Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
TB50 - all 4 LED flashing simultaneously
3358 7 2018-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MILVUS_M
lvl.4

Germany

Hi there.

Right now two of my TB50 batteries are being charged. On one of them the LEDs are flashing like they are supposed to, showing how much the battery is charged. But on the other one all 4 LEDs are flashing simultaneously (see video).

Can someone please tell why it is doing that?

Thanks

Cheers

2018-8-22
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What happens when you put the affected battery into the charging hub? Does the charging hub indicate errors on the builtin LED?
2018-8-22
Use props
MILVUS_M
lvl.4

Germany

Keule Posted at 2018-8-22 01:11
What happens when you put the affected battery into the charging hub? Does the charging hub indicate errors on the builtin LED?

Can't check that, because the original DJI charger is at home, where I am currently not.
I was using a 5 in 1 multi charger and was charging two pairs of TB50. No issues on the first pair.
I will put it in the Inspire and see what GO4 has to tell me about that battery.
2018-8-22
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

MILVUS_M Posted at 2018-8-22 01:23
Can't check that, because the original DJI charger is at home, where I am currently not.
I was using a 5 in 1 multi charger and was charging two pairs of TB50. No issues on the first pair.
I will put it in the Inspire and see what GO4 has to tell me about that battery.

Unplug and shut the battery down. Swap charging cables. If the issue persists, try charging later with approved DJI system. If the issue is persistent again, the battery may be faulty. BTW, personally I'll hesitate to use these cheap Chinese power supplies to charge DJI "intelligent" batteries, TB50 in particular. Don't tell them when claiming warranty replacement ...
2018-8-22
Use props
MILVUS_M
lvl.4

Germany

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-8-22 09:09
Unplug and shut the battery down. Swap charging cables. If the issue persists, try charging later with approved DJI system. If the issue is persistent again, the battery may be faulty. BTW, personally I'll hesitate to use these cheap Chinese power supplies to charge DJI "intelligent" batteries, TB50 in particular. Don't tell them when claiming warranty replacement ...

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your comment.

I tried the other charging cables of the multi-charger and it was all the same.
After a cautious test flight I charged the battery with the original DJI charger that comes with the I2. The battery just showed the moving lights like it should.

BTW, all chargers fot the "intelligent" DJI batteries are just power supplies which provide the right current and the right amperage. All the "intelligent" stuff is inside the batteries. You could even charge those batteries with an oldschool LiPo charger, like iMax, Junsi, Robbe.
2018-8-22
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

MILVUS_M Posted at 2018-8-22 23:40
Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your comment.

You're correct, all chargers are just DC power supply devices. The trick is to deliver good quality (noiseless) constant current of proper voltage and value. DJI batteries may reject "dirty" currents with wrong charging voltage and/or above specific amperage. Which was your case, I believe.

I've build several field chargers for all my DJI batteries, employing various methods of converting 12 and 24V DC from vehicle or boat battery banks.  In all cases good quality output voltages and currents value had to be tediously adjusted for "approval" by smart batteries.
2018-8-23
Use props
MILVUS_M
lvl.4

Germany

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-8-23 00:15
You're correct, all chargers are just DC power supply devices. The trick is to deliver good quality (noiseless) constant current of proper voltage and value. DJI batteries may reject "dirty" currents with wrong charging voltage and/or above specific amperage. Which was your case, I believe.

I've build several field chargers for all my DJI batteries, employing various methods of converting 12 and 24V DC from vehicle or boat battery banks.  In all cases good quality output voltages and currents value had to be tediously adjusted for "approval" of smart batteries.

I have used this "charger" many times before and never had any issues. Also have one those for the P4 and also never had any problems with it.

The strange thing is, that this blinking pattern is not documented in any of the DJI manuals.
2018-8-23
Use props
MILVUS_M
lvl.4

Germany

UPDATE

After I noticed that strange blinking pattern, I took that pair of batteries and the I2 out for a test flight around midday.

- The battery in question showed 99% charge (the other one was at 100%).
- The voltage of cell no. 4 was down by 0.06 to 0.07 V compared to the other cells. (Don't like that at all)
- While flying the voltage was closely monitored. The cell drift lessened within flight and by the time all cells were around 3.7 V it was down to 0.02 - 0.03 V.
- After 18 minutes I landed at 6%
- After shutting down the motors the cell drift was about 0.03 - 0.04 V.
- in the evening I put the batteries in the original DJI charging hub.
- No strange blinking pattern this time
- After both batteries were fully charged I checked voltages with GO4
- Both batteries showed 100%, the battery in question still showed a voltage on cell 4 lower by 0.07 - 0.09 V than the other cells

Conclusion:
1. The question about that blinking pattern remains unanswered (well there have been answers, I just don't think that they were pointing in the right direction)
2. The battery will have to be monitored closely.
2018-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules