Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Latest updated firmware issue
790 8 2018-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans59ac431a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 581257 ft
  • >>>

Updated to the latest FW for Inspire 2 with new Credence, Crystal Sky 7.85, Zemuse X7, first flight no problem, second flight landing gear lowing notice but gear was still up.  Came in for landing and landing gear would not lower, then Go4 locked up, hand grabed I2 flipped upside down to shut down.  Also have one battery listing bad cell, looks like I need to roll back on the FW but also want to keep the Pro Res Raw option?  What's next?

2018-8-24
Use props
TheMightyThor
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2224665 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately the only pic for this is to roll back the firmware. That's what a;; the mods have said. I did it three days ago and no more landing gear or IMU redundancy warnings.
2018-8-24
Use props
fans59ac431a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 581257 ft
  • >>>

TheMightyThor Posted at 2018-8-24 17:25
Unfortunately the only pic for this is to roll back the firmware. That's what a;; the mods have said. I did it three days ago and no more landing gear or IMU redundancy warnings.

Okay great how do I do that?
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. We were able to check on our engineers that this new firmware is a bug. Please kindly downgrade the firmware and use the drone first. You may do that by connecting your drone to the DJI Assistant 2 and it will give you an option their to downgrade the firmware. Our engineers are currently trying to fix it. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that may have caused you. We will keep you updated once it's fixed. Thank you for your understanding.
2018-8-25
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Isn't there a warranty on software updates?  Apologies make DJI feel better but do nothing for an owner who's aircraft was disabled or shoot day ruined by a new firmware update.  With every software update shouldn't the warranty be extended.  If I put a new part on my car that part is under warranty why not software?  Its new, not part of the original aircraft but required by DJI to operate properly and should extend the warranty for every software update.  Having to downgrade buggy software is beginning to be a big drag making the aircraft unsuitable for commercial work.  I once had I2 batteries update during flight and reboot causing a crash, while the aircraft was under warranty and quickly replaced by DJI I don't think I'd get the same courtesy now that my machines are out of warranty.  Just song and dance, a repair bill, a middle finger pointing to the software disclaimer clause and warranty expiration.  
2018-8-27
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

In my humble opinion, having DJI products from both the pro range and consumer range for over half a decade, it seems DJI is more focused to give support in time for the consumer market. That is where the majority of their customers are. We pro users pay a lot of more money for our products and often we buy a lot of DJI accessories, but we receive less support.

There seems to be no priority based on the severity of the bugs and how it affects customers from DJI. Pro users often use their drones for commercial work, and need working and safe drones, still we often see severe bugs hindering flight or functions. Pro equipment, like the CrystalSky, gets the firmware months later than iOS or Android, if at all. This spring ProRes RAW firmware was announced. A buggy firmware was released nearly half a year later, and it did not have ProRes RAW for the X5 and those who have paid for CinemaDNG and ProRes licenses, and now we need to roll back to firmware .100.

DJI, All these issues impacts your customers companies negative! I think DJI should start think more about their pro users.
2018-8-27
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

what version number?
2018-8-30
Use props
marktottymy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91860 ft
United States

So I2 will automatically shut down if turned over by hand with props facing ground ? I hope I won't have to do it but good to know as a last resort. I tested hand catching a few times and as long as VPS was already disabled, it shut down without a fight with quicck throttle down as soon as you grab it...
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

That's should be V01.02.0100, sir.
2018-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules