8066 6 2018-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Armazia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125069 ft
Netherlands

Hello,

After I went on vacation to Portugal my mavic pro seems to be having some serious gimbal shake issues.
The gimbal starts shaking right after turning the mavic on, so propellors are not the issue. When I leave it shaking it sometimes stops but the gimbal is horizontal tilted 45° degrees. Or it just continues and shows the gimbal shaking or overload warning. I am trying to solve this issue, but till now no succes.

So what caused it?
My current thought is that there is sand in a place where it should not be. I took off in a sandy place in portugal once, so that might have cause the trouble.

What did I try/check;

-The three rubber hang points of the gimbal. they are okay, none broke or loose
-The lip where the gimbal should under. Ok
-SD Card, flew without any sd card and still shaking
-IMU, Ill talk about that in a second
-Compass calibration
-Gimbal calibration
-Soft cleaning the gimbal
-Check the ribbon cables, they seem okay

So about the IMU, when I do a IMU calibration it fixes it for the same day or so (Also did the compass and gimbal). Next day the problem is back.

The only two things I can try is a downgrade to a lower firmware or blowing the gimbal clean with compressed air (I heared people don't recommend this duo to dirt getting blown inwards the gimbal).

What do you guys think? What would you do in this situation, or do you have any tips?

Any response is appreciated.

Oh and yes, I can send it back for repair but that one is the last resort. Got no warranty or Care, so gotta hit the bucks not too much

2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Our apologies for the inconvenience. If it is convenient for you, kindly provide a short video showing the problem so that we can check it on our end. You can also reset the settings of the aircraft to factory defaults and upgrade the firmware using DJI Assistant 2. You can download the software here: https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads and you can follow the video tutorial below.

2018-8-23
Use props
Armazia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125069 ft
Netherlands

A little update for this thread;

The camera shake was persistant after firmware downgrade. using high pressure air was my 'last resort'.

For anyone who has a simular problem, try blowing it out with high pressure air (make sure to not blow hard on the components because it might harm the ribbon cables in there). Keep the gimbal clamp on.

This fixed my issues. I haven't found anyone with the same problem on any forum but it worked for me.
Also remember that blowing the gimbal out is one of the last things you'll want to do. With high pressure air you might blow dus inwards the camera which might cause permanent damage.
2018-8-26
Use props
Brian Hawkins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2745971 ft
  • >>>
United States

My Mavic 2 Pro gimbal also has shake and overload warnings.  Started on the very first flight.  I upgraded firmware, calibrated IMU, calibrated compass, calibrated gimbal, but it makes no improvement.  At low altitude, the gimbal is fine, but the problem shows up above 10m or so.   Here's a link to a video showing the shake.   
2018-8-31
Use props
fans2d8ee791
lvl.1
Flight distance : 814 ft

India

Brian Hawkins Posted at 2018-8-31 13:51
My Mavic 2 Pro gimbal also has shake and overload warnings.  Started on the very first flight.  I upgraded firmware, calibrated IMU, calibrated compass, calibrated gimbal, but it makes no improvement.  At low altitude, the gimbal is fine, but the problem shows up above 10m or so.   Here's a link to a video showing the shake.    https://vimeo.com/287735587/e634c2829f

Even I'm having the same issue.. Can you please tell me if your issue is resolved.
2019-8-9
Use props
jimszczur
New

Poland

Hi, I have a big problem with the shaking gimbal. Does anyone have a similar problem and know what to do about it?video link with the problem below:

https://youtu.be/rhWZgw83LuM
2019-8-10
Use props
djiuser_JazITLM5uEuo
New

Canada

jimszczur Posted at 2019-8-10 04:54
Hi, I have a big problem with the shaking gimbal. Does anyone have a similar problem and know what to do about it?video link with the problem below:

https://youtu.be/rhWZgw83LuM

Hi, did you find a fix to this issue? I'm having the exact same problem.
2020-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules