Mavic 2 Pro & Mavic 2 Zoom Released!
34335 357 2018-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WickedWingman
lvl.3

Oh man! Just took my maiden flight. I always knew the spark was trash, but damn. This is a totally different world. The RC link is fantastic. It's so much faster than the spark. Coming from FPV racing, it's still not "fast" but it's perfect as an AP platform. Absolutely loving it!
2018-8-27
Use props
Dday408
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33235 ft
United States

I just purchased a Mavic 2 Pro online this afternoon 8/27 and got an email about the DJI Select at the bottom of the email receipt about 20 minutes later.  I thought it's a great deal to purchase this $30 program so I can go ahead and purchase some extra batteries.  NOTHING works with this program!  DJI should not have sent out this program to Mavic 2 Pro buyers.  This is like a bait and switch scam now.  The principal is wrong.  I chatted with this tech support person Mario online and he said the DJI Select may work for Mavic 2 Pro accessories in the future.  Future he said!   Can someone at DJI honestly tell me how this FUTURE membership work for an upfront payment?  I need someone to just cancel and refund me this non-sense purchase.  It's not about the $30, it's not right to run this scam-like program.
2018-8-27
Use props
fans4a1fe914
lvl.1
Australia

So DJI ... Whats the go with gimbals falling off on the M2P .. Some answers to this would be good.. Hopefully it was a one off thing ..
2018-8-27
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

YES
today my Mavic pro 2 with flymore about DJI Select will be delivered!!!
Ordered during the DJI presentation  so it took 5 days! Coming now from UK.
2018-8-27
Use props
Iman_Oldie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125 ft
  • >>>
Australia

alecela Posted at 2018-8-23 08:28
Are the remote on Mavic pro and Mavic 2 pro same/compatible?   I still have the remote from MP and would be great if I can use it for two person control on the M2P...

I just watched a review and I'd be more interested to know if DJI will release a controller that doesn't require a phone or tablet and has DJI Go 4 built in. If so when?
2018-8-28
Use props
Digital DJI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12999 ft

Hi DJI Mindy,
Please could you advise for me the following question.
I ordered The Mavic 2 Pro and Fly More pack on 2 separate orders on Friday.
I ordered based on both showing on the DJI store as "Estimated delivery time: 3-5 working days after payment confirmation." so I was hoping they would arrive by the end of this week.
The orders are both showing payment success and just checking the store both are still showing as "Estimated delivery time: 3-5 working days after payment confirmation."
Can you please confirm this is still the case with the delivery or are the store estimated delivery times incorrect.
Thank you
John
2018-8-28
Use props
JordanM
lvl.4
United States

Mavic Pro 2 Fly More combo and comparison! Ordered 20 minutes into release and was delivered yesterday already!
2018-8-28
Use props
DedeMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 649403 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Twirlip Posted at 2018-8-27 14:40
So, I was looking at some sample Mavic 2 Pro pictures from here:
https://www.tomstechtime.com/mavicpro2

Maybe the picture was taken with a high aperture? 2.8 maybe? Maybe a lower aperture would result in everything being in focus? Can you check the aperture from the original file if you have it?
2018-8-28
Use props
DedeMavic
lvl.3
  • >>>
Switzerland

Digital DJI Posted at 2018-8-28 00:40
Hi DJI Mindy,
Please could you advise for me the following question.
I ordered The Mavic 2 Pro and Fly More pack on 2 separate orders on Friday.

I'm in the same situation. The estimated times still show 3-5 days but order is not being shipped. I ordered during the live event on Thursday.
2018-8-28
Use props
Corvus monedula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3550594 ft
Poland

DedeMavic Posted at 2018-8-28 03:34
Maybe the picture was taken with a high aperture? 2.8 maybe? Maybe a lower aperture would result in everything being in focus? Can you check the aperture from the original file if you have it?

That one was shot at f/4.5, not quite wide open.
2018-8-28
Use props
Corvus monedula
lvl.4
Poland

DedeMavic Posted at 2018-8-28 03:35
I'm in the same situation. The estimated times still show 3-5 days but order is not being shipped. I ordered during the live event on Thursday.

I would expect that european orders are shipped from Europe (probably Netherlands) and are not yet there. Is that true?
Anyway I'm obviously in  the same situation.
2018-8-28
Use props
FiShBuRn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Corvus monedula Posted at 2018-8-28 04:37
I would expect that european orders are shipped from Europe (probably Netherlands) and are not yet there. Is that true?
Anyway I'm obviously in  the same situation.

They are shipped from China too...
2018-8-28
Use props
Corvus monedula
lvl.4
Poland

FiShBuRn Posted at 2018-8-28 04:45
They are shipped from China too...

Then I have no idea how they're supposed to reach us by Thursday  if they're still not shipped :-(
2018-8-28
Use props
DedeMavic
lvl.3
  • >>>
Switzerland

Corvus monedula Posted at 2018-8-28 05:06
Then I have no idea how they're supposed to reach us by Thursday  if they're still not shipped :-(

I wonder if they're taking a different approach for certain countries in Europe. I see that some people in Germany and the UK received their drones directly from China. But a few other people that ordered from other European countries haven't had the drones shipped yet. Even though it says 3-5 working days. For those that ordered last Thursday, we should be receiving them by Thursday. Not sure if it'll happen though.
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DedeMavic Posted at 2018-8-27 04:41
Hi Mindy,

Could you also please check mine? I placed the order during the live event and it still hasn't shipped. Will send you a PM now.

Hi DedeMavic, I have replied your PM, please check, thanks.
2018-8-28
Use props
fans87f07a95
lvl.1

United States

StigNygaard Posted at 2018-8-23 06:58
Nice features and has not grown so much in size as I feared.
But unfortunately gained 270g of extra weight compared to first Mavic generation :-(
I hope DJI's next challenge will be to implement the same features into a drone of both same size and weight as the first generation Mavics....

The extra weight will probably help with stability, and it certainly has not hurt the flying time as the pro 2 has 1-4 minutes flying time than the original pro
2018-8-28
Use props
Corvus monedula
lvl.4
Poland

For anyone looking for sample DNG-s from M2P – there are another few in the “first impressions review” at https://www.imaging-resource.com ... the-dji-mavic-2-pro
2018-8-28
Use props
amriphoto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

Just received my mavic pro 2 - ordered about 10 minutes after the presentation started. Living in Austria/Europe.
2018-8-28
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

wow yeah !!!
2018-8-28
Use props
spazzbecker
lvl.2

Hi Guys
Got a quick question
Will the new Mavic 2 in active track follow a skier down the mountain and keep the same distance from the skier when started at the top (so changes elevation as tracking the subject)
Also
Will DJI ever create an accessory that the Mavic would track so that you don't need the controller?
2018-8-28
Use props
djiuser_C31SV9H5Otje
lvl.2
Flight distance : 508652 ft

spazzbecker Posted at 2018-8-28 08:39
Hi Guys
Got a quick question
Will the new Mavic 2 in active track follow a skier down the mountain and keep the same distance from the skier when started at the top (so changes elevation as tracking the subject)

If you use litchi you can download litchi magic leash on your phone (not device connected to controller) and you can have it follow around the phone in your pocket. (Example I have my iPad running litchi connected to my controller, I have magic leash on my phone that I keep on my person and litchi can track my phone's gps)
2018-8-28
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Great
the Mavic pro2 arrived this morning 10.00 am Germany, Europe
I ordered during the presentation..it came from UK.
Firmwareupdate requierd..but problems with android S7 which is comatible...transmission problems..
then I tried with Ipad mini2 (IOS) and it worked well..
Did a short fly..in 4k 25p   Video was Ok but there is a edge flickering like at my AIR since this last 400 update..
hope DJI wil eleminate that big problem...check tomorrow 2.7k 50p
JPG Fotos are not very good ...but thes Fotos of the Air where not good even Fotos of my Phantom 4 pro are also not good
only way to use DNG and postproduction then its ok but not more...
I had expected much more from Hasselblad cam...but I think ist sony chip....
And duruing gearing leftside and then stop...Gimbal gears further on slowly..this problem i habve had with my AIR too
it was repaired by software update
it stays exciting hope there are no mor bugs
2018-8-28
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>

Can't wait to get mine.
2018-8-28
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61184 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got my Pro in today. Zoom showing up tomorrow.. annoyed I have to buy one for a good camera and one for good features. Probably in six months they will release the ONE drone that does both, making my two worthless. That's the DJI way.  Also, When are they going to realize a lot of people don't want to take their phones out of the case and risk damaging the phone that costs almost as much as the drone. MAKE A CONTROLLER THAT ACCOMMODATES PHONE CASES!!!!
2018-8-28
Use props
fans87f07a95
lvl.1

United States

Ordered my 2 pro 10 minutes into the launch, but the same as most, mine more than five days later still shows it in Shenzen China despite allegedly being dispatched.
2018-8-29
Use props
Elanor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 332405 ft
Italy

It has finally arrived! I order the M2P at the end of the launch event, the 23th and it was delivered today, the 29th. The funny thing is that there wasn't any update from DHL since yesterday when it magically appeared in the UK. I wasn't expecting a delivery today at all, and in less than 24h it went through Germany, arrived in Venice and 3 hour later was at my door. Unfortunately, I'm at the office now, but my husband sent me the photo of the external cardboard box - he's not allowed to open it, I have dibs on the unboxing!
My last meeting today finishes at 17:30... will I endure this last wait? I doubt it!
2018-8-29
Use props
DedeMavic
lvl.3
  • >>>
Switzerland

Elanor Posted at 2018-8-29 02:05
It has finally arrived! I order the M2P at the end of the launch event, the 23th and it was delivered today, the 29th. The funny thing is that there wasn't any update from DHL since yesterday when it magically appeared in the UK. I wasn't expecting a delivery today at all, and in less than 24h it went through Germany, arrived in Venice and 3 hour later was at my door. Unfortunately, I'm at the office now, but my husband sent me the photo of the external cardboard box - he's not allowed to open it, I have dibs on the unboxing!
My last meeting today finishes at 17:30... will I endure this last wait? I doubt it!

Great news! So the package arrived without any heads up from DHL?!? Nice surprise!!!
2018-8-29
Use props
Shak_UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8976 ft

How long does it take to deliver to UK once departed from Shenzhen?
Mine departed Shenzhen on 27th August 20:15 and the status hasn't changed since?!?!
2018-8-29
Use props
fans87f07a95
lvl.1

United States

Shak_UK Posted at 2018-8-29 03:40
How long does it take to deliver to UK once departed from Shenzhen?
Mine departed Shenzhen on 27th August 20:15 and the status hasn't changed since?!?!

From what Ive read here, you wont see an update, it will arrive at your door unexpected.
2018-8-29
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

What you think of the new Mavic 2 series.....
mavic 2 crashed.jpeg    mavic 2 crashed-1.jpeg    mavic 2 crashed-2.jpeg

2018-8-29
Use props
pjollain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106093 ft
Belgium

That's bad... But I don't understand the link between the 2 events. Did the gimbal cause the crash, or was it just because you didn't see anymore where you were?
2018-8-30
Use props
fans87f07a95
lvl.1

United States

Contacted DHL today to find out where my drone had got too. Found out that DJI shipped thousands of drones in one single container, so many people had the same shipping number. Im from the UK and DHL told me that the container had arrived at Luton airport this morning, and that once the individual drones had been unpacked from the container, the shipping label numbers would change and be active, so im expecting mine in the next 24 hours.
2018-8-30
Use props
Corvus monedula
lvl.4
Poland

DJI store claims estimated delivery time 3-5 working days and the order shipped from Shenzen on day 5. Not an accurate estimation!
And that's only for the Mavic itself, none of the accessories is shipped. Care Refresh also displays “Will come later” (WTF?)
2018-8-30
Use props
rikk08
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Does anyone know if the shoulder bag from the mavic pro 1 will fit the mavic pro 2?
2018-8-30
Use props
Shak_UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8976 ft

fans87f07a95 Posted at 2018-8-30 04:39
Contacted DHL today to find out where my drone had got too. Found out that DJI shipped thousands of drones in one single container, so many people had the same shipping number. Im from the UK and DHL told me that the container had arrived at Luton airport this morning, and that once the individual drones had been unpacked from the container, the shipping label numbers would change and be active, so im expecting mine in the next 24 hours.

Thanks for the update. Hoping mine is in that container as apparently it left Shenzhen on Monday
2018-8-30
Use props
SotirisT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 708448 ft
Greece

Corvus monedula Posted at 2018-8-30 05:09
DJI store claims estimated delivery time 3-5 working days and the order shipped from Shenzen on day 5. Not an accurate estimation!
And that's only for the Mavic itself, none of the accessories is shipped. Care Refresh also displays “Will come later” (WTF?)

The DJI Care refresh will be "shipped" to you 1-2 days before the drone is delivered to you. You will not need it before that anyway...
S
2018-8-30
Use props
DannyT1661
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Very excited for my first drone. Ordered on Tuesday evening (UK) after a lot of reading and watching. My order changed to partially shipped earlier today, hoping to see something soon!
2018-8-30
Use props
vdh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 193786 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Corvus monedula Posted at 2018-8-30 05:09
DJI store claims estimated delivery time 3-5 working days and the order shipped from Shenzen on day 5. Not an accurate estimation!
And that's only for the Mavic itself, none of the accessories is shipped. Care Refresh also displays “Will come later” (WTF?)

got mine after 3 days,original shipping was 8 days,I'm pretty impressed
2018-8-30
Use props
fans87f07a95
lvl.1

United States

Mine has an update now, expecting delivery before 4pm, DHL updates are live now.
2018-8-31
Use props
fans24758970
lvl.1

Réunion

Hi, I ordered a mavic 2 pro and the combo pack on Thursday 23rd, but I still haven't received my DHL tracking number. In order tracking it went several times from paid to shipped, then shipped to paid. I don't understand. It's been more than five days. I live on Reunion Island, a French department in the Indian Ocean.
2018-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules