Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Pro & Mavic 2 Zoom Released!
33580 357 2018-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alecela
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37024 ft
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-24 00:07
Currently, the RC of Mavic Pro is not available with Mavic 2. However, it will be possible soon. Appreciate your attention and patience.

Wow this is GREAT news!   I'll get to re-use my remote from Mavic Pro which is left after I lost my MP.    Can't wait.  Tx.
2018-8-24
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93379 ft

That is quite some advert!
2018-8-24
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

15matjan Posted at 2018-8-24 09:18
BumblerBee, that's not true.Your footage is yours to keep (provided is for recreational use).You only have to respect some privacy laws which are based on common sense.
Please be aware the DJI GEO's app is totally useless as being outdated and incomplete.
You can find the real NFZs on this link: https://drones.enaire.es/

Thank you for the links and the update. I'll take a closer look (I understand some Spanish).
I've read quite a few scare stories about Spanish drone rules to leave my Mavic back home on previous occasions. As for the Canaries and, specifically, Garn Canaria - the maps that I studied earlier showed most of the Eastern and Southern coast being NFZ - either because of the vicinity of the airport, beaches (Maspalomas) or in the case of South - a military restricted zone just off the coast.
2018-8-24
Use props
Elanor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 332405 ft
Italy

Repulse Posted at 2018-8-23 07:13
haha I am in the same situation as you. I am already brainstorming what kind of lame excuse I will tell my wife to justify the purchase. I am thinking of "Happy Birthday" to my wife since her birthday is coming soon or Merry Christmas gift. My latest excuse for purchasing gadgets is that I see it as an investment that has a potential to earn income

It’s funny because I am the wife and I was the one who purchased the Mavic Pro 2 literally 30 minutes after the start of the presentation. I textext my husband something like 26 times (he complained also about this
2018-8-24
Use props
Elanor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 332405 ft
Italy

Elanor Posted at 2018-8-24 09:50
It’s funny because I am the wife and I was the one who purchased the Mavic Pro 2 literally 30 minutes after the start of the presentation. I textext my husband something like 26 times (he complained also about this

It’s funny because I am the wife and I was the one who purchased the Mavic Pro 2 literally 30 minutes after the start of the presentation. I texted my husband something like 26 times (he complained also about this ) but unfortunately, he was in a meeting and he didn’t get any message until it was too late. I have two different excuses though. The first one is: I asked for the permission and you didn’t say no. The second one is about weight. Since we share the burden of carrying around heavy photographic equipment ( and apparently he takes the most of it), switching from the Phantom Pro to the Mavic 2 Pro will reduce his burden by at least one kilo... or maybe mine... but don’t tell him!
2018-8-24
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Norway

15matjan Posted at 2018-8-24 09:18
BumblerBee, that's not true.Your footage is yours to keep (provided is for recreational use).You only have to respect some privacy laws which are based on common sense.
Please be aware the DJI GEO's app is totally useless as being outdated and incomplete.
You can find the real NFZs on this link: https://drones.enaire.es/

PS to my previous reply:

Operación: Recreativo | VLOS o FPV | Con fotografía | 250gr<2Kg | Diurno | Fuera de edificaciones y personas |
¿Va a realizar un vuelo sobre edificaciones o personas? Vuelo en zonas fuera de aglomeraciones de edificios en ciudades, pueblos o lugares habitados o de reuniones de personas al aire libre.

This basically excludes a lot of interesting flying places and leaves only mountainous barrancas.

And the NFZ is still what I saw before. The four light-yellow boxes are zones with restricted aeral photography (as of February 2016) [having a mobile phone on a very long stick is presumably OK]. The irregular areas in the East are assorted natuarl reserved and bird reserves. The only places where you can fly, are the two tiny grey areas in the East and the South-East of the island.

NFZ GC.PNG
2018-8-24
Use props
WspChim
lvl.1
Flight distance : 746257 ft
United States

Mattmark Posted at 2018-8-23 06:58
anyone know how the Pro will work with a circular polarizer?

I see no mention of card compatibility.  What is the recommended card speed and maximum card size?
2018-8-24
Use props
LinikerLL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 907520 ft
Brazil

Im with you haha
2018-8-24
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Norway

WspChim Posted at 2018-8-24 10:21
I see no mention of card compatibility.  What is the recommended card speed and maximum card size?

From the manual, page38:

Storing the Photos and Videos
The Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom comes with 8 GB of internal storage and also supports the use of a microSD
card to store your photos and videos. A UHS-I Speed Grade 3 rating microSD card is required due to
the fast read and write speeds necessary for high-resolution video data.
2018-8-24
Use props
Roy.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5435299 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Having just read every single post on this thread and after watching a few YouTube videos I Just ordered the Pro and fly more kit, really looking forward to flying it.
2018-8-24
Use props
Twirlip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2461545 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-24 02:03
Hi invasla, currently, the RC of Mavic Pro is not compatible with Mavic 2 and the CrystalSky is not available either, please note our website about the future release. Thank you.

Ah, this is really disappointing.  Was eagerly about to order a Mavic 2, but incompatibility with CrystalSky is a deal-breaker for me.  I guess I'll have to wait.  :-(

I assume there's no idea of when this support might be added, or it would have been already announced.
2018-8-24
Use props
Twirlip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2461545 ft
United States

Kaitlyn Posted at 2018-8-24 08:19
The camera can point straight down. What it can't do is ROTATE to a vertical-oriented sensor, like the mavic pro could.

Really?  That's disturbing, I really count on the ability to rotate the sensor vertically to be able to capture wider vertical angles.

Source for this?  I see lots of people here commenting "can't point straight down", is this a confused topic?  Does anyone know where can I find a reference that can definitively state, 1. whether the sensor can rotate to vertical orientation for "portrait" rather than "landscape" shots, and 2. can it in fact point straight down, and if it can't, how close can it get?
2018-8-24
Use props
Roy.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5435299 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Twirlip Posted at 2018-8-24 11:20
Really?  That's disturbing, I really count on the ability to rotate the sensor vertically to be able to capture wider vertical angles.

Source for this?  I see lots of people here commenting "can't point straight down", is this a confused topic?  Does anyone know where can I find a reference that can definitively state, 1. whether the sensor can rotate to vertical orientation for "portrait" rather than "landscape" shots, and 2. can it in fact point straight down, and if it can't, how close can it get?

I would like to know the answers to this too. Thanks.
2018-8-24
Use props
Kaitlyn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70843 ft
Canada

Roy. Posted at 2018-8-24 11:31
I would like to know the answers to this too. Thanks.

From DJI FAQ:

Why can't the Mavic 2's gimbal shoot vertically as the Mavic Pro does?
The Mavic 2's gimbal structure is optimized for increased stiffness, meaning that the camera is unable to rotate the full 90° needed to shoot vertically. However, you can choose the Vertical Mode in Panorama to get a stitched vertical photo.
2018-8-24
Use props
Repulse
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68501 ft
United States

Elanor Posted at 2018-8-24 09:58
It’s funny because I am the wife and I was the one who purchased the Mavic Pro 2 literally 30 minutes after the start of the presentation. I texted my husband something like 26 times (he complained also about this ) but unfortunately, he was in a meeting and he didn’t get any message until it was too late. I have two different excuses though. The first one is: I asked for the permission and you didn’t say no. The second one is about weight. Since we share the burden of carrying around heavy photographic equipment ( and apparently he takes the most of it), switching from the Phantom Pro to the Mavic 2 Pro will reduce his burden by at least one kilo... or maybe mine... but don’t tell him!

haha! My wife will be mad at me because she got me the Mavic pro for my birthday last year. I have not told her yet that I bought a new drone but I just secretly ordered her a Note 9 so she won't be as mad at me Unfortunately the new drone will arrive a day before the Note 9. So I hope the delivery guy come here after she leaves for work. Once I get the phone, I can finally face the wrath of my wife with a slight confidence in me not dying from her death stare.
2018-8-24
Use props
fansfcc89423
lvl.2
United States

KryptoNyte Posted at 2018-8-24 06:19
No 4k @ 60fps and the camera can't point straight down, this is very disappointing.  The 4k @ 60 was the only reason I was planning to upgrade from the good old Mavic Pro.  All these new sensors mean virtually nothing to folks who spend much of their flight time  close to other objects - or basically already know how to fly safely otherwise.

the camera on the the mavic 2 zoom/pro can point strait down and also 30*up.
2018-8-24
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310489 ft
United Arab Emirates

Congratulations for DJI fans this new innovative release ,everything related to the  gimble system and camera looks perfect  but what about firmware and DJI Go app , any thing new ?I hope they can implement new firmware as well
2018-8-24
Use props
fans5aee5495
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It can point down ! -90° +30° from horizontal. If people don't like it don't buy it, I bought it M2P, should be here in the UK on Tuesday.
2018-8-24
Use props
yozo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 799944 ft
Bulgaria

From the YouTube reviews and samples image seems soft, much softer than P4P and MP, likely DJI had lots of issues putting that large senson behind a small lens
2018-8-24
Use props
ImaneFadir
lvl.3

Morocco

I just wrote a Dji Mavic 2 Pro Review.

I hope you will like it!

Please share with me your opinion...
2018-8-24
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 4522884 ft
  • >>>
Italy

wuaoo finally arrived ... congrats dji Mavic 2
this new, or better, these new drones are fantastic ...

I hoped my wish was accepted - Hyperlapse -

I asked the administrators, this function here on the dji forum ... because using this function with the Osmo, in a very simple way ...
I was wondering ... why a dji drone can not do it? ...

now with these two new models, complete with sensors - Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing -
the drone is able to do  this and many other things ...
ensuring a high level of safety in the air ...

obviously, flying automatically is never considered a 100% safe flight ...
especially by the many flight control authorities and aeronautical legislation ...

we must constantly follow the drone and be able to take control if necessary ... VLOS

but I think this model is good enough to not give these problems ...

anyway , Hyperlapse - finally arrived on drones
thanks DJI

in my opinion, another very important factor, especially for a drone of this size,
is the possibility to adjust the opening ... f / 2.8 - f / 11

this function will soon be much appreciated by everyone

when we raise our aircraft in the air ... the lighting conditions change totally ...
it remains difficult to guess the right nd filter first ...
moreover it is never an optimal solution, perfectly right ...

this function will allow you to always create very professional videos, with the set desired by the operator ...

I think we will be able to create a very smooth product and also with low or high light conditions ...

in a short word ... perfect ...

yesterday I was at the dji store in Rome , Italy ...
he is an authorized DJI dealer ...
there are also others with these characteristics ...
but I feel good with those guys ...
and I say it ... I never have  a discount ...
I say it because it's true ... they're good

anyway ... I found many other passionate people like me ...

during the presentation of these two new models  Mavic 2 ...
it seemed as if DJI had fulfilled many or almost all the wishes of the users ...

to do this, dji will certainly have done a great job ...
I mean a great job, side by side with many professionals of this sector ...
they have listened to their requests, their advice ...
collaborated together to realize these functions on a drone of this size and so ultra portable ...

it also made these functions easy to use
for all ... professionals and enthusiasts

it does not have to be easy, because it's not just a camera  ... but a camera on  an airplane ...

about camera ...

strategic alliance with Hasselblad ...
a quality image icon ... yes it's true ...

in fact 1 "CMOS Sensor ... iso 12800 range
D-Log color profile
HDR video
I repeat adjustable opening ...

then the Zoom version ...

another great added value ...
2x ... optical and 2x without loss ...
so much stuff ...

and here dji helps ... autofocus optimized and improved for zoom use ...

stabilization through gimbal ... also with zoom ...
this must be extremely optimized for this zoom ...

super resolution photography reaches up to 48 Megapixels

hiper light to photograph in low light without losing detail

h.265 codec ... I use it with the phantom4 pro
I can see  the difference in post production
but it need to have  a good processor ...
in any case it is the future

ocusync 2.0 video transmission -
another technology that reduces latency times

longer battery life and less noise

Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing-
the light below? boys ...
I really like this ...
guarantees a safe landing even with low brightness ...

often I happened to fly at sunset ... and land at the dark light  or almost dark ...

of course the drone gave me a warning signal of poor light for the sensors ...

I think this problem is partly solved

- the way point - implemented in the dji go app

but of course ... then there are others people who wanted  dolly zoom, maybe asteroid ...
I for example hyperlapse ..

in short, this drone contains many exceptional features,
which before, "exaggerating" ... I found in the inspire  ....
or anyway in the phantom 4 pro ...

now I find this incredible
they are all included in this Mavic 2

and there are other new ones ... more

I honestly like ...
I also agree on the price ...

I'm not a rich person ...

but to compare a photographic camera with these characteristics,
mounted on a drone with these functions, technologies, innovations ....

so I think it's acceptable ...

even if I have to put aside a little more money ...

I hope soon I can admire and try this new jewel ...

AirButterflyDrone.com
2018-8-24
Use props
lifeofpiluckan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131309 ft
South Africa

vdh Posted at 2018-8-23 13:49
it is on the djigo4  app today but only useable on mav2 so far

Hopefully it will come through to the rest as well eventually!
2018-8-24
Use props
DedeMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 649403 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

fans5aee5495 Posted at 2018-8-24 12:33
It can point down ! -90° +30° from horizontal. If people don't like it don't buy it, I bought it M2P, should be here in the UK on Tuesday.

Perfect! Love that it can also point up. Can't wait for mine to ship...
2018-8-24
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>

Can someone from DJI explain  this? I only noticed the note after ordering. "DJI Goggles RE can only connect to the Mavic 2 with firmware 01.00.0600 or above via DJI Assistant 2 on a computer. Firmware 01.00.0600 will be launched at the end of August, 2018. Please stay tuned." Is this firmware out? Does it mean I can only hook them up when I use assistant 2 when booting up with a laptop? Its seams odd to me. Besides ordering this combo yesterday morning, nothing shipped and I hope ordering the googles combo, fly more and some I2 batteries isn't causing the postponement in shipping my order becase of some incompadibilty or bo of kits.. it said 1-3 days so I maybe just paranoid.  My I2 warranty of 1 battery last year took almost 3 months to process so it has me worrying.

2018-8-24
Use props
KameronaTm
lvl.1

I placed my order while the event was still going on but it hasnt shipped yet because I didnt notice that the extra battery said 1-3 days to ship... should have entered separate orders
2018-8-24
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13875118 ft
  • >>>
United States

ImaneFadir Posted at 2018-8-24 12:57
I just wrote a Dji Mavic 2 Pro Review.

I hope you will like it!

That is not a review, that is a product desription.
For a review you may want to get ahold of the drone.

So who was it who did the copy + paste?
http://gearopen.com/gears/dji-mavic-2-pro-and-mavic-2-zoom-everything-you-need-to-know-3-83690/
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI_Grau
lvl.1
United States

How long has everyone waited between “shipped” coming up on your order and getting a tracking number? Its been 9 hours for me and still nothing.
2018-8-24
Use props
KryptoNyte
lvl.4
United States

fans5aee5495 Posted at 2018-8-24 12:33
It can point down ! -90° +30° from horizontal. If people don't like it don't buy it, I bought it M2P, should be here in the UK on Tuesday.

Yeah, I got that concept from an earlier post/correction.  So, it can basically do what the Mavic Pro can do (or rather ... it can't spin the camera for Portrait style media), but it has some extra sensors.  Certainly worthy of spending another $1500 <laughs>.
2018-8-24
Use props
Appalachian Aerials
lvl.3
United States

Why can't we just have left/right obstacle avoidance in all Flight Modes? Tripod Mode is basically when I LEAST need it, since I'm already being extremely careful, and I'm usually using that when I've got a line-of-sight on it (taking up-close pictures of buildings).
2018-8-24
Use props
Roland Schulz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2166962 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Also ordered a M2P with Fly More Kit, also ordered an additional 4th battery.
Copter and FMK is already shipped, ETA is monday if DHL is right
2018-8-24
Use props
Jamesjts
lvl.2
Flight distance : 916578 ft
United States

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2018-8-24 15:00
Can someone from DJI explain  this? I only noticed the note after ordering. "DJI Goggles RE can only connect to the Mavic 2 with firmware 01.00.0600 or above via DJI Assistant 2 on a computer. Firmware 01.00.0600 will be launched at the end of August, 2018. Please stay tuned." Is this firmware out? Does it mean I can only hook them up when I use assistant 2 when booting up with a laptop? Its seams odd to me. Besides ordering this combo yesterday morning, nothing shipped and I hope ordering the googles combo, fly more and some I2 batteries isn't causing the postponement in shipping my order becase of some incompadibilty or bo of kits.. it said 1-3 days so I maybe just paranoid.  My I2 warranty of 1 battery last year took almost 3 months to process so it has me worrying.

I too have RE's. My understanding is MP2 currently does not work withnRE at all but will when update is put out at end of month. In order to install the updates you will need to use the assistant 2 (a newer version) on a pc and connect the RE tomit
2018-8-24
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Robothamster Posted at 2018-8-23 07:03
Both look good, but I'll wait for the Mavic 3 that has a 1" Hasselblad Camera with 2x Optical Zoom

And 4K/60fps
2018-8-24
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>

Jamesjts Posted at 2018-8-24 17:00
I too have RE's. My understanding is MP2 currently does not work withnRE at all but will when update is put out at end of month. In order to install the updates you will need to use the assistant 2 (a newer version) on a pc and connect the RE tomit

So it sounds we may need to install update on the RE goggles with assistant 2. M2 can get it's updates like any thing else since P4, either way.
2018-8-24
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>

Funny, It didn't show a update was available fo me on the play store, I had to download it from the dji page.. done now, just need my M2 to try it.
2018-8-24
Use props
EMBE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 320118 ft
  • >>>
Germany

CineView Media Posted at 2018-8-24 03:58
Where in Germany did you buy from?

Directly from dji
2018-8-24
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

BumblerBee Posted at 2018-8-24 10:15
PS to my previous reply:

Operación: Recreativo | VLOS o FPV | Con fotografía | 250gr

The light yellow areas in N are some NOTAM areas and you could still fly in, except for the hours NOTAM is valid and, of course only in the areas not overlaping with other NFZs.
NW of the island there is a NFZ of Helipuerto de ARTENARA. You can previously ask for coordination and clearance on the helliport and they usually will give it to you.You are not allowed to fly that zone without previous coordination with the helliport, provided you have it, you can fly.
The western part of GC you can fly and, SW there is also a NFZ whose non-overlaping part with other NFZs has the same situation: provided previous coordination and clearance from AERODROMO DE EL BERRIEL (GCLB) you'll be able to fly.

Eastern half of GC- no chance because of the CTR.

I'm not familiar with GC, hope this will help you and find enough nice places to fly. Seems SW part there is no natural park.
I know it is not too much, but still almost half piece of the cake...I went recently from a Morocco holiday where drones are not allowed at all.They chase the drones more than drugs; right from the landin where there are X-rays scanners for the luggage to detect any intent of introducing drones in the country...
A real pitty because they have stunning landscapes...

Should you need more info about recreational drone use in SPAIN, have a look at AESA's video: USE OF DRONES IN SPAIN (RECREATIONAL)

2018-8-24
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>

ckk.post Posted at 2018-8-24 06:53
Still no one can refer to real size images taken by mavic 2 pro

Toms Techtime have them all....
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-24 02:17
I take it that CS will be available for use with M2P soon ?

We have no more news about this, let's pay attention to our website about the future update.
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ckk.post Posted at 2018-8-24 06:53
Still no one can refer to real size images taken by mavic 2 pro

Hi ckk.post, we have forwarded your need to our engineers to see if the samples can be uploaded to our website for reference.
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Shak_UK Posted at 2018-8-24 08:44
My order has now changed to “shipped” .. yay.
But I can’t see a tracking number ... ? ?

Hi there, it will take some time to generate the tracking number, please note the email later.
2018-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules