New Mavic 2 Firmware Released (11/23/2023)
2145984853 2145984853 2018-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Piper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26946 ft

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2018-8-24 20:39
"DJI Goggles RE can only connect to the Mavic 2 with firmware 01.00.0600 or above via DJI Assistant 2 on a computer. Firmware 01.00.0600 will be launched at the end of August, 2018. Please stay tuned."

* Anyone see firmware 01.00.0600 release yet on assistant 2? I can't look without the RE google plugged in.

I downloaded 1.00.0600 and goggles still don't connect to Mavic 2 - I waited this long for Mavic 2 to seamlessly work with the goggles instead of my spark and they don't work. Seriously?????
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tresco Posted at 2018-8-30 10:54
I cant get mine to activate. Very frustrated right now so I am going to try my best to make this post clean. DJI is doing nothing about it right now. I did the firmware update through the app just fine. When I get to the 8th step in the activation process it throws a network error message. Yes im online. Tried two wifi sources. Two ipads and a phone. Deleted and reinstalled the app a trillion times. The issue has to be on their end. I am now waiting for someone to call me back(no time frame) could be in three weeks from now for all i know. I bought this for a film gig and its useless at the moment. They told me to be prepared to send it back for repairs....

Hi Tresco, I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. May I have the aircraft SN, the APP version and the screenshot of the error message for better assistance? I'd like to check the current status and try our best to help you out.
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-8-30 15:20
Updated my DJI goggles RE with the new FW and connected to my new Mavic 2 Pro  no problems!

Thanks

That's great! Glad to hear everything works now. Thanks for heading up.
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Phan-TOM Posted at 2018-8-30 16:03
Cant get DJI assistant 2 to work. (Using V1.1.2 - 2)  Tried to update both my Zoom and Pro and had the same result. would not update "no Fly zone" or firmware. Anyone else experiencing issues with DJI Assistant 2?

Hi Phan-TOM, it looks like the DJI Assistant 2 issue, please kindly download the correct DJI Assistant  2 For Mavic v2.0.0 from here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
Then refer to the tutorial video in #116 to check whether it works.
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansd518084e Posted at 2018-8-30 16:56
Hi Guys, using App on Android (HTC U11) the option to disable phone charging from RC is not available, however it is when i switch to iphone, any idea why?

Sir, the option is a feature of IOS devices, not for Android for now. You may check the user manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/20180823/Mavic%202%20Pro%20Zoom%20User%20Manual%20V1.0.pdf
M.png
2018-8-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-30 18:34

Thanks Susan

I found that the waypoints was missing from the AutoFlight modes list? Can you tell me if this was removed in the latest FW update for future release? I am running iOS iPhone 8 +

Thanks for looking into this
Rich
2018-8-30
Use props
Piper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26946 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-30 18:34

All firmware up to date on all devices and cannot get goggles re to link.  Glad to hear someone could.
2018-8-30
Use props
fansd518084e
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-30 18:40
Sir, the option is a feature of IOS devices, not for Android for now. You may check the user manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/20180823/Mavic%202%20Pro%20Zoom%20User%20Manual%20V1.0.pdf

Thanks for clarifying
2018-8-31
Use props
RebekB
New

United States

This whole process of updating firmware is extremely frustrating. I did not spend $2K to now be stuck in updating hell for days on end. I have read all the online suggestions and have tried pretty much everything to get either Assistant or Go to work so that I can install this update and neither does. I feel this verges on fraud to send out a product that is basically a brick and I am seriously thinking of returning it. I don't appreciate days of my time being wasted to no end. DJI needs to provide a direct and simple solution to updating firmware that doesn't require a degree in computing to resolve. For example a link to download the firmware directly, so that I can then load it from my computer to my phone.
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Piper Posted at 2018-8-30 21:13
All firmware up to date on all devices and cannot get goggles re to link.  Glad to hear someone could.

Hi Piper, just to verify, the Goggles RE firmware is 01.00.0600 and the aircraft firmware is v01.00.00.00, right? May I know which step are you stuck with? You may refer to the below video and indicate, thanks so much!
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-8-30 21:09
Thanks Susan

I found that the waypoints was missing from the AutoFlight modes list? Can you tell me if this was removed in the latest FW update for future release? I am running iOS iPhone 8 +

Rich, the waypoints is coming soon. We'll release as soon as it is ready.
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RebekB Posted at 2018-8-31 01:58
This whole process of updating firmware is extremely frustrating. I did not spend $2K to now be stuck in updating hell for days on end. I have read all the online suggestions and have tried pretty much everything to get either Assistant or Go to work so that I can install this update and neither does. I feel this verges on fraud to send out a product that is basically a brick and I am seriously thinking of returning it. I don't appreciate days of my time being wasted to no end. DJI needs to provide a direct and simple solution to updating firmware that doesn't require a degree in computing to resolve. For example a link to download the firmware directly, so that I can then load it from my computer to my phone.

Hi RebekB, sorry for the inconvenience. Just to verify, is there any error message when the firmware update failed? May I have more details of your operation? For the firmware update, you may refer to the below tutorial video to confirm which step are you stuck, we'd like to check the exact status, thanks so much!
2018-8-31
Use props
RebekB
New

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-31 02:29
Hi RebekB, sorry for the inconvenience. Just to verify, is there any error message when the firmware update failed? May I have more details of your operation? For the firmware update, you may refer to the below tutorial video to confirm which step are you stuck, we'd like to check the exact status, thanks so much!
https://youtu.be/-K_2HgksJM4

Yes I have watched your videos. I am very proficient with computers. On the DJI Go app, it simply keeps giving an error message: "Network error, recheck the network and retry." The Wi-Fi is running perfectly and the phone is a recent model. On multiple tries it simply keeps repeating the same network error message.

On the DJI Assistant. It simply sits there, showing the plug-in graphic. I am signed in, I have attached the drone properly with the cable following the video instructions, the manual instructions, etc. But Assistant does not move on to the next step. I am running Windows 8.1 on a high-end computer. I have checked that the drivers are properly installed and registering as well.

This is deeply disappointing to have to deal with this for such an expensive item. I can buy the latest camera for $2K and it works out of the box.
2018-8-31
Use props
fans0a218158
New
Czechia

RebekB Posted at 2018-8-31 03:09
Yes I have watched your videos. I am very proficient with computers. On the DJI Go app, it simply keeps giving an error message: "Network error, recheck the network and retry." The Wi-Fi is running perfectly and the phone is a recent model. On multiple tries it simply keeps repeating the same network error message.

On the DJI Assistant. It simply sits there, showing the plug-in graphic. I am signed in, I have attached the drone properly with the cable following the video instructions, the manual instructions, etc. But Assistant does not move on to the next step. I am running Windows 8.1 on a high-end computer. I have checked that the drivers are properly installed and registering as well.

Hello, i have exactly same problem except my update will start and after 5 - 10% it die on "network error" ... Mavic 2 zoom ...

Mobile app is showing standard "network error" as for everyone else and dji 2 is showing network error too but after much longer time ...
2018-8-31
Use props
fansdf1d61d3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12241 ft
Australia

Hey guys, I picked up the mavic 2 pro today morning, and I've reached a bit of a dead end trying to update the firmware. I managed to update the RC firmware, but when i try the aircraft through my phone, it gives me a network error (both wifi and 4g). So I downloaded dji assistant 2 for both pc and mac, tried on both systems with no luck as well. On the pc it drops my wifi signal and it looks at the mavic as a new network connection, so I lost internet connection whilst the mavic is connected via usb. On the mac, it doesn't do that, but it doesn't go past 0% on the download and then gives me an error.
2018-8-31
Use props
Tresco
lvl.1

Susan before I waste my time are you a "level two" technician?
2018-8-31
Use props
Tresco
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-30 18:32
Hi Tresco, I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. May I have the aircraft SN, the APP version and the screenshot of the error message for better assistance? I'd like to check the current status and try our best to help you out.

Newest App 4.0 re-installed it across four different platforms multiple times. Brand new ipad, ipad mini 2, iphone 7s and even a non supported motorola moto z force (this actually seemed to run the app better)
2018-8-31
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

fans98d63e0a Posted at 2018-8-24 10:12
I didn’t see mentioning if Crystal Sky monitors work with Mavic 2.  Do they?

No, as of yet the CrystalSky does not work with Mavic2's, but will at some point. That's another update.
2018-9-1
Use props
RebekB
New

United States

So no further response to my questions?
2018-9-1
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

OConnb Posted at 2018-8-29 18:48
I tried my Goggles and it said it had to be after a certain Version! GRRRR They would not Bind!!!!!!!

Make sure you download the DJI Assistant 2 software link v 1.2.4 that is located on the goggles RE page. This will insure you have the correct one screenshots to show the FW list

Rich

Link for version 1.2.4

Capture 1.JPG Capture 2.JPG
2018-9-1
Use props
Lucskywlkr 8
New
Flight distance : 60748 ft
United States

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2018-8-24 20:39
"DJI Goggles RE can only connect to the Mavic 2 with firmware 01.00.0600 or above via DJI Assistant 2 on a computer. Firmware 01.00.0600 will be launched at the end of August, 2018. Please stay tuned."

* Anyone see firmware 01.00.0600 release yet on assistant 2? I can't look without the RE google plugged in.

No update yet I just checked today  
2018-9-1
Use props
fans887936db
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan,

Is if safe bet if I buy a CrystalSky it will be supported for Mavic 2 Pro shortly?   I really loved the Pro+ screen from my Phantom 4 Pro+ v2.0.  I am thinking of a way to connect the CrystalSky in a somewhat permanent way to the Mavic 2 Pro.  So I can just power on and fly, just like with the Phantom 4 Pro+.  

But I want to make sure if I buy the 5.5" version, it will eventually work with the Mavic 2 Pro?
2018-9-1
Use props
fans887936db
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fansdf1d61d3 Posted at 2018-8-31 04:20
Hey guys, I picked up the mavic 2 pro today morning, and I've reached a bit of a dead end trying to update the firmware. I managed to update the RC firmware, but when i try the aircraft through my phone, it gives me a network error (both wifi and 4g). So I downloaded dji assistant 2 for both pc and mac, tried on both systems with no luck as well. On the pc it drops my wifi signal and it looks at the mavic as a new network connection, so I lost internet connection whilst the mavic is connected via usb. On the mac, it doesn't do that, but it doesn't go past 0% on the download and then gives me an error.

I had same issue.   I got Network Error on both iPhone X DJI Go 4 and MacOS Assistant 2.  

I rebooted my MacBook Pro.  I got same Network Error first attempt after the reboot, but when I clicked retry - it went through.  It took about 15 minutes total but got it completed.  I have a USB-C external drive connected to my USB hub/dock and for some reason every time the Mavic 2 Pro would reboot during the update, it will eject the USB-C drive.  So maybe it does not like hubs?  

I plugged in my RC and the download began right away and went much faster than the aircraft update.  It said update done, but when I went back to the main screen, it said v0.6.  I tried again, it downloaded to 100% and then immediately says "upgrade Complete!: for v01.00.0000.  But on main screen, it still says current version V00.06.0000 for the remote controller.  I powered off RC and powered back up.  Downloaded update over again... update complete, still V00.06.  I reset to factor defaults and said that failed, but went back to 0% progress and got into a Factory Reset Failed! loop.  I cant reset it.  Going to try iPhone X / DJI GO 4 again.  

I used the USB-A to USB-C cable that came with the Mavic 2 Pro, along with the USB-C to USB-Micro adapter for the RC.  
2018-9-1
Use props
pjefferies
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1068002 ft
United States

Hello - I did the update on my new Zoom (awesome BTW) but the resolution of the SuperResolution photos doesn't seem much better than the normal ones, which are showing as closer to 20 mb, not 12.  I come up with 24.7 mb DNGs  for most photos or a 16 mb JPG for the Super Resolution.  Am I missing a setting or procedure?
2018-9-2
Use props
pjefferies
lvl.2
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-24 12:37
Sure glad they don't sell motorcycles, cars, and trucks with Pre-production FW.

My wife and I just bought Jeep 2018 JLs.  Had to take each straight from the lot to service to have a software upgrade on the touchscreens.  I suspect anything with much of a program running on a processor is going to be in a short cycle from now on.  Better, I think, for manufacturers to make a straightforward upgrade process and then be honest about what you are doing, what features added, etc.
2018-9-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

pjefferies Posted at 2018-9-2 08:09
Hello - I did the update on my new Zoom (awesome BTW) but the resolution of the SuperResolution photos doesn't seem much better than the normal ones, which are showing as closer to 20 mb, not 12.  I come up with 24.7 mb DNGs  for most photos or a 16 mb JPG for the Super Resolution.  Am I missing a setting or procedure?

SuperResolution photos doesn't seem much better than the normal ones, which are showing as closer to 20 mb, not 12.  I come up with 24.7 mb DNGs  for most photos or a 16 mb JPG for the Super Resolution.

If you are refering to Mavic's 12MP camera and trying to figure out why files are not closer to 12MB.  It is because a Pixel repsents a single cell of camera's sensor.  A Pixel can have color information (Red, Green, Blue) and brightness level, making up Color Depth.  Essentially a MP (megapixel) is not a MB (megabyte) or a Pixel is not a Byte.

2018-9-2
Use props
pjefferies
lvl.2
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-2 08:47
SuperResolution photos doesn't seem much better than the normal ones, which are showing as closer to 20 mb, not 12.  I come up with 24.7 mb DNGs  for most photos or a 16 mb JPG for the Super Resolution.

If you are refering to Mavic's 12MP camera and trying to figure out why files are not closer to 12MB.  It is because a Pixel repsents a single cell of camera's sensor.  A Pixel can have color information (Red, Green, Blue) and brightness level, making up Color Depth.  Essentially a MP (megapixel) is not a MB (megabyte) or a Pixel is not a Byte.

Ah!  
Well curse me for not paying attention to detail.  I just started a whole thread about it.  Thanks for the good information.
2018-9-2
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-31 02:25
Rich, the waypoints is coming soon. We'll release as soon as it is ready.

I see some youtube videos with the Mavic 2 Pro and they have waypoints in their app showing how it works. Could you see what is happeing with this please.

screenshot on my iOS 11 on iPhone 8+

Thank you
Rich

IMG_1105.PNG
2018-9-2
Use props
Rblomqvist
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-9-2 15:43
I see some youtube videos with the Mavic 2 Pro and they have waypoints in their app showing how it works. Could you see what is happeing with this please.

screenshot on my iOS 11 on iPhone 8+

Currently waypoints are available under Hyperlapse only. From what I understand Waypoints 2.0 , that we are all waiting for, is still under development and should be available "soon". Hopefully "soon" is a matter of days or a week, and not months...
2018-9-2
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rblomqvist Posted at 2018-9-2 16:38
Currently waypoints are available under Hyperlapse only. From what I understand Waypoints 2.0 , that we are all waiting for, is still under development and should be available "soon". Hopefully "soon" is a matter of days or a week, and not months...

Thank you for sharing. I guess I missed this because everything that I have read so far,  shows the Waypoints icon in the App and that it was available during the launch of the new Navis 2 series

Rich
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RebekB Posted at 2018-8-31 03:09
Yes I have watched your videos. I am very proficient with computers. On the DJI Go app, it simply keeps giving an error message: "Network error, recheck the network and retry." The Wi-Fi is running perfectly and the phone is a recent model. On multiple tries it simply keeps repeating the same network error message.

On the DJI Assistant. It simply sits there, showing the plug-in graphic. I am signed in, I have attached the drone properly with the cable following the video instructions, the manual instructions, etc. But Assistant does not move on to the next step. I am running Windows 8.1 on a high-end computer. I have checked that the drivers are properly installed and registering as well.

Hi RebekB, we've received some feedback about the server issue before, but this has been fixed now. Not sure if it is the same case for you, you may export the upgrade log for better analysis, thanks so much!

Assistant 2(Windows) C: /Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
Assistant 2(MAC): ~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
APP(IOS): Click the DJI logo on the left upper corner more than 10 times, you will see the log and copy it to us
APP(Android): dji/dji.go.v4/log/cache/up_new_all
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tresco Posted at 2018-8-31 07:04
[view_image]

Newest App 4.0 re-installed it across four different platforms multiple times. Brand new ipad, ipad mini 2, iphone 7s and even a non supported motorola moto z force (this actually seemed to run the app better)

Thanks for getting back to us. Could you refer to the below and export the activation log for better assistance? Thanks so much!

Android: DJI/dji.go.V4/LOG
IOS: DJI GO 4/LOGS
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans0a218158 Posted at 2018-8-31 03:29
Hello, i have exactly same problem except my update will start and after 5 - 10% it die on "network error" ... Mavic 2 zoom ...

Mobile app is showing standard "network error" as for everyone else and dji 2 is showing network error too but after much longer time ...

Sir, I understand your frustration and very sorry about it. Could you refer to 150# and export the update log for better assistance? Thanks in advance!
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansdf1d61d3 Posted at 2018-8-31 04:20
Hey guys, I picked up the mavic 2 pro today morning, and I've reached a bit of a dead end trying to update the firmware. I managed to update the RC firmware, but when i try the aircraft through my phone, it gives me a network error (both wifi and 4g). So I downloaded dji assistant 2 for both pc and mac, tried on both systems with no luck as well. On the pc it drops my wifi signal and it looks at the mavic as a new network connection, so I lost internet connection whilst the mavic is connected via usb. On the mac, it doesn't do that, but it doesn't go past 0% on the download and then gives me an error.

Sir, may I know what's the current version of your DJI Assistant 2? For Mavic 2, it is recommended to download the DJI Assistant 2 from here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
A.png
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Lucskywlkr 8 Posted at 2018-9-1 10:20
No update yet I just checked today

Hi Lucskywlkr 8, may I know what's the current of your DJI Assistant 2? Could you post the screenshot for better assistance?
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans887936db Posted at 2018-9-1 11:17
DJI Susan,

Is if safe bet if I buy a CrystalSky it will be supported for Mavic 2 Pro shortly?   I really loved the Pro+ screen from my Phantom 4 Pro+ v2.0.  I am thinking of a way to connect the CrystalSky in a somewhat permanent way to the Mavic 2 Pro.  So I can just power on and fly, just like with the Phantom 4 Pro+.  

Sir, CrystalSky will be compatible with Mavic 2 series in the future update. Our engineers are working on it. If there is an update, we'll release on our website at the first time. Appreciate your support and patience.
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans887936db Posted at 2018-9-1 11:31
I had same issue.   I got Network Error on both iPhone X DJI Go 4 and MacOS Assistant 2.  

I rebooted my MacBook Pro.  I got same Network Error first attempt after the reboot, but when I clicked retry - it went through.  It took about 15 minutes total but got it completed.  I have a USB-C external drive connected to my USB hub/dock and for some reason every time the Mavic 2 Pro would reboot during the update, it will eject the USB-C drive.  So maybe it does not like hubs?  

Hey there, may I know what's the current status? If the issue remains, please kindly offer the screenshots of the error message and the About page, we'd like to check the exact status.
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-9-2 15:43

screenshot on my iOS 11 on iPhone 8+

Rblomqvist is spot on. There are two kinds of Waypoints in Mavic 2. For the Youtube videos you mentioned, you may check whether it is the waypoints under Hyperlapse.
2018-9-3
Use props
Rblomqvist
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

Susan, could you please share more info about what "soon" means? Are we talking days, weeks or months?
Thanks
2018-9-3
Use props
Tresco
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-3 00:01
Thanks for getting back to us. Could you refer to the below and export the activation log for better assistance? Thanks so much!

Android: DJI/dji.go.V4/LOG

I dont understand how this is done. Can you walk me through it?
2018-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules