Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crystal Sky / Mount / Mavic 2 Pro & Zoom
3965 20 2018-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shryyke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34931 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm curious if we will need a new mount for the Crystalsky monitor to work on the new controllers for the Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom? I heard the controller might be a bit larger. If so, will we need a new mount?
2018-8-23
Use props
Ugashik Bob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11150600 ft
  • >>>
United States

How about CS Go4 support for Mav 2?
2018-8-24
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

It is Very disappointing that the new Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom cannot be used with the Crystalsky yet ..... i was going to order the Pro version but i will now wait until the CS is updated to support it.
2018-8-25
Use props
KitMavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25180 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

The existing DJI mount from the Mavic Pro cannot be used in the M2P as the gap in the controller arm are too close to each other to allow the screw to pass through.  Also DJI confirmed that the CrystalSky is currently not compatible with M2P, no details of dates for update.
2018-8-27
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>

I can confirm the Mavic Pro mount wont fit the Mavic 2 controller.
2018-8-28
Use props
fansbe5a0b82
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1484514 ft
United States

I personally use the MavMount and it works with the Mavic 2. Sadly I'm just hearing that the crystal sky doesn't work with the mavic 2 yet. Here I was for the last 2 days thinking my mavic was jacked up
2018-8-28
Use props
ColoradoBob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1601690 ft
United States

I am waiting to purchase my MP2 until  DJI has worked out a few more of the accessory tie in's, I have a CS w/a MAV mount and original goggles

2018-8-28
Use props
larryf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 891732 ft
United States

The Polar Pro Crystal Sky mount for the Mavic fits the new Mavic 2 controller.   See images below.

However, since the Crystal Sky isn't yet supported on the Mavic 2...it's a moot point...

2018-8-29
Use props
KitMavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25180 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-8-28 11:10
I can confirm the Mavic Pro mount wont fit the Mavic 2 controller.

Hi , someone on Dpreview did mount their 5.5 crystalsky onto the M2P using the MP bracket.   But they had to take the rubber back off the bracket to allow the screws to pass through the arms to the back rod.   So I was wrong, there is a solution. Not perfect but it does work.
2018-8-29
Use props
byrongm.mac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 263540 ft
  • >>>
United States

YES!!  The mount that works for the original Mavic pro remote DOES NOT WORK with the new Mavic 2 pro remote!!!   SUPER annoying....
2018-8-29
Use props
byrongm.mac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 263540 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just got my Mavic 2 pro today and it is not compatible...
2018-8-29
Use props
Shryyke
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

byrongm.mac Posted at 2018-8-29 21:50
Just got my Mavic 2 pro today and it is not compatible...

Yes, I'm sure they will release a firmware and new DJI GO 4 app soon to allow the Crystal Sky to work with the Mavic 2 Pro. Just was curious before I bought mine. I already have my Mavic 2 Pro now.  Best drone I have owned.
2018-8-30
Use props
Shryyke
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

larryf Posted at 2018-8-29 11:12
The Polar Pro Crystal Sky mount for the Mavic fits the new Mavic 2 controller.   See images below.

However, since the Crystal Sky isn't yet supported on the Mavic 2...it's a moot point...

Oh thats great. Thanks for the info. Just awaiting the firmware upgrade then for the CS. Thanks again for the photos!
2018-8-30
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2092244 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HI - Same here poor show really DJI have answered my feed if you are interested and have said they will update the feed as soon as it is realeased hopefully soon ! DJI Crystal Sky does not work with Mavic Pro 2 !
2018-8-31
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I think that a discount program would be in order for thoose (myself) who bought the original mount for the Mavic Pro.You could also modify it while DJI releases a new one and releases a update som the crystalsky can also be used with the Mavic 2
It´s pretty annaying that you have to by/wait for a mont to get it all together.
Birds (there are some)
Batteries - sold out
Filters - sold out
Mount - not released
CS - needs SW update
2018-9-4
Use props
mavpronu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 619308 ft

KitMavic Posted at 2018-8-27 08:31
The existing DJI mount from the Mavic Pro cannot be used in the M2P as the gap in the controller arm are too close to each other to allow the screw to pass through.  Also DJI confirmed that the CrystalSky is currently not compatible with M2P, no details of dates for update.

I think the polar pro mount will work on both
2018-9-12
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

The cable is stripped from the Mavic Pro CS mount, the rest is velcro

DSCF8757.jpg

DSCF8758.jpg

DSCF8759.jpg

DSCF8760.jpg

DSCF8762.jpg

DSCF8764.jpg
2018-9-13
Use props
cjwsoft.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57320 ft
United States

The Evolution3d Mavic CrystalSky mount works with the Mavic 2

Product page..
https://evolution3d.com/shop/radio-mounts/dji-mavic-pro-2-crystalsky-mount-v2/

OVERVIEW1.jpg
2018-9-13
Use props
cjwsoft.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57320 ft
United States

And here is how you get the CrystalSky to work with the Mavic 2

2018-9-15
Use props
New

United States

I used the Crystalsky mount made for the Mavic Pro to fit on the Mavic 2 controller.  Take the Mavic 2 controller and pull out the grips a little out so the holes of the mounting bar line up with the grip holes.  Add washers so the mounting bar doesn't slip through the grip holes.  Remove the thumb screws that are too short and replace it with longer 4mm screws.  Use spacer washers if the screws are too long.

The DJI GO 4 app on the Crystalsky does recognize the Mavic 2 Zoom, however do not leave an unused USB cable dongle plugged into the side connector of the controller or it will not work.

2018-9-28
Use props
AWL12C
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1929 ft
  • >>>
United States

Still no official bracket for Mavic 2 controller and Crystal Sky BUT have the following solution which is working well for me:

Arms can be purchased on eBay, Mavic 2 controller has slightly different form factor though.

Other solution I just found on Esty is a French company: Fab Design Creation - DJI Mavic 2 Crystal Sky Adapter - I just ordered a couple of sets, images of the product installed look good AND you get to keep the existing arms.
2018-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules