Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JLamont Posted at 2018-8-26 08:38
I just checked my tracking number for my Mavic 2 Pro and it's showing in Anchorage, AK on a "clearance delay" and it has went from a Wednesday delivery to "No scheduled delivery date at this time". Is this normal for products coming from DJI? Has anyone else shipment been delayed? This is my first online order from DJI. Thanks

Sounds like your shipment has been selected for inspection by Customs. It happens.

I had the paint job ruined on a LX B25 Foam model when customs opened it up, pulled it apart and inspected it and then stuck it back with Security check tape. You cant get the tape off a foam model without removing the paint.

2018-8-26
Use props
Portaler
New

Hi All, strange question I know, but can someone please tell me what the dimensions of the Mavic 2 Pro box is ?

Doesn't seem to be anywhere online !! If someone has one, could you please take a couple of quick measurements. Would really appreciate it.

Thanks !!
2018-8-26
Use props
VigilanteDrones
First Officer
Flight distance : 11800554 ft
  • >>>
United States

I understand the batteries are different than the Mavic Pro but is the connection point the same?  I am looking to see if my charger for Mavic Pro batteries will still work on these new batteries.  Thanks for any help!
2018-8-26
Use props
Corvus monedula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3550594 ft

VigilanteDrones Posted at 2018-8-26 12:17
I understand the batteries are different than the Mavic Pro but is the connection point the same?  I am looking to see if my charger for Mavic Pro batteries will still work on these new batteries.  Thanks for any help!

Hopefully the connectors are different − as they are not electrically compatible having different voltages (13.05 V vs 17.6 V). Whis is exactly because the batteries are different.
2018-8-26
Use props
ClaudioTrezzani
Second Officer
Flight distance : 331 ft
Italy

Was Mavic first edition worth to be a second body for a professional photographer/filmaker?
The answer is: no, it wasn’t.
Is the Mavic new version worth of it?
The answer is: yes, it is, but there are some things to understand.
Speaking of Pro model, I agree with americans when they say that size matters: sensor size is condition not to be set aside to get image quality, and Dji for the first time with Phantom 4 Pro showed how it is possible to reach a good performance with a sensor size of an inch. I whised and wrote for long time that Dji would mount such a sensor on Mavic, and eventually Dji did it.
About lens, Dji kept the same FOV of previous version: 77°. Good choice, considering that Phantom, with its 84°, suffers more perspective distorsion.
There is a new dlog, a flat profile at ten bit instead of eight. Moreover right now is avaible both in Pro and Zoom models H265 codec, slighty more efficient than H264. But is important to understand that they are just palliatives: the real question is that all stuff is heavily compressed, only purchasing an expensive Inspire it is possible handle raw video.
Thinking of H265 I remember that using that codec on Phantom 4 Pro compelled - at the max resolution - to renounce at 60 fps: on Mavic simply this issue ...isn’t, because - always at max resolution - 60 fps isn’t avaible at all, with any configurations. Not a marginal lack, in same applications.
On Zoom model (I would not buy it because of its small sensor, nevertheless) very interesting the optical zoom 2X (let’s to beginners digital extension...) as well as 48 MP function related to it.
User manual: Dji declared for Phantom 4 Pro a max wind speed resistance expressed in m/s, while right now with Mavic data is expressed in kph; this generates confusion.
Lateral obstacle avoidance sensors: still too many limitation to their effectiveness.
Synthesizing: an huge improvement in comparison with previous version, but there are still some issue to work with.
2018-8-26
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>

KameronaTm Posted at 2018-8-25 09:27
According to the website the go app requires version Android V4.3.0 but it isn't released on Google play app store

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2018-8-26
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-25 00:57
Hi there, it will take some time to generate the tracking number, please note the email later.

Mindy, sent you few PM's to you with my order number from Thursday morning. I'm bummed it still hasn't shipped and others are getting them on Monday, as you know, I have a lot of DJI equipment and just have a feeling from experience something isn't right. Can you check on it please. I'm a bit worried something is wrong or it's because I added Inspire 2 batteries along with the fly more and RE googles all showing stk.
2018-8-26
Use props
JLamont
lvl.1
Flight distance : 300026 ft
United States

bjr981s Posted at 2018-8-26 09:20
Sounds like your shipment has been selected for inspection by Customs. It happens.

I had the paint job ruined on a LX B25 Foam model when customs opened it up, pulled it apart and inspected it and then stuck it back with Security check tape. You cant get the tape off a foam model without removing the paint.

Thanks for your response. I hope I don't end up with security tape on my drone.
2018-8-26
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

#253 Dity Bird,
thanks a lot for answering and indeed the Android go4 app 4.3.0 is available in Google store
AND the FULL instruction manual is also available at Dji Website...GREAT!!!!!  DJI CAN!!!!!
Now I hope the new Mavic pro 2 will come today or tomorrow it depends of custom.....
2018-8-26
Use props
UPTGrad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1447884 ft
  • >>>

Alex Dawson Posted at 2018-8-23 10:59
I was realy looking forward to the Dji Mavic2 pro/zoom but to my disapointment the only thing that I loved about the Mavic Pro 1 was the portrit mode. I am also a Inspire 2 owner with the X7 camera and I use my drones primarely to shoot stills. But to be able to compose the imge straight away is very nice as a photographer, insted of stitching & croping images afterwards. I like the reward when you see that perfect moment as I take the image, I dont get that from croping aferwards. It also seems like Dji forgot abot those millions of instagram userers that love and need the 9:16 for their storys and the 4:5 format for the grid.

I guess I'll pick up a used M1 for less $ instead  

> …  the only thing that I loved about the Mavic Pro 1 was the portrit mode.

Hi.  Not sure if this helps.   In the FAQ section of Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, under Gimbal:

Does the Mavic 2's gimbal support Portrait Mode?

No, but a portrait can be captured by using Vert under Pano mode in the app.
2018-8-26
Use props
kriti11
New

India

http://novembercalendar2018.com/

http://getbillofsale.com/
2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Shak_UK Posted at 2018-8-25 04:46
Yes just got the number now. Thanks

You are welcome, hope you will receive it soon.
2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2018-8-26 19:41
Mindy, sent you few PM's to you with my order number from Thursday morning. I'm bummed it still hasn't shipped and others are getting them on Monday, as you know, I have a lot of DJI equipment and just have a feeling from experience something isn't right. Can you check on it please. I'm a bit worried something is wrong or it's because I added Inspire 2 batteries along with the fly more and RE googles all showing stk.

Hi JohnnieYaz, I have replied your PM, please check, thanks.
2018-8-27
Use props
Yummyburger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275315 ft
  • >>>

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2018-8-26 06:51
DJI Mindy

Orders sent off in the order they were made?

dont think they will reply us
2018-8-27
Use props
DedeMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 649403 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-27 02:32
Hi JohnnieYaz, I have replied your PM, please check, thanks.

Hi Mindy,

Could you also please check mine? I placed the order during the live event and it still hasn't shipped. Will send you a PM now.
2018-8-27
Use props
djiuser_z4ol6EL7CDIP
New

United Kingdom

I fly a 'Parrot'drone currently which has 'Flight' plan. This allows points of interest and way oints to be loaded at home. The plan  is brought up prior to flying when you arrive at the place you planned to fly. Can this be done with softwear provided with either Mavick pro 2 or Mavick Air? Must I purchase additional third party software if I purchase either of these drones?
2018-8-27
Use props
Rblomqvist
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

Just got a text from FedEx moving scheduled date from Wednesday to today for my M2Z (+FlyMore+Goggles), just hours away . Happy I can be home today to sign for it
Pretty fast; ordered it during the event Thursday, shipped Friday, arrived US (Alaska) Saturday, Tennessee and Orlando Sunday and now out for delivery Monday morning. Impressed! Hope and expect to be equally impressed with the drone. Will be a fun afternoon unpacking, registering, charge, fw update, calibrate and hopefully fly some. Unfortunately, thunderstorms are expected in the afternoon but crossing my fingers    
2018-8-27
Use props
RWJorg
lvl.2

Rblomqvist Posted at 2018-8-27 05:30
Just got a text from FedEx moving scheduled date from Wednesday to today for my M2Z (+FlyMore+Goggles), just hours away . Happy I can be home today to sign for it
Pretty fast; ordered it during the event Thursday, shipped Friday, arrived US (Alaska) Saturday, Tennessee and Orlando Sunday and now out for delivery Monday morning. Impressed! Hope and expect to be equally impressed with the drone. Will be a fun afternoon unpacking, registering, charge, fw update, calibrate and hopefully fly some. Unfortunately, thunderstorms are expected in the afternoon but crossing my fingers

Yup. Just got mine in hand 20 min ago. Charging things then to update the firmware.
2018-8-27
Use props
Grobian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 389987 ft
Sweden

Will Mavic 2 Pro be compatible with DJI Ground Station Pro?
2018-8-27
Use props
OscarD
lvl.2
United States

RWJorg Posted at 2018-8-27 06:04
Yup. Just got mine in hand 20 min ago. Charging things then to update the firmware.

Does firmware need to be updated already? I'm scheduled to receive mine today and I was wondering if firmware needed to be updated before flying.
2018-8-27
Use props
VigilanteDrones
First Officer
Flight distance : 11800554 ft
  • >>>
United States

Corvus monedula Posted at 2018-8-26 14:35
Hopefully the connectors are different − as they are not electrically compatible having different voltages (13.05 V vs 17.6 V). Whis is exactly because the batteries are different.

Thanks for the help!
2018-8-27
Use props
forager3215
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230951 ft

Anyone else having issues activating ? the app goes crazy from main screen to blank screen back to main screen and keeps repeating
2018-8-27
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Hi Mindy,
I have same problem as DedeMavic #264
I ordered during the presentation thursday 23. with DJI SELECT!
Estimates Arrival today 22.oo o clock this will be in 5 Hours but DHL do not deliver in the evening....
and the mavic pro2 is still at Shenzhen..CAN YOU HELP whats going on??? Can give tracking by PM
Best regards and thanks
2018-8-27
Use props
forager3215
lvl.4

forager3215 Posted at 2018-8-27 08:03
Anyone else having issues activating ? the app goes crazy from main screen to blank screen back to main screen and keeps repeating

Well got the thing to finally work had to do a factory reset on my phone smh.
2018-8-27
Use props
Rblomqvist
Second Officer
United States

I got mine and charged the batteries. The new fw update takes forever! I'm at 89% after over 1h. And I'm having 200 Mb/s and a new Macbook Pro....
So whatever you do, ensure you have a fully loaded battery when doing the fw update

2018-8-27
Use props
forager3215
lvl.4

Rblomqvist Posted at 2018-8-27 09:18
I got mine and charged the batteries. The new fw update takes forever! I'm at 89% after over 1h. And I'm having 200 Mb/s and a new Macbook Pro....
So whatever you do, ensure you have a fully loaded battery when doing the fw update

hmm my update only took like 20 min for aircraft and about 5 min for rc strange using assistant 2 and only have 100mb/s speed
2018-8-27
Use props
WickedWingman
lvl.3
United States

Portaler Posted at 2018-8-26 10:39
Hi All, strange question I know, but can someone please tell me what the dimensions of the Mavic 2 Pro box is ?

Doesn't seem to be anywhere online !! If someone has one, could you please take a couple of quick measurements. Would really appreciate it.

about 12x12x12
2018-8-27
Use props
WickedWingman
lvl.3
United States

forager3215 Posted at 2018-8-27 09:34
hmm my update only took like 20 min for aircraft and about 5 min for rc strange using assistant 2 and only have 100mb/s speed

mine wouldn't find the update for the aircraft until i rebooted and reconnected nearly a dozen times.  took over an hour altogether.  wasted my whole lunch hour.  now i have to wait until after work to fly it.
2018-8-27
Use props
Rblomqvist
Second Officer
United States

WickedWingman Posted at 2018-8-27 09:43
mine wouldn't find the update for the aircraft until i rebooted and reconnected nearly a dozen times.  took over an hour altogether.  wasted my whole lunch hour.  now i have to wait until after work to fly it.

My fw update failed using assistant, as it said it had less than 50 % battery left. Used DJIGo 4 instead and it was done in about 20 min... Took it out for a short flight and wow.... LOVE IT
2018-8-27
Use props
watdo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 234948 ft
United States

Ordered the mavic 2 zoom. Excited to take it up for the first flight.

People are saying they ordered it on Thursday at launch and some are getting it Monday? That is pretty fast, I was expecting at least 5 business days coming from CN to US.
2018-8-27
Use props
WickedWingman
lvl.3
United States

Rblomqvist Posted at 2018-8-27 10:52
My fw update failed using assistant, as it said it had less than 50 % battery left. Used DJIGo 4 instead and it was done in about 20 min...  Took it out for a short flight and wow.... LOVE IT

my app kept failing when i tried to download the update saying that the network wasn't connected.  except that it was, and i had just used it to update the remote minutes earlier.
2018-8-27
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Hi Mindy,

I ordered my mavic pro2   5 days ago at 23.08 during he presentation with DJI SELECT!!!!
Estimated delivery today but status is shenzhen since 5 days?
What happend please help!!!!!
2018-8-27
Use props
WickedWingman
lvl.3
United States

Heavenone Posted at 2018-8-26 07:45
Help...my Mavic pro2 will come tomorrow Monday and there is NO GO4 app for mavic pro 2!!!! And no COMPLETE operation manual????
And with android its not allowed to store the app from DJI website!!
So why is that Go4app not yet ready????

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 20Manual%20V1.0.pdf
2018-8-27
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Hi Wickedwingman,
thanks for your help i got now the instruction manual
2018-8-27
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Hi Mindy,
DJI promises DJI SELECT customers get preferred delivery ?????
But 5 days now without arrival and the Mavic Pro 2 is still at Shenzhen
that is no preferred delivery, normal customers got it ????
But DJI Select customers not?
Whats going wrong? I payed for DJI SELECT?
2018-8-27
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

damoUK Posted at 2018-8-23 08:48
Ordered the Mavic 2 Pro + Fly more + Care Refresh!! Hope to receive it soon (now to figure out how to pay for it!)

Simply awesome DJI Team!
2018-8-27
Use props
Rblomqvist
Second Officer
United States

Does anyone have a clue why my newly bought and registered M2Z won't show up under my profile here? Registered it with same account name/email as my MA and it has detected the distance I have flown with it. Have I missed anything or is it just some sort of delay?
2018-8-27
Use props
WickedWingman
lvl.3

Same here. I'm guessing it's not high on the priority list
2018-8-27
Use props
Twirlip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2461545 ft
United States

So, I was looking at some sample Mavic 2 Pro pictures from here:
https://www.tomstechtime.com/mavicpro2

...and noticed something.  The center of the image is nicely sharp and in focus, yes... but the edges are noticeably blurry.  Here's a side-by-side comparison:

...these are two 1:1 crops from the same original raw image on the Mavic Pro 2, taken from the link above.  The section on the left is from the left edge of the source image; the section on the right is from the center.  Notice the dramatic difference in focus between the two.  The center portion of the source image is nicely sharp and in focus, but it gets considerably blurrier when you get away from the center of the image.

I'm guessing this is a result of optics geometry, i.e. trying to project onto that giant 1" sensor with a very short path from the lens to the sensor?  i.e. the result of trying to focus a spherical image onto a planar surface.

Is that what's going on, here?  Is this what basically all Mavic 2 Pro images are going to look like, or is this avoidable via some sort of camera settings?
2018-8-27
Use props
fans5b3f5928
lvl.3
Flight distance : 113484 ft
Sweden

Great work DJI! I will probebly get the M2 when the CS is compatible, mean time I fly my MA.
2018-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules