Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Will The Mavic 2 Pro be rated for below zero?
730 15 2018-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Before I can buy one I need to know in the owner manual/specifications it states its operating range. I don't see this info online yet.. Only DJI product to date is Inspire 2, in Canada they require operating temerature as per manufacture.
2018-8-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, we appreciate your time bringing this query to us. You may check the operating range on the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom manuals on our website. Just to Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom page and look for downloads and there you can download the PDF file. For reference, please see the attached image below. Thanks for your support.

2018-8-23
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

That moment when someone asks about operating temperature range and answer is given in metres and for obstacle avoidance...

Sometimes, I really wonder if these administrators are real people or just chatbots... as this answer when phrase matching kicks in (operating range) without any deeper understanding of the question really suggests some kind of automation instead of a human.
2018-8-23
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-8-23 09:08
That moment when someone asks about operating temperature range and answer is given in metres and for obstacle avoidance...

Sometimes, I really wonder if these administrators are real people or just chatbots... as this answer when phrase matching kicks in (operating range) without any deeper understanding of the question really suggests some kind of automation instead of a human.

I know right, replied in the same minute.. But I googled it didn't see it on the page still.. Found the manual its -10.
2018-8-23
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

It's ok, it did help lol.
2018-8-23
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe they said -10 degrees
2018-8-23
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Given a large chunk of the press event was by a climber testing it in Greenland at 0F i guess it works ok...
2018-8-23
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

How can I delete this post got answer.
2018-8-23
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

He didn't sttate temperature until the last few words.... A reasonable mistake for DJI Natalia to make......
2018-8-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

lolders Posted at 2018-8-23 09:09
I know right, replied in the same minute.. But I googled it didn't see it on the page still.. Found the manual its -10.

Hi, I do apologize for the confusion. I just want to clarify, are we talking about the operating temperature range? The operating temperature range is -10C - 40C. You may check the attached image below for reference. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

2018-8-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

So you didn’t come here to answer the OP’s question.
2018-8-23
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJ Natty Nat is not a chat bot and is indeed a real  human.
2018-8-23
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All the specs are here...
https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#specs

2018-8-23
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-23 09:40
So you didn’t come here to answer the OP’s question.

Correct. I've came here to learn the answer.... especially since answer was given officially by DJI employee. But answer made no sense at all. Thus my reaction.
2018-8-23
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

I would worry more about the operation temperature range of the phone connected to the RC. Last winter my iPhone shut down after about 10 minutes of flight at -5C. Brought the Mavic back on RTH, warmed up the phone, booted it, and flew another 5 minute mission (mainly within a few meters away from me) on the same abtetry.
2018-8-23
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

BumblerBee Posted at 2018-8-23 11:22
I would worry more about the operation temperature range of the phone connected to the RC. Last winter my iPhone shut down after about 10 minutes of flight at -5C. Brought the Mavic back on RTH, warmed up the phone, booted it, and flew another 5 minute mission (mainly within a few meters away from me) on the same abtetry.

iPhones being designed in Cupertino, California are notoriously known for not doing well in cold weather as Cupertino very rarely experiences temperatures below 0 C. Nokias, on the other side happily work in lower temps.... till approx -10 to  -15C when display starts to be waaaay too slow to be of any use for FPV flying.
2018-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules