917 8 2018-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
georgebguedes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1097188 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Hi, guys! I have experienced some slight drifts with my Mavic Air. I have noticed in other flights before, in different locations, and while flying today I noticed again, so I uploaded the flight data to see if you guys could help me. The flight data is here and this is the strange behaviour: I am hovering the aircraft, and then the without touching any sticks the aircraft starts to slightly drift. I even pull the right stick all the way to the back and right to bring it back (as you can see on the photo attached), but it simply doesn't do anything. The aircraft continues to drift, so I change the direction of the aircraft to the right and then I gained the control back again, being able to flight foward. In the exact moment that this happened I received a high wind warning but the airdata website indicates winds of 14mph. I don't have much experience so I would to like to know your opinions on what happened, if the wind in this velocity could probably cause that or not, if everything is normal with my aircraft or maybe it's a problem of my unit.

Thank you so much for your help in advance,
George
playback.jpg
2018-8-22
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Can you upload your flight log here: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Also did you try to calibrate rc?
2018-8-22
Use props
georgebguedes
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

Optimus_Prime Posted at 2018-8-22 18:20
Can you upload your flight log here: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Also did you try to calibrate rc?

Sure, here it is!

No, I did not! I am definitely going to give it a try!
2018-8-22
Use props
ZooWall
New

United States

georgebguedes Posted at 2018-8-22 18:26
Sure, here it is!

No, I did not! I am definitely going to give it a try!

I have experienced this as well. Any suggestions on a resolution?
2018-8-23
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Can you please try to factory reset, refresh firmware again on fully charge battery and recalibrate imu, vision sensor, rc and try to fly in larger, empty field? I may think issue comming from houses below your MA caused interference. I did not see abnormal in flight log
2018-8-23
Use props
georgebguedes
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

Optimus_Prime Posted at 2018-8-23 19:14
Can you please try to factory reset, refresh firmware again on fully charge battery and recalibrate imu, vision sensor, rc and try to fly in larger, empty field? I may think issue comming from houses below your MA caused interference. I did not see abnormal in flight log

Thank you so much for your considerations! I have done all the procedures and as soon as possible I will fly to see the aircraft behavior and return here with the results
2018-8-24
Use props
Leebroath
lvl.4
Flight distance : 102923 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

georgebguedes Posted at 2018-8-24 10:47
Thank you so much for your considerations! I have done all the procedures and as soon as possible I will fly to see the aircraft behavior and return here with the results

See my thread here

There HAS to be a software fault or bug in the system for this drifting issue

My thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-161994-1-1.html
My video, from 0:40 you can see clearly I’m pushing right on my stick then I let go and the drone keeps drifting back

2018-8-24
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310489 ft
United Arab Emirates

it seems drifting issues not exclusive to my MA  , but its clear that  most likely faults in the firmware  .
I hope DJI will find definite solution for this issue soon
2018-8-24
Use props
0rcinus
lvl.3
  • >>>
Croatia

Disabling vision completely 100% cured all my drifting issues except for the persistent (and random) yaw drift, which is annoying, as it ruins shots, but at least doesn’t endanger anything or anyone.
2018-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules