Mavic Pro Gimbal Motor overload - should I return it for repair
802 2 2018-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GC David
lvl.1
Australia

Hi all.

My Mavic Pro has been operating fine but when starting it up a few days ago, the camera was jumping all over the place. It was unable to be controlled by the remote and I was getting a Gimbal Motor Overload error.

I have checked and rechecked and I can't see any damaged ribbons and everything seems to be in the correct place plus I haven't crashed it.

I tried everything that DJI Support said to do including the following:

• I connected to DJI Assistant 2 and updated the firmware
  • I restored to defaults ettings
  • I tried multiple times to recalibrate the IMU but it gets stuck on stage 2 of 5
  • I tried to recalibrate the gimbal but it sits at 5% for a whle before saying it failed

I completed a repair request and DJI have sent me a shipping label but before I send it off, are there any other tips on what might get it working properly?

Thanks.
2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi David, sorry for the troubles with the gimbal, if you are sure the gimbal vibration absorbing board is mounted properly but the issue persists, the drone will need to be sent in for evaluation.
Here is the tutorial video of preflight checklist for your reference.
2018-8-22
Use props
MikeKnowles
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110843 ft
United States

Hey GC David, I have the same bird and the same problem!  Did you get it fixed?  What was the issue and what did you have to do?
2019-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules