Mavic Air Can't Connect RC To Phone any Longer
1453 8 2018-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_useAQR0LqmBy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi
Have had my Mavic Air for 3 months, absolutely love it. Have clocked around 80hrs of flight time so far.

However, this week have had issues for the first time.

I plugged my phone into the remote to connect it to the drone, and instead of automatically opening the app and connecting straigh to the drone like normal, nothing happened.

All I got was a notification saying that my phone was charging slower than usual.

In the DJI Go 4 app, where you can normally go through the Wired Connection process, I got stuck on stage 3, and as the RC didn't recognise that the phone was plugged in, I can't click the 'Link With Aircraft' button.

My phone is fine, works perfectly with all sorts of other USB peripherals, and is the same phone I've logged each of the 80h of flights with so far. It's an HTC U11, on the most recent version of android.

I can connect via wifi from the phone to drone no trouble too.

Bloody annoying, as off on holiday next week and won't be able to take the drone if it's not fixed.

DJI support say it sounds like a broken RC and they want to repair it.

John Lewis, where I got it from say they can just replace it under guarantee on the spot, but they are out of stock until the end of next week.

Seems to be a lot of threads online of fairly similar issues. I've tried enabling USB Debugging, reinstalling the app, restarting the phone, updating drone firmware, bought a new cable and tried the USB slot in the back of the RC. None of these things have helped.

Anyone got any idea?!
Screenshot_20180824-183316.png
Screenshot_20180824-183323.png
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry about that. I would like to clarify, have you tried to use different mobile device?
2018-8-24
Use props
djiuser_useAQR0LqmBy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-24 10:30
Hi, we're sorry about that. I would like to clarify, have you tried to use different mobile device?

Yes, it works fine with my wife's Google Pixel, which is really odd.

2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_useAQR0LqmBy Posted at 2018-8-24 10:50
Yes, it works fine with my wife's Google Pixel, which is really odd.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Upon checking, HTC U11 is not fully compatible with Mavic Air. I suggest you use a compatible device listed on our website. For reference, please see the attached image below. Thank you.

2018-8-24
Use props
djiuser_useAQR0LqmBy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-24 11:21
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Upon checking, HTC U11 is not fully compatible with Mavic Air. I suggest you use a compatible device listed on our website. For reference, please see the attached image below. Thank you.

[view_image]

I knew you'd say that. Why did it work fine for 80 hours no issue with the U11 and stop overnight?
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_useAQR0LqmBy Posted at 2018-8-24 11:30
I knew you'd say that. Why did it work fine for 80 hours no issue with the U11 and stop overnight?

Hi. Actually, there is a possibility that it will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with our application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the application if this will work all the time while using the specific mobile device. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on our website to avoid any problem. Thank you.
2018-8-24
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

Try use another USB cable.
2018-8-24
Use props
djiuser_useAQR0LqmBy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

GDL Posted at 2018-8-24 16:16
Try use another USB cable.

have tried that, bought a new cable for connecting to the side, and tried the usb slot in the middle of the rc too.
2018-8-25
Use props
Simon Engels
New

Belgium

Hi,
I have the exact same problem, but wit the S9+ (supported device).
It worked fine for months, but now after starting the Mavic Air up again after the winter, the remote and Drone are connecting, but my S9+ isn't connecting with the temote anymore..
What do I do?
2019-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules