelike +1 -1 -1 (Style) and compare the difference.  Post the links to the movies here then you will most likely get some more help

good luck
2018-8-24
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-8-22 02:03
Why not have conversation on here eh? Post some examples of the issue you are having. Nothing personal but you claim you are a photographer and videographer. Grain and noise are something you really should know all about. Just because you own the kit, doesnt mean you have the skills. What I'm trying to say is, I own a spanner, I can use the spanner. That doesn't make me a mechanic!

OOOOOH......Where's me handbag. Cutting assassination Sir with a point to boot.
2018-8-25
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Details are needed.  What was the ISO setting?  Manual or auto exposure? What were the light levels.

Obviously you ARE aware that D-Log footage is a deliberately flat curve so will need post processing?  It'll come out of the camera looking poor by default as thats the purpose of it.

2018-8-25
Use props
itslimits
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Flybee Posted at 2018-8-24 23:33
There is a little "problem" with sharpness and Grain with the MP. DJI have "included" the NR function in the sharpness setting somehow.

Try to shot in D-Cinelike +1 -1 -1 (Style) and compare the difference.  Post the links to the movies here then you will most likely get some more help

thank you man for actually providing advice
2018-8-25
Use props
itslimits
lvl.1

gnirtS Posted at 2018-8-25 02:20
Details are needed.  What was the ISO setting?  Manual or auto exposure? What were the light levels.

Obviously you ARE aware that D-Log footage is a deliberately flat curve so will need post processing?  It'll come out of the camera looking poor by default as thats the purpose of it.

manual exposure, i kept to the 180 degree rule, i shot 4K 24fps so shutter was 1/60th ISO was 100

its just like the top of houses or anything with lines on them look weird to the Eye. Unfortunately, I don't have the footage anymore
2018-8-25
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

itslimits Posted at 2018-8-25 05:19
thank you man for actually providing advice

You are welcome.

People here are in general really helpful, so pls feel free to ask any questions.
2018-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules