Ronin S Canon 5d mk iv
6165 7 2018-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HeyKyle
lvl.1
United States

Anyone using their 5d MKiv with the ronin S and have found a way to utilize the focus wheel?  If so, can you privide the details of how you’ve managed to get it working?
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi HeyKyle, please make sure you have updated to the latest firmware, when using MCC-B:
1. Due to various lens focus control mechanisms, when using the Ronin-S to pull focus, you may need to switch the lens between AF and MF to see which best fits your need.
2. The camera's AF Servo should be shut off when pulling focus.

Please let us know if it works, thank you.
2018-8-25
Use props
Herwig Niggeman
lvl.1

You have to update the Canon 5D MK IV to the latest firmware to work properly with the Ronin S.
2018-8-25
Use props
djiuser_e5pv4fruf9ib
lvl.1
Canada

Herwig Niggeman Posted at 2018-8-25 02:06
You have to update the Canon 5D MK IV to the latest firmware to work properly with the Ronin S.

This was the most helpful page - I searched all night to figure this out.

Update you camera to the latest firmware .... Update the Ronin S to latest Firmware... ALL SET!
2018-9-21
Use props
Cliff D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 482251 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-25 01:54
Hi HeyKyle, please make sure you have updated to the latest firmware, when using MCC-B:
1. Due to various lens focus control mechanisms, when using the Ronin-S to pull focus, you may need to switch the lens between AF and MF to see which best fits your need.
2. The camera's AF Servo should be shut off when pulling focus.

HI Mindy. The supplied BCC-B cable with the Ronin S does not fit the Canon 5D Mk4 that I just bought. The BCC-B cable is a micro USB and the 5D Mk4 is a full size USB connector. DO you know where can I get the correct cable?
2018-12-19
Use props
Cliff D
lvl.2
United States

Cliff D Posted at 12-19 11:32
HI Mindy. The supplied BCC-B cable with the Ronin S does not fit the Canon 5D Mk4 that I just bought. The BCC-B cable is a micro USB and the 5D Mk4 is a full size USB connector. DO you know where can I get the correct cable?

Here's a picture of the 5D Mk4 connector.
2018-12-19
Use props
Cliff D
lvl.2
United States

Cliff D Posted at 12-19 11:36
Here's a picture of the 5D Mk4 connector. [view_image]

So I just watched this youtube video which explains that the Micro USB cable just fits into the bottom half of the full sized socket on the canon 5D Mk4. Who knew? Anyway hope this is helpful to others.

2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Cliff D Posted at 12-19 11:43
So I just watched this youtube video which explains that the Micro USB cable just fits into the bottom half of the full sized socket on the canon 5D Mk4. Who knew? Anyway hope this is helpful to others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xALqOXUXVVw

Hi Cliff D, that is right, the Type B cable is compatible with Ronin-S, you just need to plug it into the bottom half of the socket, please let us know if you have any further concern.
2018-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules