Skipping spark and more!
810 9 2018-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_RpETiBIHbySh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157995 ft

Refreshed and updated the firmware to most recent per conversation with tech support. Still experiencing take off issues and hopping issues. Will not hover at correct altitude. Ascends and descends automatically. When landing, it hovers over the ground and descends by milimeters. Its really annoying. Its takes forever to land. On average 30 to 50 seconds from a height of less than 12 inches. I know theres a bunch of you guys out there having the same exact issues.
2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. Did you calibrate the IMU and compass? I would recommend checking the GPS signal if it's strong enough before taking off the aircraft. Would it be possible if you can provide a short video of this issue for further help? You can use google drive or dropbox then provide the link here. Thank you. Please let us know for further help.
2018-8-21
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Do you have a Video of it?  
2018-8-21
Use props
LIk LIk Balus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326204 ft
Australia

I’ve had similar issues with my Spark although 3D sensor is only going offline during landing when it gets to a couple inches above the ground in the landing mode, results in a bumpy landing all the time.

I’ve re-calibrated the IMU and I always calibrate the compass every time before the first flight of the day, sortie or if I move location significantly.

My fault just happened after I got a random 3D sensor error in flight we’ll clear if the ground and any obstacles. Sensor come back on line although it always fails in the landing mode. Put my hand below it in a he hover, it responds correctly by going up.

I believe my problem is a software glitch. I’m currently remote with limited IT access, once I get back home later this week I’m going to reinstall the firmware, Go APP 4 and reset the factory settings.
2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

LIk LIk Balus Posted at 2018-8-21 17:34
I’ve had similar issues with my Spark although 3D sensor is only going offline during landing when it gets to a couple inches above the ground in the landing mode, results in a bumpy landing all the time.

I’ve re-calibrated the IMU and I always calibrate the compass every time before the first flight of the day, sortie or if I move location significantly.

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. Please let us know on the latest progress for further help. I would recommend checking the GPS signal before taking off the aircraft to see if the issue will persist. Thank you.
2018-8-22
Use props
Glhs958
Second Officer
Flight distance : 753130 ft
  • >>>
United States

It seems to me every time one of my sparks starts doing the drift and erratic up down movements, as one did yesterday. their was a Kp index of 3 to 4 with a lot of gps interference. Quickly land and put spark away for another day. Today Kp index is alot lower and spark again flys like it never knew what happen the day before smooth and consistent.
2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Glhs958 Posted at 2018-8-22 17:32
It seems to me every time one of my sparks starts doing the drift and erratic up down movements, as one did yesterday. their was a Kp index of 3 to 4 with a lot of gps interference. Quickly land and put spark away for another day. Today Kp index is alot lower and spark again flys like it never knew what happen the day before smooth and consistent.

Hi, sorry for the late response. Would it be possible if you can provide a short video of this issue? You can use google drive or dropbox then provide the link here for a further check. Thank you
2018-8-23
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-23 09:47
Hi, sorry for the late response. Would it be possible if you can provide a short video of this issue? You can use google drive or dropbox then provide the link here for a further check. Thank you

Hi Tony,

Video of the jumpy SPARK.  All on latest firmware updates. i notice that the 3d obstacle sensor is not working .. No idea why ? it was working correctly on the previous firware.

2018-8-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

S.J Posted at 2018-8-23 11:29
Hi Tony,

Video of the jumpy SPARK.  All on latest firmware updates. i notice that the 3d obstacle sensor is not working .. No idea why ? it was working correctly on the previous firware.

Hi there, I'm sorry but we cannot play the video provided. Please upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thank you for your support.
2018-8-23
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-23 14:07
Hi there, I'm sorry but we cannot play the video provided. Please upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thank you for your support.

try again the same video. it should work.
2018-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules