New Mavic 2 Firmware Released (11/23/2023)
42769 287 2018-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansc7fff6c1 Posted at 2018-9-8 09:32
Is IPad Air 2013 or Samsung S8 2017 works with DJI GO 4?  Thinking to buy MAVIC 2 PRO.

Hi there, you may check the recommended list from here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloadsFor the mobile devices not in the recommended list, you may test in the local store before making the decision.
Recommended Mobile Device.png
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

soccerace21 Posted at 2018-9-8 11:55
I've not been unable to update my firmware since I got the Mavic 2.  If I try on the phone, it gives me a network disconnected message.  If I try via DJI Assistant, it just stays as the USB screen, and never progresses to let me update.  I sent a message on FB on Monday and haven't gotten a response there, so I'm trying here.

Sir, may I know what's the current version of the DJI Assistant 2? And which step are you stuck with? And is there any error message when the update failed? It will be better to refer to 178# and export the upgrade log, I'll forward to our engineers for double check, thanks so much!
2018-9-10
Use props
C I N E R O G
New
  • >>>
Australia

Hey I wonder if we will be able to have two controllers attached somehow for a Camera Op panning the touch screen.

R
2018-9-10
Use props
umairaslam
New

Pakistan

Thats really amazing.
2018-9-11
Use props
fansbaa186d5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3655085 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans98d63e0a Posted at 2018-8-25 07:02
Does  anyone have a sample of the stitched panorama JPG that the Maverick 2 Zoom produces for download?  Even better would be the 8 or so [view_image] files too. Thanks!

Lightroom can do it, as can Autopano. They cost money but they offer quaility.
2018-9-12
Use props
Tomcatuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28743 ft

Oliver.Lauer@googlemail.com Posted at 2018-9-5 08:15
Cannot update the firmware.
I have tried to update the drone firmware via iPhone X and iPad Pro through the DJI Go 4 App as well as via a MacBook Pro and a Windows X Laptop through the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic.
Sometimes the updating progress gets to 99% but most of the times it fails way before that.

That's why on the first line of the firmware announcement they write.... "we 'hope' that you can upgrade the firmware version...."
Mavic air all over again....
2018-9-12
Use props
Nico77
lvl.2
Germany

soccerace21 Posted at 2018-9-9 10:34
That's the one I was using - DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic...version 2.0.0.     Today, I uninstalled the program and downloaded the zip file instead of the exe and installed it that way, and it had no issue updating.  Not sure why the zip worked and the exe didn't, but whatever.

I had the same issue. It turned out my  Bitdefender had some serious issues with the app on the pc. Both from a “false positive” as from a “I need to be able to have access through the firewall” perspective.

After I fixed those issues everything worked fine.
2018-9-12
Use props
massipos
lvl.2

Italy

Here, i have removed previus version of the DJI assitant 2 first, and then have installed the new Mavic 2 version. After the M2Z activation, the firmare was succesfully uploaded and installed on AC and RC at first attempt whitout any issues, just follow video tutorial.
2018-9-13
Use props
Will_Bartlett
lvl.1
Canada

Update wouldn't work through my Mac with supplied USB cable, however I was able to successfully update the Mavic 2 to the latest firmware by using the DJI GO4 App on my iPhone 7. Did a test flight and a review here: youtu.be/orOpS5BbPl0

Subscribe if you guys like the video

Also, be sure to go into the camera settings and enable the 'raw' settings for panoramic (Save original), otherwise you're pano's might be saved overexposed and you won't be able to fix it.. I also found when tilting the camera in a waypoint hyperlapse, it caused some unwanted movement in the finished hyper lapse video.

Happy Mavic 2 flying everyone!
2018-9-13
Use props
BillTS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 434058 ft
United States

why is not digital zooming available in photos?
2018-9-14
Use props
BillTS
lvl.2
United States

but very nice anyway
2018-9-14
Use props
BillTS
lvl.2
United States

2018-9-14
Use props
BillTS
lvl.2
United States

network glitch, sorry
2018-9-14
Use props
BillTS
lvl.2
United States

2018-9-14
Use props
BillTS
lvl.2
United States

2018-9-14
Use props
BillTS
lvl.2
United States

Admin plz delete my comment above plz
2018-9-14
Use props
mnix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3865869 ft
Australia

I seem to have found a bug - accessing the sd card in the drone via the usb port doesn't work as it always gives access to the internal memory.  This is a pain if you want to do a quick playback on a tv.

When i plug in the usb cable from the mavic 2 pro to a tv (or computer) i can only access the internal memory. Even though dji go says the sd card can not be accessed because the usb is plugged in.
The sd card works fine in a computer, and the recorded video plays well.
If i select the internal memory in dji go, and plug in the usb, it says the internal memory is inaccessable because the usb is connected, so it seems it should be possible to do the same for the sd card.
2018-9-15
Use props
perline
lvl.1

Philippines

Glad it has been released! I hope to enjoy its features soon. This will surely help me with my security issues.
2018-9-15
Use props
OnosToolan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 2018-8-25 00:14
Actually they do. When I ordered my Custom 981S from Zuffenhausen it was like most new Porsches updated by the dealer before delivery.

My Ducati bikes also required ECU updates at the dealer for the optional upgraded Exhaust systems before delivery.

I used to work in the motorbike trade and ECU updates were a very common thing on all modern bikes. We would update the ECU before a customer pick up and then on every service thereafter. So firmware updates if nothing new.
2018-9-16
Use props
damoUK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

Ok, please can this thread be killed? Every time I see it I get excited that there’s new firmware for the Mavic 2 and then realise it’s the same old one that’s just had a new comment added!

And now I’m guilty of adding a new comment and annoying everyone waiting just like me! :-)
2018-9-17
Use props
Ede45
lvl.1
Germany

damoUK Posted at 2018-9-17 14:49
Ok, please can this thread be killed? Every time I see it I get excited that there’s new firmware for the Mavic 2 and then realise it’s the same old one that’s just had a new comment added!

And now I’m guilty of adding a new comment and annoying everyone waiting just like me! :-)

Yes, me to
2018-9-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Buddy1976 Posted at 2018-9-8 05:30
hope this also helps my controllers on the latest firmware and the drone wont update. I wanna fly the bloody thing!
[14:10:27:688][DevMgr              ] DLL : DJIRadarService      ignore!
[14:10:51:316][DevMgr              ] Device Arrival : RNDIS_DJI_PHANTOM4_RNDIS&COM4

Hi there, just got an update from our engineers that they need more info, please kindly refer to the below and confirm:
1. Where did you get the drone?
2. What's the current version of the aircraft?
3. We need the data in the aircraft, please kindly refer to the below screenshot and export the flight data for analysis, thanks so much!
Mavic 2.png
2018-9-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Olly_2.0 Posted at 2018-9-7 03:10
Hi Susan,

attached the current firmware statuses. [view_image]

Hi Oliver, could you refer to the 226# and export the flight data in the aircraft for further analysis? We need it to check the exact status and see whether the issue can be figured out remotely. Thank you!
2018-9-18
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-9-19
Use props
Wibster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11870 ft
United Kingdom

I’ve tried applying the firmware, everything seems to have worked, on reboot and in the Assistant app when I go into the firmware area I keep getting a ‘Refresh’ option.  Does this mean the firmware update hasn’t completed correctly.  Apologies for the newbie question, but this my first drone and I want to ensure that I don’t go out with it, if there’s a potential problem
2018-9-19
Use props
zappy54
lvl.4
Flight distance : 446900 ft
United Kingdom

Wibster Posted at 2018-9-19 02:12
I’ve tried applying the firmware, everything seems to have worked, on reboot and in the Assistant app when I go into the firmware area I keep getting a ‘Refresh’ option.  Does this mean the firmware update hasn’t completed correctly.  Apologies for the newbie question, but this my first drone and I want to ensure that I don’t go out with it, if there’s a potential problem

The Firmware refresh is always there to give you the option to refresh at any time you have probs
2018-9-19
Use props
Wibster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11870 ft
United Kingdom

zappy54 Posted at 2018-9-19 02:31
The Firmware refresh is always there to give you the option to refresh at any time you have probs

Brilliant, thanks for that confirmation, I wasn’t quite sure
2018-9-19
Use props
renedx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31230 ft
Netherlands

Well.. just a heads up. We updated our Aircraft to the newest firmware. Third flight with that firmware, it dropped out of the clear sky... on a metal beam. (Case already taken with DJI)
Forum ppl who will request the flight log .. https://file.io/QTd77K
2018-9-19
Use props
eduwinner
lvl.1

Spain

Thank you for the information. I updated my mavic 2 but I can't activate it...
2018-9-20
Use props
Olly_2.0
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-18 04:53
Hi Oliver, could you refer to the 226# and export the flight data in the aircraft for further analysis? We need it to check the exact status and see whether the issue can be figured out remotely. Thank you!

Hi Susan,
I returned the drone as a DOA and got my new one.
Sadly not in time for my trip to Scotland, but today I gonna go out for the first flight with the new drone
2018-9-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Olly_2.0 Posted at 2018-9-22 01:13
Hi Susan,
I returned the drone as a DOA and got my new one.
Sadly not in time for my trip to Scotland, but today I gonna go out for the first flight with the new drone

It's nice to hear this. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

renedx Posted at 2018-9-19 10:00
Well.. just a heads up. We updated our Aircraft to the newest firmware. Third flight with that firmware, it dropped out of the clear sky... on a metal beam. (Case already taken with DJI)
Forum ppl who will request the flight log .. https://file.io/QTd77K

Hi renedx, sorry for the late response. May I have your case number? I'd like to check the current status and keep following up for you.
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

eduwinner Posted at 2018-9-20 16:11
Thank you for the information. I updated my mavic 2 but I can't activate it...

Hi there, we've read your new post and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-167171-1-1.html
Please keep us updated there for better follow-up, thanks so much!
2018-9-24
Use props
renedx
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-24 19:06
Hi renedx, sorry for the late response. May I have your case number? I'd like to check the current status and keep following up for you.

Ofc you can. See PM. I hope we will have a replacement soon
2018-9-25
Use props
SamDownUnder
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112989 ft
United States

C I N E R O G Posted at 2018-9-10 00:51
Hey I wonder if we will be able to have two controllers attached somehow for a Camera Op panning the touch screen.

R

According to the manual (pg 47) that feature is coming.
2018-9-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

renedx Posted at 2018-9-25 04:55
Ofc you can. See PM. I hope we will have a replacement soon

Well received, thank you! Upon checking the case log, the package has been shipped and the tracking number will be available soon, you may check the tracking status later.
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

C I N E R O G Posted at 2018-9-10 00:51

R

Hi there, the dual-controller of Mavic 2 series will be available in the future. Our engineers are working on it and will release on our website as soon as it is ready. Thanks for your support and patience.
2018-9-26
Use props
Techwizard “Skip” Skipfx
New

Australia

Having real trouble getting Mavic pro 2 zoom to update firmware? Any ideas?
2018-9-26
Use props
rainslave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 243114 ft
Norway

Techwizard “Skip” Skipfx Posted at 2018-9-26 01:57
Having real trouble getting Mavic pro 2 zoom to update firmware? Any ideas?

hook it up to your computer using Dji Assistant 2
2018-9-26
Use props
renedx
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-26 01:24
Well received, thank you! Upon checking the case log, the package has been shipped and the tracking number will be available soon, you may check the tracking status later.

Received it (sadly without iOS connector cable... oops), but I'm checking with the NL office if it would be possible to pick one up at their office today. Thanks for the updates and the fast RMA replacement.
2018-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules