Spark doesn‘t work after update
1254 23 2018-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wis.mar08
lvl.1
Germany

Hello,

my English is not the best, so forgive me if I do not write everything correctly.
I recently tried to update my Spark. There were apparently a few problems. The result is that the drone does not light up when it is switched on and the fan does not run.  A connection via WiFi or Assistant 2 is not possible. Is there any way to save the drone?

Thanks

2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, Sorry to hear about this. Just to clarify, have you tried to charge your Spark?
2018-8-21
Use props
wis.mar08
lvl.1

Hey,

yes, the battery is fully charged and I have tested another. The Spark can be switched on. But you only hear a soft click. After a while the drone gets very warm.
2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

wis.mar08 Posted at 2018-8-22 02:11
Hey,

yes, the battery is fully charged and I have tested another. The Spark can be switched on. But you only hear a soft click. After a while the drone gets very warm.

Sorry for the trouble. If it is convenient for you, can you provide a short video showing the issue so that we can check it on our end? You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thanks for your support.
2018-8-22
Use props
wis.mar08
lvl.1
Germany

Here is a video:

https://drive.google.com/open?id ... ZIh-KAdtmghCJZI2Ik8
2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

wis.mar08 Posted at 2018-8-22 10:46
Here is a video:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KD0fwK3IlHDGgZIh-KAdtmghCJZI2Ik8

Hi, sorry for the late response. May I know if you can still locate the Wi-Fi of your aircraft? If yes, try to connect your phone directly to the aircraft then check if there's an error message on the DJI GO 4 app. Thank you.
2018-8-22
Use props
wis.mar08
lvl.1
Germany

The drone does not send a WiFi signal. Reset of it doesen't work, too.
2018-8-22
Use props
wis.mar08
lvl.1
Germany

One thing: I can not chage the battery, when it is plugged in the drone. I can only charge it with my external charger. But the cable is not broken, because I can charge my RC with it. And, when I connect my drone with the Mac, I see the SD-Card in the Finder.
2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

wis.mar08 Posted at 2018-8-22 13:38
One thing: I can not chage the battery, when it is plugged in the drone. I can only charge it with my external charger. But the cable is not broken, because I can charge my RC with it. And, when I connect my drone with the Mac, I see the SD-Card in the Finder.

Hi, sorry for the late response. I would recommend sending the unit to our repair facility for further evaluation. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-23
Use props
wis.mar08
lvl.1
Germany

OK. Thank you. I will try.
2018-8-23
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

wis.mar08 Posted at 2018-8-23 14:49
OK. Thank you. I will try.

The drone does not start becos ur hand is still on the AC power button while it starts !!
2018-8-23
Use props
wis.mar08
lvl.1
Germany

No but thanks. My finger leave the button. You can't see it in the video.
2018-8-23
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

send the video again without your hands on the power button.
2018-8-23
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

I think you turn it of waaay to fast, what if you let it sit dor 20-30 seconds.?
See of it as a computer, if you turn it on and off that fast everytime, the boot up ærocess os going to be fuXXX sooner or later. Let it do its thing before any other actions
2018-8-23
Use props
wis.mar08
lvl.1
Germany

Here is another video:

https://drive.google.com/open?id ... SUGzRj8sz5fdBh-1_tc
2018-8-27
Use props
Jose98
lvl.1

wis.mar08 Posted at 2018-8-27 10:01
Here is another video:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Amg-z-tLTV-m8SUGzRj8sz5fdBh-1_tc

I can connect my drone in the DJI Assistant 2 when running it in administrator mode
2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

wis.mar08 Posted at 2018-8-27 10:01
Here is another video:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Amg-z-tLTV-m8SUGzRj8sz5fdBh-1_tc

Hi, Sorry for the late response. If the issue will persist. Please see the address for you to reach out to our support team for further help. Please hit "Reply" in any case you need our assistance. Thank you.

support.de@dji.com
2018-8-27
Use props
GrahamZA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63556 ft
South Africa

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-22 11:33
Hi, sorry for the late response. May I know if you can still locate the Wi-Fi of your aircraft? If yes, try to connect your phone directly to the aircraft then check if there's an error message on the DJI GO 4 app. Thank you.

Hi,

I am having the same issue, however, I can still connect via wifi and see the camera view only. No take-off or gimbal control possible. gets very hot due to the fan not spinning.

I have tried to refresh the .1000 software numerous times now with no success. It runs up to 73% then fails. I have also tried to restore it to factory settings.

Any advice?
2018-10-24
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

GrahamZA Posted at 2018-10-24 01:20
Hi,

I am having the same issue, however, I can still connect via wifi and see the camera view only. No take-off or gimbal control possible. gets very hot due to the fan not spinning.

Jupp.. make a service ticket and have it fixed by DJI ..
2018-10-24
Use props
GrahamZA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63556 ft
South Africa

wimherman Posted at 2018-10-24 01:34
Jupp.. make a service ticket and have it fixed by DJI ..

It's out of the warranty period already. I would rather can it than pay all that money for something that was caused by a firmware update.
2018-10-24
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Seems like your drone might be bricked. Open a ticket with DJI at www.dji.com/support.
2018-10-24
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe i am miss-remembering but i believe this behaviour can also be linked to a short in the drone, doesn't seem like that in your case as it happened right after a firmware update. That's the trouble with out of warranty cases, even an update and you need to pay. Best case its your core board+labour, that's about 230 Euros(260 if your charged freight), worst case it might be more than the drone.
2018-10-24
Use props
wis.mar08
lvl.1
Germany

Sorry for the late response. The drone has already been repaired by DJI for free. The motherboard was broken. Thanks to all.
2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

GrahamZA Posted at 2018-10-24 01:20
Hi,

I am having the same issue, however, I can still connect via wifi and see the camera view only. No take-off or gimbal control possible. gets very hot due to the fan not spinning.

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. May I know if the drone is still producing a live feed? When did you encounter this issue? Would it be possible if you can provide as well a short video regarding this concern? You can use google drive or dropbox then provide the link here. Please keep us posted. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules