Mavic 2 Pro & Mavic 2 Zoom Released!
34402 357 2018-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EMBE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 320118 ft
  • >>>

Just ordered the Pro Version yesterday - with lots of accessories and stuff. Can't wait to get it. Seems to be a great product   Here in Germany it seems to be 3-5 days delivery.
2018-8-24
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Impressive Drones but too Rich for me.   
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Patrick Guerrisi Posted at 2018-8-23 13:27
how do you check the device compatibility ( phone )  for the mavic 2 pro

Hi Patrick, please check the compatible list in our website: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads GTScreenshot_20180824_173328.png
2018-8-24
Use props
invasla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2859321 ft
  • >>>
Greece

For us CrystalSky owners, is the mount bracket for mavic 1 controller compatible with mavic 2 controller?
The form factor of both controllers seems the same, with the addition of extra buttons and new colour. So I suppose the crystalsky mounting bracket will fit, but not sure.

Can someone from DJI confirm this please?
Thanks
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

El_pierre Posted at 2018-8-23 11:47
Does anyone know if atti mode will be accessible on the mavic 2? I'm still in the middle of getting my licence and need to practice atti mode a lot. I would instantly buy the m2P if so.

Hi El_pierre, we still cannot select the Atti mode manually, the drone will automatically change to Atti mode when the vision systems are unavailable or disabled and when GPS signal is weak or the compass experiences interference. GTScreenshot_20180824_173911.png
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans44fe455a Posted at 2018-8-23 11:54
Does anyone know if these are available at the physical DJI stores?

Hi there, sorry that we do not have the news of the retails store, please verify with them, thank you.
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

whaleguy Posted at 2018-8-23 17:16
Can either of the new Mavic 2s take truly vertical pictures? The specs say the gimbal can pitch down to -90 degrees, but the FAQ says that vertical pictures are not possible. Which is correct?

Hi whaleguy, please refer to Dirty Bird's post in 112#, the camera of Mavic 2 is unable to rotate the full 90° to shoot vertically, but it can pan pitch down, they are not contradictory.
2018-8-24
Use props
El_pierre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1568 ft
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-24 01:39
Hi El_pierre, we still cannot select the Atti mode manually, the drone will automatically change to Atti mode when the vision systems are unavailable or disabled and when GPS signal is weak or the compass experiences interference.[view_image]

Are there any plans to integrate this in the future? This would be a big plus for many people.
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

El_pierre Posted at 2018-8-24 01:51
Are there any plans to integrate this in the future? This would be a big plus for many people.

We have no news about this, but your need will be forwarded to our engineers for attention.
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

invasla Posted at 2018-8-24 01:39
For us CrystalSky owners, is the mount bracket for mavic 1 controller compatible with mavic 2 controller?
The form factor of both controllers seems the same, with the addition of extra buttons and new colour. So I suppose the crystalsky mounting bracket will fit, but not sure.

Hi invasla, currently, the RC of Mavic Pro is not compatible with Mavic 2 and the CrystalSky is not available either, please note our website about the future release. Thank you.
2018-8-24
Use props
WickedWingman
lvl.3
United States

WickedWingman Posted at 2018-8-23 12:20
like 10:20.  i was on the app and refreshing the page.  as soon as it came up, i ordered.

Woohoo! Tracking updated! I get mine on Tuesday.
2018-8-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-24 02:03
Hi invasla, currently, the RC of Mavic Pro is not compatible with Mavic 2 and the CrystalSky is not available either, please note our website about the future release. Thank you.

I take it that CS will be available for use with M2P soon ?
2018-8-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Just got tracking , mine is in Shenzhen.
2018-8-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Apart from your good self dji Grace, it appears we cannot post a thread in this column yet.
2018-8-24
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>

EMBE Posted at 2018-8-24 01:01
Just ordered the Pro Version yesterday - with lots of accessories and stuff. Can't wait to get it. Seems to be a great product   Here in Germany it seems to be 3-5 days delivery.

Where in Germany did you buy from?
2018-8-24
Use props
DedeMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 649403 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-24 02:18
Just got tracking , mine is in Shenzhen.

What time did you order?
2018-8-24
Use props
RWJorg
lvl.2
United States

DedeMavic Posted at 2018-8-24 04:00
What time did you order?

I ordered yesterday morning, 10:40ish EST. Item shipped last night, delivery scheduled for Tues
2018-8-24
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

photofinish Posted at 2018-8-23 17:14
Mavic 2 Pro does not support Crystalsky...yet. Ordered the Mavic 2 Pro today and the Crystalsky only to get this e-mail from technical support:  "I hope this email finds you well. This is xxxxx, one of the supervisors of DJI Technical Support. I am writing to you to let you know that Crystalsky is not compatible yet with Mavic 2. Hopefully, it will become compatible in the near future as we develop new firmware for both devices.

BUMMER!

Thats a BS statement as usual for the uninformed DJI support staff.

As soon as the Android version ships you can install it on your CrystalSky.

Does not require AC FW or Controller FW or CS FW, just New Android app.
2018-8-24
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

There is a new DJI Assistant 2 version now available for the Mavic II.

Is it compatible with all my other DJI drones.

The release for the Mavic Air. Bricked mine and many others Sparks. DJI then released a new version of Assistant 2 that was compatible across their other platforms. And replaced the bricked sparks.

I have bought Both versions of the Mavic II and have downloaded the new Assistant 2 to activate them.

Can someone confirm that DJI tested this version of Assistant 2? ( with all your other drones) Would not like to brick any of my other drones. Again.

Cheers

2018-8-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DedeMavic Posted at 2018-8-24 04:00
What time did you order?

14.33 ........
2018-8-24
Use props
DedeMavic
lvl.3
  • >>>
Switzerland

RWJorg Posted at 2018-8-24 04:02
I ordered yesterday morning, 10:40ish EST. Item shipped last night, delivery scheduled for Tues

I'm jealous! I ordered before you and still not shipped... Hope mine ships soon!!!!
2018-8-24
Use props
KameronaTm
lvl.2

When will the applet updated to support it?
2018-8-24
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I think it is a good addition, although I prefer aesthetically the look of the original, not so much the size, but the raised landing gear changes the way Mavic Pro hovered and famously produced that sound of invincible bees. The new Mavic Pros do not produce that same sound nor do they look as stable hovering because there is a bigger payload. Again, great upgrades incorporated in the new version but I'd just wished they'd gotten the hovering and buzzing sounds produced identically with the new version, some things you have to sacrifice for gaining other features I guess?
2018-8-24
Use props
SkinJob2501
lvl.3

United States

Now I have to decide, Mavic Air or Mavic 2 Zoom....(Id buy a refurbished Air...) maybe the prices on the older Mavic birds will come down? I think not but there's always a glimmer of hope.
-SJ
2018-8-24
Use props
KryptoNyte
lvl.4
United States

Rblomqvist Posted at 2018-8-23 13:19
I ordered my M2Z w fly more and goggles at 1044 ET but still waiting for shipment confirmation (currently at step 3). Has anyone yet got the shipment confirmed on the M2Z? So much looking forward for this to complement my MA  Only negative is they didn't go 4k 60.

No 4k @ 60fps and the camera can't point straight down, this is very disappointing.  The 4k @ 60 was the only reason I was planning to upgrade from the good old Mavic Pro.  All these new sensors mean virtually nothing to folks who spend much of their flight time [purposely] close to other objects - or basically already know how to fly safely otherwise.
2018-8-24
Use props
DedeMavic
lvl.3
  • >>>
Switzerland

KryptoNyte Posted at 2018-8-24 06:19
No 4k @ 60fps and the camera can't point straight down, this is very disappointing.  The 4k @ 60 was the only reason I was planning to upgrade from the good old Mavic Pro.  All these new sensors mean virtually nothing to folks who spend much of their flight time  close to other objects - or basically already know how to fly safely otherwise.

I didn't know the camera can't point straight down... that's disappointing.
2018-8-24
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

DedeMavic Posted at 2018-8-24 05:06
I'm jealous! I ordered before you and still not shipped... Hope mine ships soon!!!!

I ordered Pro yesterday @ 11:03  EST ........Not shipped yet either
2018-8-24
Use props
BrockLanders
New

United States

Wow! amazing
2018-8-24
Use props
photofinish
lvl.2
United States

bjr981s Posted at 2018-8-24 04:26
Thats a BS statement as usual for the uninformed DJI support staff.

As soon as the Android version ships you can install it on your CrystalSky.

DJI Mindy confirmed this... My Pro 2 and CS get delivered next Wednesday.  I'll post my results.
2018-8-24
Use props
ckk.post
lvl.4
Denmark

Still no one can refer to real size images taken by mavic 2 pro
2018-8-24
Use props
ckk.post
lvl.4
Denmark

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-23 23:52
Hi there, DJI Care Refresh of Mavic 2 is available in our online store, please check here https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... ?from=menu_products Please note at the moment, DJI Care Refresh only works within one coverage region. DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region. Thanks for your support to DJI product.

Still no one can refer to real size images taken by mavic 2 pro
2018-8-24
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

photofinish Posted at 2018-8-24 06:52
DJI Mindy confirmed this... My Pro 2 and CS get delivered next Wednesday.  I'll post my results.

All you need is the version 4.3 APK and install that on your CS. DJI opened the CS to allow installation of any APKs a long time ago.
2018-8-24
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

RWJorg Posted at 2018-8-23 11:43
Enough reason to take a vacation !!

The problem is - my vacation plans are set for Spain, Canary Islands, which are pretty much drone-hostile. you can only fly in the deserted mountain places on the Western part of the island, the whole coastline (beaches) is off-limits, as are any populated areas (with the density of 1 house and more). And you can't share images taken from the drone, as all footage belongs to the Spanish state, with huge fines and huge fines and Spanish lawyers hunting down those daring to post their aerial images.
What was frustrating, are the motorised backpack-motor gliders that skim right over your head (literally) there. Saw a few pilots having GoPros on their helmets (flying so low you could make out the model number on the cams) - that footage is apparently legal to share.
2018-8-24
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

RWJorg Posted at 2018-8-23 07:52
BTW, your math is off. Mavic 2 Pro 907g /  Mavic 2 Zoom 905g;    Mavic Pro Platinum 734 g   - that's 173g, not 270g....

Yes, as already agreed, my math was wrong...
...but the batteries are also +57g each. So if you're used to have two extra batteries in your bag, that's additionally 114g alone for the batteries :-(
2018-8-24
Use props
Kaitlyn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70843 ft
Canada

KryptoNyte Posted at 2018-8-24 06:19
No 4k @ 60fps and the camera can't point straight down, this is very disappointing.  The 4k @ 60 was the only reason I was planning to upgrade from the good old Mavic Pro.  All these new sensors mean virtually nothing to folks who spend much of their flight time  close to other objects - or basically already know how to fly safely otherwise.

The camera can point straight down. What it can't do is ROTATE to a vertical-oriented sensor, like the mavic pro could.
2018-8-24
Use props
Shak_UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8976 ft

My order has now changed to “shipped” .. yay.
But I can’t see a tracking number ... ? ?

2018-8-24
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>

DedeMavic Posted at 2018-8-24 05:06

US priority #1 nation, UK perhaps #2
No love for those of us in Asia unless you know someone in DJI or live near those DJI flagship stores in China, Hong Kong and Seoul
15-20 business days shipping to Singapore which is 3.5h by air from Hong Kong....

2018-8-24
Use props
Repulse
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68501 ft
United States

Shak_UK Posted at 2018-8-24 08:44
My order has now changed to “shipped” .. yay.
But I can’t see a tracking number ... ? ?

You should get your tracking number in a couple hours. I got mines after 3-4 hours of the shipping status. They are shipping it from Shenzhen, China.
2018-8-24
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

BumblerBee Posted at 2018-8-24 07:57
The problem is - my vacation plans are set for Spain, Canary Islands, which are pretty much drone-hostile. you can only fly in the deserted mountain places on the Western part of the island, the whole coastline (beaches) is off-limits, as are any populated areas (with the density of 1 house and more). And you can't share images taken from the drone, as all footage belongs to the Spanish state, with huge fines and huge fines and Spanish lawyers hunting down those daring to post their aerial images.
What was frustrating, are the motorised backpack-motor gliders that skim right over your head (literally) there. Saw a few pilots having GoPros on their helmets (flying so low you could make out the model number on the cams) - that footage is apparently legal to share.

BumblerBee, that's not true.Your footage is yours to keep (provided is for recreational use).You only have to respect some privacy laws which are based on common sense.
Please be aware the DJI GEO's app is totally useless as being outdated and incomplete.
You can find the real NFZs on this link: https://drones.enaire.es/
Being in spanish, let me know if you need help with the translation.
I posted a thread about this issue here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-162974-1-1.html
Truth is that Canary are invaded by tourists and consequently drones and outbreakers are chased.
Wish you a nice holiday and happy flights.
2018-8-24
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

WickedWingman Posted at 2018-8-23 10:06
surprised to already have my shipping notification.  Tracking obviously doesn't work yet.

The shipping location is most likely running the labels in batches of 100 or more.

That causes the shipping notification......the tracking starts when the master tracking label is scanned.....then the individual tracking starts when your package hits the belt and the first real scan.

Randy
2018-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules