Phantom2 Vision+/Phantom 3 Advanced
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chuckb01
lvl.1
United States

I just recently purchased a Phantom Vison 2+ and the new ones look quite a bit advanced. I can't afford to sell this on and buy the version 3 just because it might be a bit better. Are any of the features of the 3 compatable with the Phantom 2? Such as the controller or xmitter? What about the firmware or the app for my android smart phone? Is that a tablet they are using now on the transmitter now? Hope some one can help. thanks

2015-5-27
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

None of the Phantom 3 features you ask about are compatible with the Phantom 2 V+.
The P3 transmitter uses a built in Lightbridge set up for control and video.
The Pilot app connects to the P3 transmitter via a USB cable.
Firmware will be totally different on the P3.
2015-5-27
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

Sorry I do not understand the question.  You have a P2 and you can not afford a P3 BUT you want to know  if the features on the P3 are compatible with the P2?  Wait...what?

The simple answer is no, sorry.  They redesigned the P3 including the batteries.  The key question should be is the user experience better?  I think you will find the P2 to be a great user experience and will be happy with your purchase.
2015-5-27
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

I think you are talking about the same. A phantom vision plus version 2 and the same phantom 2 vision plus version 3 correct. They are somewhat simular. Differences are the motors and ESC as well as the props and the RC has rechargeable batteries and a control she'll for the gimbal. There are some enhancements for GPS shielding. Batteries , wifi extender and Naza, main board I believe are the same. The big change is as other have said the  P2 to the P3 different altogether including firmware differences. Save you $$ and enjoy what you have, not a major change in the version change but yes in the model change.
2015-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules