Problem with PolarPro filters
1067 5 2018-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8c1cd4df
lvl.1
United States

Hi - new drone owner with a question.

I purchased the PolarPro cinema series nd filter set for my spark. I tried them out today and when looking at the footage, I noticed the shot was bouncing up and down whenever the drone was supposed to be taking a shot pointing straight down to the ground.

When I take the filter off, the gimbal is able to smoothly point straight down (and beyond) but with the filter on, the gimbal gets stuck before it is able to point straight down to the ground. I verified the filter is on correctly (snaps into place and the other end is correctly inserted into the vent like area) and I tried a couple of filters to make sure it wasn't just one filter in the 6 pack.

Anyone ever have this issue with the spark / filter combo? Please help. The filters work in that I was able to film at the slower speed, but the footage is useless for any shot where I need to point straight down to the ground.
2018-8-23
Use props
fans8c1cd4df
lvl.1
United States

Disregard my "problem" - I am an idiot and installed it upside down into the wrong vent. Sorry. Bad first impression lol.
2018-8-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles. Unfortunately, Polar Pro filters are not recommended to the lens of the DJI Spark as it will not hold the weight of the filter. Filters are only supported to Mavic Pro series as of the time being. Thank you for continued support in DJI. Have a safe flight always.
2018-8-23
Use props
KSBV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1104252 ft
  • >>>

The DJI store sells Polar Pro filters for the Spark.  Why is that if they are not recommended?
2018-8-23
Use props
fans8c1cd4df
lvl.1
United States

KSBV Posted at 2018-8-23 13:42
The DJI store sells Polar Pro filters for the Spark.  Why is that if they are not recommended?

Good catch - that is strange.
2018-8-24
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-23 11:56
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles. Unfortunately, Polar Pro filters are not recommended to the lens of the DJI Spark as it will not hold the weight of the filter. Filters are only supported to Mavic Pro series as of the time being. Thank you for continued support in DJI. Have a safe flight always.

Is it stil not recommended?
2019-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules