MA+DJI GO 4.3.0 = More Video Lag
4329 47 2018-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
0rcinus
lvl.3
  • >>>
Croatia

Cut the crap, i’ve experienced lag in high rise places, low rise places, and middle of effin nowhere.
I’ve experienced it close and far from the RC.
I’ve experienced it in a sunflower field in the middle of nowhere, in Atotonilco, Mexico, ffs.

The mods here admitted to the issue with DJI GO and claimed it was fixed then not fixed numerous times.

Stop it with the ”it’s you” theories.
2018-8-29
Use props
CrazyPup
lvl.3
United States

I'm looking at the OP's video and feeling so jealous. I wish mine was as good as that. I get a stuttering video feed right from the off. I can't even imagine using a pair of Goggles since it would be a complete waste of time and money.

I fly mine in a playing field in a local park, far from buildings, and use a Samsung S8, in airplane mode, with all other apps closed.
2018-8-29
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-26 14:31
A possibility that would need to be tested...

The Noise (dBm) graph may be only from perspective of SmartDevice.  As such as drone flys around it may come closer to Interference (Noise) that does not show up on graph being displayed by your SmartDevice.  Even though it appears to be clear of noise, on drone's end it is using frequency loaded with noise (Interference).

My friend,
This time I chose a place that:
- No phone signal
- No wifi signal
- No HotSpot
- No residences or buildings near ou around

2018-8-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

TZero Posted at 2018-8-29 08:17
My friend,
This time I chose a place that:
- No phone signal

Looks like good evidence to me that MA and/or DJI GO-4 have a serious video Lag problem.
Whether it is MA firmware, GO-4 App software, or both - it is up to DJI to resolve problem.
2018-8-29
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-29 15:28
Looks like good evidence to me that MA and/or DJI GO-4 have a serious video Lag problem.
Whether it is MA firmware, GO-4 App software, or both - it is up to DJI to resolve problem.

I appreciate the honesty of your words.
It is very comforting to see someone not calling me a madman, a liar, or a bad pilot.
Thank you my friend.

2018-8-29
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

I tested with Sony XZP one of top model phone with Android 8. It’s clear 4.3 is much worse than 4.2. The video screen is pixelated and huge delay when open the app. I need to kill all apps and restart DJI Go many times to get a acceptable video.

I am quite sure this problem is caused by the new HD video transfer for M2. DJI should build a new GO for M2 and don’t affect the other models.

I suggest you install Go version before 4.3 if has video problem.
2018-8-29
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

GDL Posted at 2018-8-29 17:02
I tested with Sony XZP one of top model phone with Android 8. It’s clear 4.3 is much worse than 4.2. The video screen is pixelated and huge delay when open the app. I need to kill all apps and restart DJI Go many times to get a acceptable video.

I am quite sure this problem is caused by the new HD video transfer for M2. DJI should build a new GO for M2 and don’t affect the other models.

I installed all previous versions.....

Now, I using 4.2.12 ( same lag ) but minus silly warnings.
No one convinces me that this is not a problem with this damn firmware

2018-8-29
Use props
dzony
lvl.2
Flight distance : 426850 ft
Austria

Hi,

maybe 2 little things to try which have worked for me for the issues described:
1. downgrade DJI go *and* switch off all screen animations in the phone                                 -> helps with the lags
2. use a *quality* third party USB cable                                 -> helps with the disconnect, pixelation and some of the lags

details:
1st is to use DJI go 4.2.16-2031415. Can be downloaded from apk mirror. This is the last of the slightly smaller versions and thus limiting the load on your phone. The app does not work in a single thread and if a background thread tries to do something while you nead the real time interaction, you are done....
Screen animations are cool but have a unfortunate effect of preceding any meaningful content on the screen. The app uses these for all of the menu roll-downs but it also seems to bear influence while you have some gimbal movement. Just switch it off.

The OTG cable from DJI is not up to scratch. You do get disconnects, you do get slow data transfers and aircraft disconnects (while the remote link led is actually green). Toss it away and use the standard sized USB at the bottom of the remote connecting to the phone.

Hope this helps!
2018-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules