New features for Mavic Air from Mavic Pro 2
1761 12 2018-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Webcruise
lvl.4
  • >>>

I would wish that some features of the new Mavic Pro 2 would also be implemented for the Mavic Air.

Maybe we can make a wish list here. Certainly not all features will be realizable (weak CPU etc.).

But it would be desirable, because otherwise you could get the impression that DJI tries to sell the successor models artificially,
because the predecessor models get no or only a few upgrades.

I would especially like the following features:
- trajectory prediction
- Hyperlaps

Many greetings from Munich,
Alexander

2018-8-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

probably not going to every give mavic air all the features it is capable of..

the tech probably all it probably got enough processing power, just software defined limitations.    predictive things are not terribly new nor are they terribly demanding.. not like it needs 360 degrees of camera coverage either.. can be done with a good software team..

plus they want to justify sales of the mavic 2 pro to every potential market... if they gave a handful of those features to other existing drones, some portion of the market potential will no longer be interested... like there are people that will by a mavic 2 pro/zoom purely for new software functions...

for me, im waiting it out, i dont doubt the mavic 2 pro/zoom is amazing, it obviously is. its a mavic pro..2..  worst it could be is still far better than a mavic pro.  but i think learned my lesson.. im not going to buy into a brand new dji product for 6 months to maybe a year always some early adopter issues. let those issues get sorted out, continue fly my drone until then.

2018-8-25
Use props
Sunset Gigolo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6339 ft
United States

I wish that they could actually get the Mavic air to work , I have had problems with mine from day one , my yuneec breeze flies better than the DJI air, I guess my next one will be made from Yuneec , at least they make them that will fly with no problems , anyone want to buy a Mavic Air fly more package CHEEP ?
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching us here at DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. We will coordinate this to our engineers for a possible update. Thank you.
2018-8-25
Use props
Sanka Nadeera
lvl.2
Flight distance : 253622 ft
United Arab Emirates

I think giving hyperlapse to mavic air will not hurt the sales of  mavic 2 series at all. because even at this point all the mavic air users can enjoy hyperlapse with using 3rd party applications in the post production. adding this feature and something like way point missons will keep DJI users with the DJI GO 4 app and stay away from 3rd party applications.. so it is DJI choice weather keeping users with them or with other 3rd party applications ....
2018-8-25
Use props
salmonshark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 206352 ft

Don't hold your breath on this request...   When the Air came out, MP and MPP wanted their quick shots, but we didn't get them and still haven't...  so I don't see DJI adding anything new or more to the Air or MP/MPP lines...  If you want these new features, you are going to have to pay for them.

At least that is my 2 pennies worth.

SalmonShark
2018-8-25
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

I still don't get what hyperlapse is, just looks like sped up video to me. Why is it special, and why do people want/like it?
2018-8-25
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

OneDoesNotSimply Posted at 2018-8-25 07:36
I still don't get what hyperlapse is, just looks like sped up video to me. Why is it special, and why do people want/like it?

I thought hyperlapses had the subject locked still in the center while the camera moved in or out and the sky/clouds rolled by quickly.  The subject isn't jumping round but is still/frozen in frame position while the camera moves.

It is just something that needed gimbal tech, or a studio dolly, to accomplish.  
2018-8-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-8-25 07:51
I thought hyperlapses had the subject locked still in the center while the camera moved in or out and the sky/clouds rolled by quickly.  The subject isn't jumping round but is still/frozen in frame position while the camera moves.

It is just something that needed gimbal tech, or a studio dolly, to accomplish.

That’s timelapse, hyperlapse when Camera is moving taking shots to form into short video.
2018-8-25
Use props
The flying dodo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 508255 ft
Belgium

For me, it is necessary to optimize the current functionalities, and for that it is absolutely necessary the "trajectory prediction"
The trajectory prediction is just a follow-me update
2018-8-25
Use props
devilsBastard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 254370 ft

No more quick-shot modes please! I would like to see full control over camera functions like ISO and shutterspeed in activ-track-mode and other automatic modes.
Please improve stability and add a "Follow-Terrain-Mode" - that's what a travelling drone needs.
2018-8-27
Use props
devilsBastard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 254370 ft

OneDoesNotSimply Posted at 2018-8-25 07:36

Full agree. Think this a gimmick, same as the dolly zoom feature - it is a funny toy. I suppose we will see a lot of hyperlapses and DZs in the next future. May be to much...
2018-8-27
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

devilsBastard Posted at 2018-8-27 11:06
Full agree. Think this a gimmick, same as the dolly zoom feature - it is a funny toy. I suppose we will see a lot of hyperlapses and DZs in the next future. May be to much...

A bit like all the asteroids we saw when the MA first came out
2018-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules