979 4 2018-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Carlisle91
lvl.1
Flight distance : 750955 ft
United Kingdom

Greetings all!,

After 3/4 years of faithful service my Phantom 3 Standard needed a replacement motor. I replaced the duff motor with a new one pretty easily, but unfortunately in the process of taking the top shell off I managed to cause even worse damage than I was in there to fix (I know. I'm a muppet).

I accidentally managed to knock the female part of the compass plug clean off the motherboard. I'm pretty sure some of hte tiny metal pins  that were once soldered onto the motherboard have snapped off. The compass, male half of the plug and the rest of hte motherboard are totally fine.

So my question to anyone here who would care to weigh-in is:

- Is this actually repairable or is it time for an upgrade?
-If it is repairable, how can it be done? (or would I have to send it back to DJI?)

For context I live in England, so the nearest DJI repair centre to me is on Holland. I've attached some photos for you to look at to help explain  my precidament

Female Plug balanced in place

Female Plug balanced in place

Bottom of female plug, you can just about see some of hte pins missing.

Bottom of female plug, you can just about see some of hte pins missing.
2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry about that. However, we do not recommend you to self-repair your drone because it can worsen the damage and this will void the warranty. Please contact our support team to start a ticket for repair. You may start up a case online: https://repair.dji.com. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-8-22
Use props
Carlisle91
lvl.1
Flight distance : 750955 ft
United Kingdom

Sadly I think the warranty expired a year or two ago, and I expect that the repairs will be expensive.

But thanks for the info, I'll open a ticket and see what they say.
2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Carlisle91 Posted at 2018-8-22 14:16
Sadly I think the warranty expired a year or two ago, and I expect that the repairs will be expensive.

But thanks for the info, I'll open a ticket and see what they say.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Please keep us posted if you have further question. Thanks and Have a nice day.
2018-8-22
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Same thing happened to me.  It's now in the workshop for good.  Found out that's a pretty delicate piece.
2018-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules