o(^-^)o
hjf
lvl.1

United States

I have downloaded and installed:
DJI_WIN_Dirver_Installer.exe
Phantom_2_Installer_v3.8.exe
RC_System_Installer_v1.2.exe
FC200_firmware_v1.3.0g.zip  (unzipped, renamed, and loaded onto the micro SD in the P2V+)

I've read the readme.txt files and watched a few tutorials, but everything seems to assume that things should occur that simply aren't happening for me.  My Assistant software just doesn't seem to be connecting to my controller.  I'm not seeing any of the upgrades in my upgrade screen; and if I try to do anything, it tells me I need to connect to my controller.  I don't get it.  I've tried connection with the USB cable and WiFi, but the PC is just not communicating with the controller.

FWIW, when I open the Assistant software, I'm getting a splash screen where nothing happens, but there's an option to "Skip-->".  I'm thinking there's something missing there ot that the software installation isn't complete.

Clearly I'm overlooking something.  I've started at square one on ever instruction I've found; but if my PC doesn't see the controller, I can't do anything else.  Help?

2015-5-27
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Watch this video:

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-5-27
Use props
hjf
lvl.1

United States

That's great, but I only get 2 minutes into it before running into the same issue.  The video shows a nice screen from the Assistant; but I don't get that, so anything after that doesn't help.  I'm strongly leaning toward my software not installing correctly.  See the attached image.  I moved my Vision Assistant desktop item next to the splash screen that I get when Assistant opens.  If I do not click on "Skip-->", nothing else happens.  If I do click on Skip, Assistant opens, but it has no connectivity to the controller.  The little Windows shield on  the desktop icon makes me think there's an issue with the installation.
DJIsplash.jpg
2015-5-27
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Try another USB cable first.
2015-5-27
Use props
BazzaVMC
lvl.2

Australia

Have you first connected the Phantom to your PC/Laptop, opened the Phantom assistant, updated your Phantom and while still connected to the Phantom via USB done a transmitter calibration under; Basic > RC > Start?
Have you made sure to turn on the transmitter in both cases of Phantom and RC assistant?

I haven't used the RC assistant, because I done what is said in the below video and a manual calibration according to Gerry's post in this thread... (although it was done mainly due to a laggy gimbal)
http://forum.dji.com/thread-1496-1-4.html

Here's the video I went by to fully calibrate my Phantom and transmitter, everything just fell into place from there...
2015-5-27
Use props
heritage
New

United Kingdom

I had exactly the same problem...

My solution was daft - but worked.  Remove the usb cable - but plug it into the plane.  THEN plug into the computer.  Do NOT plug into the computer and THEN into the plane - it will never work.

Only took about three hours - this is a DJI software problem - as always.

:-)
2015-5-28
Use props
heritage
New

United Kingdom

But I forgot to add that I now have the black screen of death on my iphone, and the drone loses comms constantly, so is now unusable.  I think DJI need to go back to the drawing board.
2015-5-28
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

FYI, in case anyone else comes across this thread

Plug in the controller does not mean plug the lead into the thing with the silver sticks, it means plug it into the quad, DJI refer to the IMU (Naza unit ) as the main controller.

As for plugging it into the plane then the PC, with a USB device it doesnt matter which end is plugged in first.
2015-5-28
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

USB Port on Phantom for connecting to assistant software. I have heard of users trying to connect via the port on the Vision gimbal. Also need to make sure you have the DJIwin driver installed on the PC. If it doesnt connect with the Phantom powered on, check the device manager for unknown USB devices. Uninstall the DJIwin driver and reinstall.
USB_Port.jpg
2015-5-28
Use props
heritage
New

United Kingdom

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-5-28 23:29
FYI, in case anyone else comes across this thread

Plug in the controller does not mean plug the lea ...

Agree - but in this case - it really DOES matter which end you plug in when.  I repeatedly plugged into the plane, and got no response.  As soon as I unplugged and plugged it in to the computer end - bingo!  I run a software development company amongst other things - I can't explain it - but it works.  
2015-5-28
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Well color me silver and call me tonto, ive never come across a USB device that matters which end you plug in first, and ive owned cameras, scanners, webcams etc etc but then this is a DJI device which prbably explains it all
2015-5-28
Use props
peter.p.marshal
lvl.1

Canada

Had the same problem.  Partially fixed by downloading the driver from the "Downloads" page but only have about half of the functions fully operational in the Assistant.

2015-7-21
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Your correct about USB, should. Ot make any difference which end is first or last. It's an electrical connection and when it see that connection made it responds. Some issues have been with the Windows USB driver. Have had a few users that had to remove the USB driver from Windows devices and let it reload. Then it worked. Others have been the DJI windows driver. Other had had to use another USB port on the PC. Some ports are 2.0 and some newer are 3.0 ports. Older PC can have  1.x port. Use 2.0 if you can tell the difference. If not just swap the plug around. Worth a try.
2015-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules