Hi there,
Why am I getting this?
Yes, I disabled Over Exposure Warning.
DJI_0081.JPG
2018-8-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused. Can you switch your camera settings to Manual from Auto mode? After that, manually adjust the ISO, EV, and Shutter. For reference, please see the attached image below. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

2018-8-23
Use props
Hithere
lvl.1

Poland

But dont you understand that even if the area is too exposed, it shouldnt be the black lines when I dont want it.. It is visible not on dji app. But on original video, it shouldnt be like that
2018-8-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Hithere Posted at 2018-8-23 13:46
But dont you understand that even if the area is too exposed, it shouldnt be the black lines when I dont want it.. It is visible not on dji app. But on original video, it shouldnt be like that

Those are the zebra stripes, over exposure lines.
That can be adjusted using the exposure wheel on the right front of your RC.

Or you can turn it off, in the camera settings.

RedHotPoker
2018-8-23
Use props
Hithere
lvl.1

Poland

In the camera settings? Here is nothing about it..
Yes, I can darken the exposure, but when my drone face with a very bright thing, for example sun the stripes appear again.. I say it again, even if the photo or movie is overexposured, it shouldnt be the zebra stripes on the original photo!!
2018-8-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hithere Posted at 2018-8-23 16:39
In the camera settings? Here is nothing about it..
Yes, I can darken the exposure, but when my drone face with a very bright thing, for example sun the stripes appear again.. I say it again, even if the photo or movie is overexposured, it shouldnt be the zebra stripes on the original photo!!

Yes, you are right it shouldn’t be there.

But since it is, you May turn it off in the app.

So please look for it in the camera settings, ok? Thanks

RedHotPoker

2018-8-23
Use props
Hithere
lvl.1

Poland

Dude, there isnt any option to to turn it off..
2018-8-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hithere Posted at 2018-8-23 16:44
Dude, there isnt any option to to turn it off..

So because you are too lazy to look for the proper Tab.
& you want me to hook up my rc to my iPad open the Go app and walk you through it? Hahaha ok.

Well, alrighty then turning on my rc now...

RedHotPoker
2018-8-23
Use props
Hithere
lvl.1

Poland

And? Did u chceck it?
2018-8-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hithere Posted at 2018-8-23 17:04
And? Did u chceck it?

Yeah, just writing it down...

So, open your app, with the drone on... ;-)

You need to have the camera running for the app parameters...

Tap the three lines at the bottom of the camera...

Tap the Cog Wheel on the right at top.

Now, look down the list: See the Over Exposure Warning Tab?

Please slide that to the left to turn it off.

RedHotPoker
2018-8-23
Use props
Hithere
lvl.1

Poland

I DISABLED OVER EXPOSURE WARNING LOOK AT THE DESCRIPTION DUDE THIS IS NOT HELPING
2018-8-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hithere Posted at 2018-8-23 17:19
I DISABLED OVER EXPOSURE WARNING LOOK AT THE DESCRIPTION DUDE WTF

Yes, so?

Don’t aim the camera into the direct light, it’s not made for that kind of photography...

Use the exposure wheel to turn it down, or up to your desired brightness level.

Also aim the camera front element slightly off horizontal plane...
Alternatively, use a petal lens hood, or equivalent.

RedHotPoker

2018-8-23
Use props
Hithere
lvl.1

Poland

In a new, well working drone there arent any lines, its not normal..
If yes, how those all people who have p3 did a photo with the sun without any lines? Stop saying its normal wtf
2018-8-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hithere Posted at 2018-8-23 17:29
In a normal, well working drone there arent any lines, its not normal..
If yes, how those all people who have p3 did a photo with the sun without any lines? Stop saying its normal wtf

Yes WTF!?  Truly. . .

Sorry bro, I can’t help you.... WHAT THE TRUCK.?! I

But you have some great advice below...

RedHotPoker
2018-8-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Those lines have nothing to do with the over-exposure waning. If the warning stripes are present, they are at a 45 degree angle, not straight up and down vertical. What you have is a camera fault, perhaps even a faulty flexible ribbon cable. You need to send it to DJI for repair.
2018-8-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-23 16:31
Those are the zebra stripes, over exposure lines.
That can be adjusted using the exposure wheel on the right front of your RC.

You need to do a revision on your zebra stripes.
Turn your overexposure warning on and see if it looks like that (it doesn't).
Take a test shot and see if the wider diagonal zebra stripes show in the captured image (they don't).
2018-8-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2018-8-23 19:34
Those lines have nothing to do with the over-exposure waning. If the warning stripes are present, they are at a 45 degree angle, not straight up and down vertical. What you have is a camera fault, perhaps even a faulty flexible ribbon cable. You need to send it to DJI for repair.

Sounds logical to me... yes, send it in....

Hopefully the repair is fast, and he has only short downtime.

RedHotPoker
2018-8-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2018-8-23 19:58
You need to do a revision on your zebra stripes.
Turn your overexposure warning on and see if it looks like that (it doesn't).
Take a test shot and see if the wider diagonal zebra stripes show in the captured image (they don't).

True that. Thanks.

RedHotPoker
2018-8-23
Use props
djiuser_gGpbbpOhnHIM
lvl.1
Myanmar

Hi my problem is that when i moved my mavic air there are vertical lines in trolley sideways shot, as well as in turning, plz canvyou help me? Why is that happening? Weather is sunny and air was back to the sun.
2018-10-28
Use props
djiuser_mAbux8JLk07b
New
Flight distance : 143304 ft
Canada

I'm having the same issue with my Phantom 4 and DJI doesn't want to cover it under warranty as it's past 6 months. This is clearly a defect. Never hard a hard landing or crashed. The Phantom 4 has been well taken care of. Can't figure it out, replaced the ribbon cable and didn't fix it. Did you ever find a solution? This is what happens when I change the exposure manually to really show the issue. So angry with DJI not admitting this is an issue that they need to fix. Horrible product support.
2019-5-25
Use props
djiuser_mAbux8JLk07b
New
Canada

2019-5-25
Use props
djiuser_mAbux8JLk07b
New
Canada

djiuser_mAbux8JLk07b Posted at 2019-5-25 07:48
I'm having the same issue with my Phantom 4 and DJI doesn't want to cover it under warranty as it's past 6 months. This is clearly a defect. Never hard a hard landing or crashed. The Phantom 4 has been well taken care of. Can't figure it out, replaced the ribbon cable and didn't fix it. Did you ever find a solution? This is what happens when I change the exposure manually to really show the issue. So angry with DJI not admitting this is an issue that they need to fix. Horrible product support.

I'm having the same issue, and god I hate the people that just say turn off the over exposure in the app. Read the description, it's already off. The man stated that! It's a hardware or software fault and it shows up in the captured video and stills. In pictures it's even worse and the quality of any image or video is unusable. If I leave my drone on the ground and allow it to warm up for about 5-10% battery usage, while rotating it in all directions to give the gimbal a workout, or cover the fan for a minute or two, it seems to go away and works fine, but then I'm down 10% battery and less flight time. To those who say just turn down the shutter speed or up the ISO, stop! That's not a fix, give your head a shake for suggesting it. We paid a lot for these drones and want a fix for it without DJI charging us $500 to fix. I've seen this posted all over the Internet and it's clearly a defect that DJI refuses to fix. I've tried replacing my ribbon cable and the issue remains!
2020-6-8
Use props
djiuser_mAbux8JLk07b
New
Canada

I'm suspecting hardware issue related to heat with loose connections as it seems to fix itself after warming up. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great! In addition to replacing the camera/gimbal cable, I've looked at every component in the camera/gimbal assembly for obvious signs of fault and can't see anything out of the ordinary.
2020-6-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

djiuser_mAbux8JLk07b Posted at 6-8 06:31
I'm suspecting hardware issue related to heat with loose connections as it seems to fix itself after warming up. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great! In addition to replacing the camera/gimbal cable, I've looked at every component in the camera/gimbal assembly for obvious signs of fault and can't see anything out of the ordinary.

If you read through the entire thread, you would find that I replied to the OP that it is a camera fault, it is not a defect. It happens from time time time, the usual fix is one of the ribbon cables, either the one on the gimbal, or the one connecting the gimbal assembly to the aircraft.
2020-6-8
Use props
punkie
lvl.3
Australia

Did you guys end up resolving this? My p4pro started doing this today midway through a shoot.. Ruined a great shoot and have to go back and redo with another drone..

Same vertical lines in the  highly exposed posts of the video and photos
2020-8-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

punkie Posted at 8-25 04:57
Did you guys end up resolving this? My p4pro started doing this today midway through a shoot.. Ruined a great shoot and have to go back and redo with another drone..

Same vertical lines in the  highly exposed posts of the video and photos

The answer is the same, and the solution is given on post #24.
2020-8-25
Use props
JOHNNY DOY
New

United States

AAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGG I HATE THIS it was first with my videos now my photos AAAHHHHHH
2021-9-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

JOHNNY DOY Posted at 9-11 11:23
AAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGG I HATE THIS it was first with my videos now my photos AAAHHHHHH[view_image]

Read post #24, it is a cable fault.
2021-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules