Spark battery issue
679 7 2018-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JEBanner
New
United States

My Spark battery will not charge.  I have tried multiple outlets (although it charged successfully there over 15-20 times).  When plugged in, after holding down the on/off button, the first light will come on and then blink for 5-6 times and then nothing else.  Any help?  We just purchased in December - is there any recourse to get a new battery (if that is the issue)?  I do not have a spare battery.  Thank you.  James
2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding with your concern as you mention the battery won't charge right? may I ask how did you charge the battery of your Spark then? and also the combo pressing should be one press release then press and hold for a few seconds then release when the LED indicator light up.
2018-8-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

The second sentence in your OP is odd.  I don't know what you mean by "..after holding down on the on/off button..."  

Anyway...

Sounds like the battery might be either in hibernation mode or dead.  Is it possible you left it unattended for quite a while?  

If it's in hibernation mode, the procedure is to press the button once, then don't touch it for at least 5 minutes.  This should bring it out of hibernation mode.  Then try to charge it.  Hopefully it will begin charging.  

Here's a thread that might be helpful.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-134111-1-1.html

Good luck
2018-8-22
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Have you contact Dji support?
2018-8-22
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Btw welcome to the forum mate
2018-8-22
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Sounds like a warm battery that needs to cool down...happens if you try to charge right after a flight.
2018-8-22
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323455 ft
United States

Wait a while, and just keep it plugged in. It will start charging once it is cooled down.
There is no need to press the button, it'll automatically start charging.
2018-8-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

drewhoover Posted at 2018-8-23 08:59
Wait a while, and just keep it plugged in. It will start charging once it is cooled down.
There is no need to press the button, it'll automatically start charging.

Hi, Thanks for the additional information and help. Please let us know if you need our help as well. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules