Samsung Note 8.1 Tablet
696 9 2018-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wilder5
lvl.1
United States

I have been using my Samsung Note 8.1 tablet (not the phone), and it has worked perfectly.  It looks like my tablet software was updated, and not the DJI software no longer works.  It will not even load.  So, the hardware works 100% fine, but software for the DJI 4 app not makes it not work?  Sounds like a ploy to buy new hardware.

I have uninstalled the DJI 4 app and reinstalled it with no luck.  The only two changes to this tablet was the android update.  It updated when I was between batteries on my DJI P4 Advanced, now it is kaput.

This is an older Samsung Note 8.1 tablet, not something new, but it has been working perfectly for 7+ months, so why is it not working now?
2018-8-24
Use props
Wilder5
lvl.1
United States

Only one change, I meant the two things were it updated and the software no longer works.
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for the inconvenience. Samsung Note 8.1 tablet is a powerful device and it may work fine with our APP but we can't guarantee if you can use all the features and functionality of the APP. Do you have a different phone or tablet that you can use so that we can isolate the issue? What is the current android version you are using? You can refer to the recommended devices below.

2018-8-24
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Weird one. Can you go back to the previous version on your tablet?
2018-8-24
Use props
Wilder5
lvl.1

It looks like the tablet updated to Android 4.4.  I will be performing a hard reset on the tablet when I get home. Strange though how it worked until I updated Android.
2018-8-24
Use props
Wilder5
lvl.1

I installed the DJI app on my Samsunf Note 8 Phone and it worked fine.....except the controller holder is too big for my phone because it is meant for a tablet.  First world problems maybe?
2018-8-24
Use props
Wilder5
lvl.1

I am going to try my Samsung 10.1 Tab 3 too.  Anything but an Apple...
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Wilder5 Posted at 2018-8-24 06:44
I installed the DJI app on my Samsunf Note 8 Phone and it worked fine.....except the controller holder is too big for my phone because it is meant for a tablet.  First world problems maybe?

Just to clarify, are you using this tablet holder: https://store.dji.com/product/pg ... esult-v2&position=1 ?
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Wilder5 Posted at 2018-8-24 06:45
I am going to try my Samsung 10.1 Tab 3 too.  Anything but an Apple...

Please keep us posted if the issue is still the same. Thanks!
2018-8-24
Use props
Wilder5
lvl.1

I have the controller that came with the P4 Advanced.  My Note 8 phone in landscape does not fit.  It is like it is meant for tablets only.
Screenshot_20180824-112219_Chrome.jpg
2018-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules