Gimbal off center
3813 10 2018-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft

Hello it’s me again.lol. So my new P4P V2.0 has a little issue it seems.... every time I power up my ac the camera gimbal is pointing to the left if your facing the ac . I calibrate it and center it and it’s fine but the very next time I power it up the same thing happens. Any ideas???
2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello there, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. May I know if the firmware of your drone is updated to the latest version? Also, may I know what calibration did you do?
2018-8-21
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-21 15:28
Hello there, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. May I know if the firmware of your drone is updated to the latest version? Also, may I know what calibration did you do?

The latest firmware that was offered or implied when I first powered up my bird 4 days ago brand new from Bestbuy store and calibration was the camera gimbal calibration that’s offered on DJI 4 app
2018-8-21
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-21 15:28

My bad it points to the right as you face the camera.
2018-8-21
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

Well I think I see why it’s off center... when it’s off (no battery in it) if you gently move gimbal left then right the gimbal travels farther to the right then left and the center point between them is excatly where it is when you power it up.
2018-8-21
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-21 16:04
Well I think I see why it’s off center... when it’s off (no battery in it) if you gently move gimbal left then right the gimbal travels farther to the right then left and the center point between them is excatly where it is when you power it up.

It doesn’t hurt anything other then when flying forward it seems like it’s not flying straight . Other then that it’s been flawless flying wise 100% better then the P4 I just sent back to you. So should I take it back to where I purchased it for a exchange or keep it and deal with it.... I guess that last question is for my fellow DJI fliers out there.???
2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-21 15:50
The latest firmware that was offered or implied when I first powered up my bird 4 days ago brand new from Bestbuy store and calibration was the camera gimbal calibration that’s offered on DJI 4 app

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Can you please provide us a short video showing the issue you encountering right now. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thank you.
2018-8-22
Use props
goldenorfephoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3405390 ft
United Kingdom

as mentioned above , with power off , gently turn the base of gimbal in the opposite direction until you feel the stop , then gently push against the stop several times to straighten the rubber bush inside the drone base .

and I mean Gently !  no force required
2018-8-22
Use props
onehungrydog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 610164 ft
United States

goldenorfephoto Posted at 2018-8-22 13:00
as mentioned above , with power off , gently turn the base of gimbal in the opposite direction until you feel the stop , then gently push against the stop several times to straighten the rubber bush inside the drone base .

and I mean Gently !  no force required

I am having this issue, is this really the only solution? I have tried it a few times and it works temporarily, but is there a better fix? Is this  warranty issue?
2019-2-14
Use props
goldenorfephoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3405390 ft
United Kingdom

onehungrydog Posted at 2-14 19:13
I am having this issue, is this really the only solution? I have tried it a few times and it works temporarily, but is there a better fix? Is this  warranty issue?

I had to do it a few times before it stayed in place ,  but been ok for last year now.     there is a rubber bush inside above the gimbal and it turns/twists in transit.  just needs to be turned/twisted back into position .      
2019-2-15
Use props
onehungrydog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 610164 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-22 08:23
Hi, sorry for the late reply. Can you please provide us a short video showing the issue you encountering right now. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thank you.

Surely, there must be a better fix? I've tried the stated solution several times with only temporary results.
2019-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules