Lake Simcoe Canada
1443 15 2018-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rivi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74521 ft
United Arab Emirates

An attempt to capture the Lake Simcoe on a warm August afternoon.  Mavic Air handled the wind quite well.  Trully enjoyable afternoon with family and friends.

2018-8-22
Use props
Ryan Olivas
lvl.4

United States

Cool Video! Thanks for Sharing.
2018-8-22
Use props
Rivi
lvl.4
United Arab Emirates

Thanks Ryan
2018-8-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Rivi,

Nice video.  Interesting lake, I even looked it up on Google Earth, Northeast of Toronto, yeah?  There are two things that can help for future videos though.  The Horizon Level and the slight over exposed nature of the whole video.  You have been down there by the desert too long!

The over exposure is easy to fix and there are two different ways.  In post, you can adjust Alpha in "Color Correction".  One slider and you can change the exposure for the whole video as long as the whole video is selected.  Then export (save) the video again.  It takes some practice but it is the easiest way to solve exposure issues.

The other way is to adjust the exposure manually before or during the flight.  Even this has two methods.  Look in the DJI GO 4 Online Manual that DJI Grace worked on, there is a section about "Camera Settings";

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=118959

After you find "Camera Settings", there is paragraph on "EV (Exposure Compensation Value):".

EV (Exposure Compensation Value): This dial shows you how far away from the recommended settings you are before you take a photo with manual settings. Ideally, you want the EV to read 0 as if it’s +2 then your whites will be far too bright and if it’s -2 then your picture will be very dark. There are some situations where you might want a high or low EV for example if you trying to take a picture in a dark environment with a slow shutter speed then you will want a higher EV setting.

These are the adjustments that allow you to use the camera filters you were asking about a while back.  That whole section is very interesting.

For the Horizon, in the DJI GO 4 Online Manual that DJI Grace worked on is a section about "Gimbal Settings";

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=118954

There you will find the "Gimbal Auto Calibration".  Make sure your Mavic is on a level surface that you used a carpenter's level to make sure it is level.  (The small ones are sometimes called a "torpedo".)  Do the auto calibration and your next flight should allow you to have a level horizon for the camera.  

If conditions cause an unlevel horizon in flight, there is a setting that lets you "eyeball it".  Be sure to set it back to "0" if you do another Auto Calibration of the Gimbal.  One time, I had the hardest time leveling my gimbal and when I looked at the gimbal adjustment, it turned out my problem was my gimbal had been manually set to 3 degrees.  That was what was messing up my calibration!

Hope this helps!  Looking forward to more!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-23
Use props
Rivi
lvl.4
United Arab Emirates

Hi Cetacean,  wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to review and great tips.  I will definitely keep them in mind.  It was a family visit and didn't have much time as I was eating up family time

Once again many thanks.  Will try those tips in my next video.
2018-8-23
Use props
ghutch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 187375 ft
United States

Other than the two main issues already pointed out, very enjoyable video.  Nice flying...
2018-8-23
Use props
Rivi
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks a lot ghutch!
2018-8-23
Use props
Rivi
lvl.4
United Arab Emirates

Cetacean Posted at 2018-8-23 00:12
Aloha Rivi,

Nice video.  Interesting lake, I even looked it up on Google Earth, Northeast of Toronto, yeah?  There are two things that can help for future videos though.  The Horizon Level and the slight over exposed nature of the whole video.  You have been down there by the desert too long!

Hi Cetacean,  I did the gimbal caliberation today.  Will do a test run and report.  

Many thanks once again.
2018-8-23
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Very nice job.  
2018-8-23
Use props
Rivi
lvl.4