Auto TakeOff
5101 15 2018-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
epetit91_djiuser
lvl.4
France

Hello,
Twice yhis week I encountered a problem with the Auto TakeOff feature under DJI GO4 V4.2.24 for IOS.
The problem is that the Auto TakeOff icon did not appear on the screen. Only the Auto Landing command was present.
All the conditions to take off were met and I did not find anything in the documentation on the conditions of display or not of the icon Auto TakeOff.
Has anyone ever noticed this problem?
Thank you

2018-8-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Why are you using this feature?

Have you learned how to push the left stick forward to lift off?

It’s really not that difficult. The DJI drones stay level.

RedHotPoker
2018-8-24
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Probably just a quirk.  They come and go.  Next time, reinstall the app.
2018-8-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-8-24 12:17
Probably just a quirk.  They come and go.  Next time, reinstall the app.

Sure, synch your flights, delete the app, clear old internet cache and cookies, reboot the device and now reinstall the Go app.

RedHotPoker
2018-8-24
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft

Yes.. kind of.. When I was first using my Samsung note 7 cell phone before I purchased the iPad 9.7 mini. Every now and then things would be missing from the screen just as you said the take off icon and another time the RTH icon and yet other times just different things missing . I removed said go 4 app and installed it again like three times and finally I read ya sometimes have to delete the history and cookies and there was another one but point being after I started using the iPad I’ve had no more issues.... not saying that’s what your issue is and don’t run out and buy one . But it worked for me if indeed that was the issue. I’ve just read a lot of things about android and apple uses. Good luck.
2018-8-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I have never had any issues either, since day one of using my iPad Air2 & Phantom 3 Pro.

RedHotPoker
2018-8-24
Use props
epetit91_djiuser
lvl.4
France

Thank you very much Reds2tall55 for this testimony. I use a mini iPad 4 and I had never encountered this problem that appeared 2 times in a week. If it happens again, I will reinstall DJI GO 4.
Thank you.
2018-8-24
Use props
fans368921ec
lvl.1
United States

reinstall the app and update your ios to the latest firmware
2018-8-25
Use props
epetit91_djiuser
lvl.4
France

Thank you fans368921ec.
My iOS devices are always with the latest firmware.
For DJI GO 4, I will reinstall it If the problem happens again.
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Sorry for the late response. Please let us know what will happen once you reinstalled the app.
2018-8-26
Use props
Al S. Alice's Handler
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50259 ft

Did you use auto takeoff,  then land manually? If you do the auto landing then the taleoff should show up. Even after shutting down everything and storing it away,  it remembers. I used it to show a friend that anyone could fly them, and didn't auto land. That's how I found out.
2018-8-26
Use props
epetit91_djiuser
lvl.4
France

No, I always used a manual landing after a TakeOff Auto.
The non-appearance of this icon is a curiosity that did not disturb me (I took off in manual mode) but I will monitor if the phenomenon reappears.
2018-8-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

epetit91_djiuser Posted at 2018-8-26 05:50
The non-appearance of this icon is a curiosity that did not disturb me (I took off in manual mode) but I will monitor if the phenomenon reappears.

Please always takeoff manually... it’s part of the rc hobby...

RedHotPoker
2018-8-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

epetit91_djiuser Posted at 2018-8-25 22:21
Thank you fans368921ec.
My iOS devices are always with the latest firmware.
For DJI GO 4, I will reinstall it If the problem happens again.

It’s best to be updated...

RedHotPoker
2018-8-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

epetit91_djiuser Posted at 2018-8-26 05:50

If you've already armed the motors then auto take of is no longer an option, it defaults to auto land.

Arming the motors is part of the auto take off process.

2018-8-26
Use props
Al S. Alice's Handler
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50259 ft

If you didn't use auto land then auto takeoff won't show until you use it. You don't need to be flying to auto land, but if I remember you do need the motors running. Just turn it on, let it warm up, start the motors and then push the auto land. Slide it or hit ok (going from memory here) after that auto takeoff will show as available again.
Been there, done that. Have the shirt!
2018-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules