Why does my drone lose signal at 50 to 100 meters?
1688 6 2018-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jonah
lvl.2

Canada

I have watched a bunch of videos on you tube re: maximum range and some guys are able to go over 1500 meters with stock antenna and I am able to go only 50 to 100 metere? Why is this. It would be nice to have as much range as possible.
Thanks for any support that may be avail.
Jonah

2018-8-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

First thing to check:  Is the drone still in "beginner" mode?  Refer to the manual. That mode limits the range and performance of the craft.
2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. Is the beginner's mode disabled? Is the firmware updated? May I know what specific model of drone do you have?
2018-8-23
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

Hi Wand,
the beginner mode lets the copter 30x30 meters and the Rc beeps 3 times short and the app says the maximum distance/height reached. And the copter cant fly farther but the signal is still present.
May be your second question should bring him to the right way.  If it´s a P3S then are 100 meters too short. MyP3S reached nearly the 400 meters (set by me as geo fence) and all ways the signal was present.
2018-8-23
Use props
Jonah
lvl.2

Canada

It is a Phantom 3 Standard and it is not in beginners mode.

This guy is supposedly getting ranges of 6000 feet with stock equip?

2018-8-23
Use props
driverseat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1788576 ft
Netherlands

Hi,

I bought one year ago my P3se and flew with it a distance round about 800 mtrs in open field. Two weeks ago I bought a argtek range extender (40,- $) and now I reached a range of 1.400 mtrs in open field and it could be even more, but without sight I'm anxious to loose her.

It's still awesom to fly this bird.  

driverseat   
2018-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules