Using Google Glass as FPV Headset
2044 0 2015-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
travisallen02
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone used Google Glass in their FPV setup as a headset? I happen to have a pair and have been trying to figure out a way to make it happen for a while. I have tried finding apps that will stream a live feed to the Glass with little success (there are many apps that will send the Glass' live camera feed to the internet). I have also tried sideloading the Android DJI Vision app (a longshot) onto the Glass itself with no success.

I think the easiest way to do it would be to screencast my iPhone to the Glass device. I can also get an HDMI signal of the live video feed, I would just need a way to convert the HDMI signal to be able to liveview it with the Glass. Lastly, I know that I could strap my cell phone onto the Phantom in order to get it to work, but that is not what I wish to do (my company has a solution that does two way audio-video with Google Glass).

Please don't respond and ask why I would do this or tell me there are better solutions. I have a free pair of Google Glass at my disposal and think it would be pretty cool to get this to work. I have seen other people around the Internet talking about this setup, but no clear instances of success with an explanation. Does anyone have a solution to my problem? Or has anyone done this before?
2015-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules