12Next >
5671 43 2018-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GaryNash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

Can someone confirm that the Crystalsky will receive a firmware / program upgrade so that it will be fully compatible with the new Mavic 2 pro / Zoom Drones.

Shortly after release, a day or so.  

Work in progress maybe a month.

In early Beta, 3 months plus for development . Sorry we forgot about that !

The answer to this will effect my purchase...  

2018-8-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I have no doubt that with the release of Mavic 2 a new GO 4 version will be released as well. For the mass iOS/Android market that will come when shipments of Mavic 2 will start (probably next week). From my experience it might take a little longer for Crystalsky, but less long than it used to be because DJI has detached firmware and GO 4 updates on Crystalsky. Thus App can be updated independently from firmware but still only through DJI update server and as an optimised version for Crystalsky.
2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding your question yes there will be, However. We don't have yet any specific date when it will be just kept in touch with the further notice.
2018-8-22
Use props
GaryNash
lvl.4
United Kingdom

WOW, thanks for the answer... Not really what I wanted to hear. Rather disappointing...

A new flagship consumer drone wont be compatible with DJI's own Tablet. And you cant give any time scale when it may be ?
2018-8-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

GaryNash Posted at 2018-8-22 12:52
WOW, thanks for the answer... Not really what I wanted to hear. Rather disappointing...

A new flagship consumer drone wont be compatible with DJI's own Tablet. And you cant give any time scale when it may be ?

Both answers are telling you that it will be compatible, so what is actually your problem?
2018-8-22
Use props
cristiano1976pt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322156 ft
  • >>>
Germany

i also can not understand the way DJI are working. So on Release it will work with iPhone and Android Phones/Tablets but not with the own Crystal Sky Monitor? I really can not understand that. This should be one of the Products that have to work on Day One :-(
2018-8-24
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just install the Android 4.3 .APK from an SD card on the CS and you will be fine.

Cheers
2018-8-24
Use props
GaryNash
lvl.4
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 2018-8-24 07:23
Just install the Android 4.3 .APK from an SD card on the CS and you will be fine.

Cheers

Thanks for the tip, but I'm really not over tech savy.  I like to plug stuff in and it just works...

The Crystalsky without question should have been 100 % compatible with the Maric 2 on release.

Its DJI's "own flagship monitor". Factor in the power supply and a mount bracket.  Its quite an investment.  I ordered a Mavic 2 yesterday so if it arrives before an update is released, then I'll probably end up having to buy a “iphone se” or something around the £100 mark from ebay., to fly it with a monitor...  
2018-8-24
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

The CystalSky is not even compatible with the latest Mavic Pro 1 release functionality. Its still back at 4.2.16. If my math is correct that is 8 releases behind If you wait for the Full FW package.

Dont forget you also need to download the new DJI Assistant 2 for your PC or Mac. You will need that to activate your Mavic II without a smart device.  
2018-8-24
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

bjr981s Posted at 2018-8-24 08:07
The CystalSky is not even compatible with the latest Mavic Pro 1 release functionality. Its still back at 4.2.16. If my math is correct that is 8 releases behind If you wait for the Full FW package.

Dont forget you also need to download the new DJI Assistant 2 for your PC or Mac. You will need that to activate your Mavic II without a smart device.

Both of your posts are suggesting to me that you appartently don't own a CrystalSky.
1. You cannot install the general Android APK on CrystalSky.
2. The current GO 4 version for CrystalSky is 4.2.21, thus quite much up to date.
2018-8-24
Use props
GaryNash
lvl.4
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 2018-8-24 08:07

Igot that cheers fella.. also had a little light reading.....

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2018-8-24
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-24 08:15
Both of your posts are suggesting to me that you appartently don't own a CrystalSky.
1. You cannot install the general Android APK on CrystalSky.
2. The current GO 4 version for CrystalSky is 4.2.21, thus quite much up to date.

Well I guess you would be wrong on all counts. I have 3. One of each.

I guess you don't own one as you would know it is still at 4.2.16.

The latest FW package is at V02.06.0600

And it contains.

DJI GO 4 version 4.2.16

If you own one check it. If you don't own one then.....  
2018-8-24
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

bjr981s Posted at 2018-8-24 08:53
Well I guess you would be wrong on all counts. I have 3. One of each.

I guess you don't own one as you would know it is still at 4.2.16.

You want a screenshot?
2018-8-24
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

bjr981s Posted at 2018-8-24 08:53
Well I guess you would be wrong on all counts. I have 3. One of each.

I guess you don't own one as you would know it is still at 4.2.16.

Actually I don't need to make a screenshot. Just look at this thread in the CrystalSky forum until the end: https://forum.dji.com/thread-156173-1-1.html
Seems you have missed something ;-)
2018-8-24
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Actually you missed something DJI do not have an update server for CrystalSky that does individual updates for Go 4. it packages the FW and updates in a single update and is back-level. I already posted that you can install the APK separately which is what that thread is about. There is no special GO 4 app for the CrystalSky. There is only 1 Go 4 App. And you can install the APK either as a download from a website, that function is now available in the Crystalsky or via an APK on an SD card.

You have some unusual misconceptions about how this technology works. I saw another of your posts re Assistant 2 loaded in parallel. I didn't comment on it I don't want to start a debate with you. Parallel installations on Windows either require Fusion packaging or Appsense. You can install applications of the same name in different folders. But the OS caches the DLLs of the same name in memory and the first app to run loads the DLLs and the second is forced to use the original apps DLLs. This is what used to be called DLL hell.

DJI left the CrystalSky Package at 4.2.16 as that was the last version that supported the Spark via OTG. They have not repackaged yet even though 4.2.24 was a Supported OTG version for the Spark as the Mavic II was just around the corner.

Anyhow. Please check before you start criticising other people.  
2018-8-24
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

bjr981s Posted at 2018-8-24 09:27
Actually you missed something DJI do not have an update server for CrystalSky that does individual updates for Go 4. it packages the FW and updates in a single update and is back-level. I already posted that you can install the APK separately which is what that thread is about. There is no special GO 4 app for the CrystalSky. There is only 1 Go 4 App. And you can install the APK either as a download from a website, that function is now available in the Crystalsky or via an APK on an SD card.

You have some unusual misconceptions about how this technology works. I saw another of your posts re Assistant 2 loaded in parallel. I didn't comment on it I don't want to start a debate with you. Parallel installations on Windows either require Fusion packaging or Appsense. You can install applications of the same name in different folders. But the OS caches the DLLs of the same name in memory and the first app to run loads the DLLs and the second is forced to use the original apps DLLs. This is what used to be called DLL hell.

Really sorry to say, but all what you are writing here is wrong and it is obvious now that you don't know what you are talking about.
2018-8-24
Use props
fansc22e5336
lvl.2

Norway

how can i mount the crystalsky to the mavic2 controller ?
2018-8-24
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-24 09:37
Really sorry to say, but all what you are writing here is wrong and it is obvious now that you don't know what you are talking about.

OK I will agree with you if you show me where in the Crystalsky Go 4 app where the version update is located.

I have read that entire thread several times now and it is extremely confusing.

I have gone through every menu item in the Go 4 App on one of my CrystalSkys and there is only check for updates for the FlySafe databases. None for the App version.

There is just a reference of doing it in the DJI Go 4 app but zero detail.

A few including you have stated that you did an update but nobody has said how.

A vague reference to a thread on compass calibration exists but I cant find that thread.

So can you tell me where in the Go 4 app this update capability exists? As I cant find it.

Just the FW Package updater in the config menu, that is the versions I have already described.
2018-8-24
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

fansc22e5336 Posted at 2018-8-24 10:02

I use the Polarpro Mounts. I have the DJI Mavic / Spark mount that is awkward and i no longer use it. It was only just usable for the small CS but unusable for the larger version.

I have the DJI mount for my Phantom 3 and it works fine.

My Phantom 4 is the Pro Plus so it already has an integrated screen.

The PolarPro will work with the Mavic II as it uses the form factor of an iPhone as its mounting.
2018-8-24
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

bjr981s Posted at 2018-8-24 10:17
OK I will agree with you if you show me where in the Crystalsky Go 4 app where the version update is located.

I have read that entire thread several times now and it is extremely confusing.

I am really glad that we are coming together now since I never meant to criticise you or anyone else. For most of us the DJI GO 4 update message simply popped up automatically when starting GO 4 on CrystalSky (you need to have a WiFi connection of course). But you will also find the option for manual update within DJI GO 4 on CrystalSky by clicking on the "Me" icon at the bottom right side, then click on "Settings" and there "Check for updates". I hope this helps to start with.
I need some time for my family right now but later tonight I shall be happy to further assist.
2018-8-24
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

OK got that. That would be the only menu I didn't check. It looks like it needs some sort of initial activation when you logon to your account I have never opened this menu item before. It now works for me. The only reason for the general APK bypass would be so you don't need the installed play-store app and infrastructure. I might test with one of my Walkera drones and the Walkera drone app. And see if that runs.

Its interesting that this install mechanism shows the access rights of the application. Are you aware of any bluetooth functionality in the app. It requires access to the BT without constraint. So any bluetooth devices in the vicinity can be read and reported back to DJI with its total Network control rights.

I will try with one of my sparks and see if OTG is still functional.

Cheers and thanks.

2018-8-24
Use props
KitMavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25180 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Yeah I just found out the two rectangular gaps in the controller's arms is now shorter such that the crystalsky bar is longer than the spacing of the gap.  So basically you cannot attach the crystalsky to the mavic 2 controller.  I am going to manually widen those two arms such that I can screw the adapter into the horizontal bar. Yes it may not be pretty, but I am certainly not going to buy another mount for crystalsky.
2018-8-25
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

bjr981s Posted at 2018-8-24 10:49
OK got that. That would be the only menu I didn't check. It looks like it needs some sort of initial activation when you logon to your account I have never opened this menu item before. It now works for me. The only reason for the general APK bypass would be so you don't need the installed play-store app and infrastructure. I might test with one of my Walkera drones and the Walkera drone app. And see if that runs.

Its interesting that this install mechanism shows the access rights of the application. Are you aware of any bluetooth functionality in the app. It requires access to the BT without constraint. So any bluetooth devices in the vicinity can be read and reported back to DJI with its total Network control rights.

Very glad to hear that it is working for you now as well! :-)
2018-8-25
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

It depends a bit which CrystalSky we are talking about. The 5.5 or the 7.85 size?
2018-8-25
Use props
KitMavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25180 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Just Facebook msg to DJI, they said not yet working with M2P  (5.5).   Also the official mount doesn't now fit due to the gap in the two arms on the remote being too close, such that you cannot screw into the arm of the bracket.
2018-8-25
Use props
GaryNash
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Considering the Crystalsky is a premium product. £700 for the unit another £30 for a dedicated psu ebay. £50 for a mount £4 for a  plastic screen protector and £15 for a screen cover for storage.  All of which should have come with the Crystalsky when purchased.  

Once my Mavic pro 2 arrives my crystalsky is nothing more than an expensive brick. £900 of DJI investment … worthless

DJI really need to pull there fingers out on this product. Its constantly being left behind or last in the que. This is a premium product with a premium price tag to boot. Let down by DJI support.

Very disappointed and frustrated.
2018-8-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

KitMavic Posted at 2018-8-25 08:35
Just Facebook msg to DJI, they said not yet working with M2P  (5.5).   Also the official mount doesn't now fit due to the gap in the two arms on the remote being too close, such that you cannot screw into the arm of the bracket.

Your correct, dji mount wont fit, very similar to MavAir same problem, dji still haven’t released a mount for Mavic Air, I think at this stage with all the money spent on CS and new Aircraft, dji need to release a much discounted mount for CS, but first let’s see if we can get app/FW update so we can use CS with M2P.
2018-8-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

GaryNash Posted at 2018-8-22 12:52

Seems pretty lame that DJI's ''professional'' CrystalSky, does not support Mavic Pro 2 or Mavic Pro 2 does not support Crystal Sky or both.
2018-8-25
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11597195 ft
  • >>>

Please see the post: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/61550567
2018-8-25
Use props
Aerial-Pixel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2450935 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-25 11:40
Your correct, dji mount wont fit, very similar to MavAir same problem, dji still haven’t released a mount for Mavic Air, I think at this stage with all the money spent on CS and new Aircraft, dji need to release a much discounted mount for CS, but first let’s see if we can get app/FW update so we can use CS with M2P.

With my Mavic Air I swapped the RC's handles from my Spark. I'm hoping that the handles are compatible and I'll make the swap again, I'll find out Tuesday when my M2P arrives.
2018-8-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Aerial-Pixel Posted at 2018-8-26 07:36
With my Mavic Air I swapped the RC's handles from my Spark. I'm hoping that the handles are compatible and I'll make the swap again, I'll find out Tuesday when my M2P arrives.[view_image]

Yeah I’ve done the same myself, you can also purchase these arms for Mavic Pro on EBay , so yes it’s an option, but I don’t know different coloured RC on M2P, it would be nice if dji supplied a mount for say €20 to all those who have spent there hard earned cash supporting them, it wouldn’t be unprecedented as with Osmo original they issued free free mic when many complained about sound recorded directly by Osmo. Just a suggestion and who knows.
2018-8-26
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

I use these mounts and they are great. Will work with any controller that is iPhone compatible.

https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... stalsky-mavic-mount

2018-8-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

bjr981s Posted at 2018-8-26 08:36
I use these mounts and they are great. Will work with any controller that is iPhone compatible.

https://www.polarprofilters.com/collections/dji-mavic-filters-and-accessories/products/crystalsky-mavic-mount

That’s the mount he’s talking about alright.
2018-8-26
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-26 11:27
That’s the mount he’s talking about alright.

Are you sure? The mounts described here are the DJI mount for the Spark / Mavic. Not the Polarpro mounts?
2018-8-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

bjr981s Posted at 2018-8-27 04:39
Are you sure? The mounts described here are the DJI mount for the Spark / Mavic. Not the Polarpro mounts?

Those mounts (mount) are polar pro for use with spark,Mavic,MavAir and now M2P.
2018-8-27
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-27 05:07
Those mounts (mount) are polar pro for use with spark,Mavic,MavAir and now M2P.

I am confused. I am the only one that has posted in this thread about the Polar pro mounts.

All the other posts refer to the DJI Mounts.
2018-8-27
Use props
visionrouge.net
lvl.4
Hong Kong

bjr981s Posted at 2018-8-24 07:23
Just install the Android 4.3 .APK from an SD card on the CS and you will be fine.

Cheers

Hello,

Thanks for your advise.
Can you help me understand:
Did you manage to get Mavic 2 working with the Crystal sky doing this way? (and it's full functional interface on the CS)?
Second question is to get a bit more details if so.
Thanks for sharing
2018-9-9
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

visionrouge.net Posted at 2018-9-9 04:59
Hello,

Thanks for your advise.

No I didn't. Looks like its missing the Googleplay infrastructure. So we are stuck until DJI releases the updates.
2018-9-15
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

bjr981s Posted at 2018-9-15 03:41
No I didn't. Looks like its missing the Googleplay infrastructure. So we are stuck until DJI releases the updates.

The update for CrystalSky has been released. Look here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-166456-1-1.html
2018-9-15
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-15 03:45
The update for CrystalSky has been released. Look here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-166456-1-1.html

Ah didn't see that. Excellent thanks. I will update my  3 tonight. Been travelling interstate and have only had one 5 minute flight on my M2 Pro. and 10 Min on my M2 Zoom. The zoom flight I used the Goggles RE. It was fantastic.

Cheers
2018-9-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules