Anybody using a monitor w/spark?
3128 12 2018-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkinJob2501
lvl.3

United States

Hey all,

interesting question. I have been looking at monitors (crystalsky and others) and wondered how many poeple are using monitors with their drones instead of their cell phones or tablets (with controller, never without in my case). I dont want to spend that kind of money on a crystalsky monitor although i realize that many of the other monitors, if not all of them, are not compatible with DJIgo4...Any thoughts on compatible monitors or are you stuck with the crystalsky if you want to use your remote and the monitor, if nothing else is compatible with DJIgo4? Any help would be appreciated, it might actually prevent me from having to buy a new tablet, although I am extremely happy with the performance from my Samsung Galaxy s9+ so far with OTG, its everthing that my previous phones where not.

Thanks again!

-SJ
2018-8-24
Use props
Schmitty88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21152 ft

I use an Ipad pro 9.7inch and love it. Started with my android phone, and just recently switched. We never used our ipad that much so i said hey why not put it to good use. It's alot easier to see as well. Good luck
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching us here at DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this concern to us. The crystal sky monitor is only compatible with the list of drones/products below and as for the time being this is not yet supported to the DJI Spark. Hope this helps. Thank you.

Mavic Pro
Phantom 4 Series
Phantom 3 Series
Inspire Series
Osmo
Osmo+
Osmo Pro
Osmo RAW
2018-8-24
Use props
SkinJob2501
lvl.3

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-24 09:40
Hi, thanks for reaching us here at DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this concern to us. The crystal sky monitor is only compatible with the list of drones/products below and as for the time being this is not yet supported to the DJI Spark. Hope this helps. Thank you.

Mavic Pro

Not really, The question was what OTHER screens are compatible with the Spark, that are NOT tablets and ARE compatible with DJI go 4? The price of the crystalsky monitors is too high to be considered practical when one could buy a tablet for the same purpose at a substantially lower price point. Any FPV monitors out there that people are using? anyone know of any other monitors that are compatible with DJIgo4, whether DJI supports that or not?

Thanks again!

-SkinJob2501
Edit:I spelled Tablet wrong
2018-8-24
Use props
landude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126407 ft

United States

Couldn't you use a monitor that supports screen mirroring and have it mirror your phone.
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SkinJob2501 Posted at 2018-8-24 12:04
Not really, The question was what OTHER screens are compatible with the Spark, that are NOT tablets and ARE compatible with DJI go 4? The price of the crystalsky monitors is too high to be considered practical when one could buy a table for the same purpose at a substantially lower price point. Any FPV monitors out there that people are using? anyone know of any other monitors that are compatible with DJIgo4, whether DJI supports that or not?

Thanks again!

Hi, these are the only listed and supported devices by our engineers. Thank you.

2018-8-24
Use props
SkinJob2501
lvl.3

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-24 12:53
Hi, these are the only listed and supported devices by our engineers. Thank you.

[view_image]

I was hoping that there was something more along the lines of crystalsky that was compatible....It will probably be my next purchase for my Mavic 2 Zoom, cell phones are awesome but I need photo quality gear as its becoming hard (on my pretty good eyes) to see things in the sun.

-SkinJob2501
2018-9-18
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

I've managed to install dji go on my rooted sony android 60" Tv. Never bothered to find usb a male to usb a male cable to try to actually connect it to rc tho...
2018-9-18
Use props
Jezmo
lvl.4
United States

Schmitty88 Posted at 2018-8-24 08:27
I use an Ipad pro 9.7inch and love it. Started with my android phone, and just recently switched. We never used our ipad that much so i said hey why not put it to good use. It's alot easier to see as well. Good luck

I am flying mine with my IPad Air 2 9.7" and love it. Great screen for this use.
2018-9-18
Use props
SkinJob2501
lvl.3

United States

Jezmo Posted at 2018-9-18 12:28
I am flying mine with my IPad Air 2 9.7" and love it. Great screen for this use.

Im an android user, this is an open refusal to adhere to social norms I dont care if they are great, I firmly believe that Steve Jobs is in fact the Devil.

Ive been through the wringer with some samsung products, treated them poorly and they always work in the end. I am currently using a Galaxy Tab S2 and its nearing the end of its product life (for me) I bought it at a very steep discount when they came out.  I plan to continue using it for the forseeable future although it is starting to show its age and doesnt really keep up with the DJI products that have come out lately (Zoom 2 is my new rig). I am considering the cost of an upgrade to a CrystalSky monitor to fly my Zoom with, the Spark will remain on my Galaxy s9+, which is a very robust phone for running a Spark, but comes up short with all the features of the Zoom and could be put to better use as a camera rather than a flight monitor.

The real question is whether I should upgrade to CrystalSky or if there is another better or comparable option out there in the same price range (that isnt a tablet, period) but rather a dedicated flight monitor that has some if not all of the features of a CrystalSky and is dedicated to one use, flying a drone.

A tablet is a swiss army knife, it does tons of stuff, poorly. I need a Ka-Bar, a knife with a singular purpose.

-SkinJob2501
2018-9-18
Use props
SkinJob2501
lvl.3

United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-9-18 11:17
I've managed to install dji go on my rooted sony android 60" Tv. Never bothered to find usb a male to usb a male cable to try to actually connect it to rc tho...

Can you get a controller mount for that?
2018-9-18
Use props
Jezmo
lvl.4

SkinJob2501 Posted at 2018-9-18 13:34
Im an android user, this is an open refusal to adhere to social norms  I dont care if they are great, I firmly believe that Steve Jobs is in fact the Devil.

Ive been through the wringer with some samsung products, treated them poorly and they always work in the end. I am currently using a Galaxy Tab S2 and its nearing the end of its product life (for me) I bought it at a very steep discount when they came out.  I plan to continue using it for the forseeable future although it is starting to show its age and doesnt really keep up with the DJI products that have come out lately (Zoom 2 is my new rig). I am considering the cost of an upgrade to a CrystalSky monitor to fly my Zoom with, the Spark will remain on my Galaxy s9+, which is a very robust phone for running a Spark, but comes up short with all the features of the Zoom and could be put to better use as a camera rather than a flight monitor.

Each is entitled to his or her own opinion and preference. I firmly believe that Steve Jobs is in FACT Dead. Nuff said.
2018-9-21
Use props
SkinJob2501
lvl.3

United States

Jezmo Posted at 2018-9-21 15:50
Each is entitled to his or her own opinion and preference. I firmly believe that Steve Jobs is in FACT Dead. Nuff said.

More substantiating evidence to my prior statement
2018-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules